Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Young Victoria - 15/3/2009 11:41:07 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 15/3/2009 11:41:07 PM   
captain jack harknes

Enjoyed it far more than I thought I would - thought Paul Bettany was fabulous and that the two leads made a lovely and believable couple. Made me giggle that the guy who shot Albert was the guy who mugged Mark in Peep Show!! :D

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
A Okay Film - 5/7/2009 9:45:46 AM   
joanna likes films

Saw this last night and I thought it was a okay film but had a few niggles in it. Yes, the cast is a strong pact but the relationship and chemisty between the two leads just wasn't there. The final twenty minutes seemed rushed, the love story wasn't believeable and the supporting cast had a few scenes to try and shine. But it dosen't mean it was a rubbish film, there is some stunning scenery and lush music especially at the ball where beautiful dresses and the romance grew between Victoria and Albert. So it's a okay movie apart from the annoying niggles, entertainment for a Saturday night.

Post #: 3
Good period drama - 13/9/2009 4:45:33 PM   
Caster

Nowhere near as stuffy and dull as most period flicks regarding the monarchy, this is a refreshing though admittedly light look at the young Queen Victoria. It won't change your world but as far as these type of film go it's very well made and excellently paced. Blunt is excellent as always.

Post #: 4
- 14/9/2009 12:10:31 AM   
xmagic_dustx

Great film, lovely romance!

Post #: 5
Wonderful Performance by Blunt - 23/12/2011 11:27:56 AM   
Pezbury

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Yes, it may not have gone into great depths about historical events but when you're just in the mood for a light love-story (with a little educating - for me anyway, as I don't know much about the Royals), this is great.

I was very impressed with Emily Blunt's performance... A star to watch I reckon.

This is also the first time I've seen Rupert Friend in anything and I liked his performance too and the chemistry between him and Blunt.

Overall, very enjoyable.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Young Victoria Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI