Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 12:19:02 AM   
thepluginbaby

I'm really getting into Battlefield 1943 now they have fixed the servers.  Its quite basic as far as FPSs go but its well balanced and is already providing many moments of epicness.  The planes are the best bit cos they have got a bit of a learning curve to flying them effectively, the problem at the moment is that everybody makes a b-line for them.  But I think the next map they will be releasing puts every player in a cockpit, which could be fun.   

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 181
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 8:43:30 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

In my defence, I haven't mixed paints since I was about 5. Art is not my thing!

No excuse Juan. I think all the 'purples' should have purple avatars for a week as a mark of shame. Thats you and Dark Knight so far....come on the rest of you, 'fess up!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 182
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 9:10:22 AM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

I'm really getting into Battlefield 1943 now they have fixed the servers.  Its quite basic as far as FPSs go but its well balanced and is already providing many moments of epicness.  The planes are the best bit cos they have got a bit of a learning curve to flying them effectively, the problem at the moment is that everybody makes a b-line for them.  But I think the next map they will be releasing puts every player in a cockpit, which could be fun.   

It is indeed proving very enjoyable now that the server issue has been fixed. It's not the best FPS around but it's a good way to pass the time. I'm having trouble with the achievement in which you have to kill someone with a car/tank and plane. Now I know I have killed someone with each one but it's yet to register. Do you have to shoot them with said mode of transport or does running them down count too? I only have that one and the 100 game achievment to get.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 183
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 11:44:16 AM   
brill

I'm really, really loving Battlefield ! I've only played it with randoms at the moment and had a blast, so sure it would be even better playing with people from here.

Anyone up for some action one night this week ?

Post #: 184
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 12:10:30 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Gentlemen, may I present your weekly Deal of the Week update.

Ikaruga.  400 points.

It's not a live offer yet, but will be reduced at some point today. 

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 185
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 12:40:58 PM   
borstal

Ikaruga is only for the hardcore

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 186
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 12:52:53 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Balls to that then.  I'm just recovering from being humiliated by SF4 and Turbo that I may just give it a miss. 

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 187
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 1:00:47 PM   
borstal

I love it. One of the best old style shooters Ive ever played but it is very challenging.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 188
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 3:32:25 PM   
kata

I'd definately be up for some squad action,  Got a squad going at the minute but its only 2 of us... a duo more than a squad but even with just 2 it makes things a more fun.

Add me:
Gamertag: Ryujyn

Been away from the forums for quite a while so note sure if the old schoolers i used to play with from here are still around.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 189
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 3:41:02 PM   
Clarence Worley

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Been away from the forums for quite a while

Prison?

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.

That's what they're saying about me now? That I'm paranoid?

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 190
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 13/7/2009 9:14:50 PM   
rich

Finally a proper version of Worms is available. Anyone else experience it freezing though? Probably the only game to ever to this for me.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Clarence Worley)
Post #: 191
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 14/7/2009 6:58:20 AM   
Spektre

Looks like Call of Duty might be coming to XBLA.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3130-Original-Call-of-Duty-Confirmed-for-the-Arcade.html

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 192
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 14/7/2009 12:52:57 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spektre

Looks like Call of Duty might be coming to XBLA.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3130-Original-Call-of-Duty-Confirmed-for-the-Arcade.html

Is that not old news? I'm sure I've known about that for a good 2 or 3 months.

Anyway, is it definitely tomorrow that Monkey Island HD gets released?

Anyone else played Wallace & Grommit: Fright of the Bumblebees yet? Great little game, although some of the puzzles are a bit out there. No problem for a seasoned point and clicker though, I learnt years ago to try everything with everything .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 193
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 14/7/2009 3:40:04 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

That's the plan.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 194
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 14/7/2009 3:43:22 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Really loving Battlefield 1943, best Arcade game out there, definitely worth the 1200 points.

My only issue was flying the planes but I've gotten used to that, though still only managed one kill with a plane.

The new map should be available tonight or tomorrow, though if it's the dogfight map that's rumoured I can't say I'm all that interested.

Really good to team up with a few friends and start taking all the flags in what you call but is really far from a tactical manner.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 195
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 14/7/2009 4:47:24 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Aye and for 800 points no less
Won't get to play it till thursday though.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 196
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 14/7/2009 8:14:36 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Really loving Battlefield 1943, best Arcade game out there, definitely worth the 1200 points.

My only issue was flying the planes but I've gotten used to that, though still only managed one kill with a plane.

The new map should be available tonight or tomorrow, though if it's the dogfight map that's rumoured I can't say I'm all that interested.

Really good to team up with a few friends and start taking all the flags in what you call but is really far from a tactical manner.

I sadly joined your little game a little late and only got on the last 10 mins of your last game. It would have been better had I had communication with you guys but it was good fun.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 197
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 8:39:08 AM   
borstal

quote:

Its good isnt it? At first I thought it was OK, a watered down/restricted CoD. After a while it revealed that rather than restricted it has very tight but effective design. Amazing how many snipers put themselves on a high ridge making themselves the best target in the game.

With a squad of players playing together it could be wonderful.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 198
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 10:29:23 AM   
brill

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

Good to see you yesterday James, I had to log off though as work to do.

I logged on quickly this morning to have a go on the new map, as I read it's just dogfights.  Quite good fun for 10 mins but I did get bored.

I'm sh*t at flying though so that has something to do with it !

