Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 28/5/2009 2:45:07 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Some game demos do pop up a notification to say that you could have scored an achievement if you had the full game and give you the option to unlock the full game and get the cheev there and then (Poker Smash does this, I believe).  Other than that, naw but you will have to unlock them again in the full game.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 91
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 29/5/2009 11:18:00 AM   
Sleazy

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Bionic Commando is the deal of the week at 400 points. Try the demo and I'd say pick it up at that price really. I have got into it a lot more now. It's worth it at that price anyway.

After that fantastic post anolomy, I've took your advice and bought Bionic Commando whilst it's reduced without having played the demo.

It best be good... ;o)

On another note, if I download a demo and complete say the first level or should've won an achievement, if I then buy that game would my game carry on and the achievement unlock or would I have to do it again?

Woah... Terms and Conditions apply! I did say to try the demo. It took awhile for me to get into it but I am enjoying it now. It is old skool but once you work some parts out they are easy enough. I'm sure you will get enough enjoyment out of it that will warrant the £3 or so you spent on it! I was happy to get it for 800 points. You can't earn achievements in demos.You will have to earn them again once you actually buy the game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey
I have both - for 3 quid, they're a bloody steal.

I would get the other disc. It's £4. The one thing that puts me off is that I have what looks to be the best game on the disc already. It's the one with Geometry Wars (i own already), Bewjewled 2? and Texas Holdem etc? How are the other games?

I got that one bundled with my 360.

Bejewelled 2 is excellent, right up there