I sadly joined your little game a little late and only got on the last 10 mins of your last game. It would have been better had I had communication with you guys but it was good fun.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 199
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 1:41:32 PM   
thepluginbaby

Having immense fun with battlefield.  Yesterday me and a friend infiltrated the enemy aircraft carrier and rigged both planes with explosives.   Then we hid out of the way, and when the enemies respawn they make a b-line for the planes.  As they barrel roll majestically through the sky BOOM!  Hilarious.  They just don't expect it!  But how did they not see the explosives on their wings?

Also the landing craft is an underated marvel for taking out planes.   

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 200
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 1:59:27 PM   
Harry Tuttle

So, anyone grabbed Monkey Island yet?

I need to get home and download that baby so I can start exploring Melee Island again.

Damned work .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Post #: 201
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 2:11:46 PM   
Spektre

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

Having immense fun with battlefield.  Yesterday me and a friend infiltrated the enemy aircraft carrier and rigged both planes with explosives.   Then we hid out of the way, and when the enemies respawn they make a b-line for the planes.  As they barrel roll majestically through the sky BOOM!  Hilarious.  They just don't expect it!  But how did they not see the explosives on their wings?

Also the landing craft is an underated marvel for taking out planes.   

lol...I did something similar the otherday.
I took my boat all the way to the other carrier and I parked far away near the ocean on the opposite side to where the island is. I stayed there for about 5 or 6 minutes shooting planes while they were still on deck. I must have destroyed 8 of them. I then got cheeky and waited for someone to board the plane then took him out before he managed to get any air. He spawned a few minutes later and shot me with a sniper rifle.

Post #: 202
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 5:55:38 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

I need to get home and download that baby so I can start exploring Melee Island again.

Damned work .

Nobody but me then eh.

Bunch of fucking philestines .

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 203
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 7:13:27 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

Damned work .

Nobody but me then eh.

Bunch of fucking philestines .

Pretty sure I was the first to get it here seeing as I'm jobless at the moment...
I picked it up at around 11:00 and played it briefly. Not played the original before so it's all new to me. But I just had to pick it up as I have heard nothing but praise about the game and it's clearly a dear old favourtie of a lot of people.

First impressions are good. Though I have not gotten far. Looks nice, voice acting is decent and controls are ok. Just need to get used to actually using the D-Pad instead of actually pointing and clicking on the commands (Use, Look, Talk etc) though if you hover over somthing like a door the game already suggests you open it so that works out ok.

I also picked up Kodu the other day. I'll probaly get into it later this week but it's easy to use and good fun. The game has a few tutorials and ready made games for you to jump in and try. The best thing is that the ready made games act like tutorials too as you can see how they are put together and learn from them. It's a shame you can only share games with friends at the moment. So I have to add a Kodu buddy to my list. Trying to get a few mates to buy it too.

Post #: 204
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 7:28:19 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Pretty sure I was the first to get it here seeing as I'm jobless at the moment...

My apologies had I know I would have called you a fucking waster instead of a fucking philestine .

quote:

First impressions are good. Though I have not gotten far. Looks nice, voice acting is decent and controls are ok. Just need to get used to actually using the D-Pad instead of actually pointing and clicking on the commands (Use, Look, Talk etc) though if you hover over somthing like a door the game already suggests you open it so that works out ok.

I've not played much of it yet, will dig into it properly after the kids have gone to bed but so far I am impressed with the makeover but have found myself pressing the back button and using the old style inventory when I have to perform an action. T'is much easier, but then again it's pretty much ingrained into my brain. At some point I'll have to get used to using the d-pad I guess but at the moment I'm actually enjoying the seamless transition from old school to HD and back .

This will have to be my last Arcade title for a while now, I've spent upwards of £45 on DLC and Live Arcade games this month and I'm gonna be buying Mothership Zeta in August. At this rate I'm not gonna be able to afford any full price games (although there's fuck all worth buying till Arkham Asylum anyway).

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 205
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 7:58:16 PM   
BishopQuaker

I believe my XBOX 360 Gamertag thingy is BishopQuaker - what a shock.
Add me if you like

Post #: 206
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 8:19:27 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: BishopQuaker

I believe my XBOX 360 Gamertag thingy is BishopQuaker - what a shock.
Add me if you like

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2357837&mpage=1&NID=0?

There's the gamertag thread if you want to introduce yourself to Empire's 360 community

Right then, I've discovered something that's stopping me from enjoying Monkey Island to it's full potential. That something is me and my damned amazing memory. Granted I'm only about an hour into the game but I remember everything. I notice things and think ahh a herring I'm going to need that later on for... so I'd best pick it up. The problem is I downloaded a SCUMM emulator about a year and a half ago and played through Monkey Island 1 then so it's all still pretty fresh in the memory .

Still, I'm enjoying the extra sheen that's been added to it and some/most of the jokes work a lot better spoken than in text so at least I'll have the humour to carry me through.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 15/7/2009 8:20:13 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to BishopQuaker)
Post #: 207
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 8:33:00 PM   
BishopQuaker

Thanks Harry,

I shall do just that

Post #: 208
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 8:46:22 PM   
MBeard

Whats the big hoohah about Monkey Island? I've never played it.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to BishopQuaker)
Post #: 209
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/7/2009 8:53:39 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

Whats the big hoohah about Monkey Island? I've never played it.

It's a cracking point and click adventure game (one of the first and probably the best), as made popular by Lucasarts in the 90's that's lovingly been given a HD makeover (or not, depends on your preference). That's why the hoohah.

That being said though it is aiming for what is quite a niche market and it won't be everyone's cup of tea.Personally I would recommend the game to everybody though. It's frickin awesome.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 15/7/2009 8:54:18 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI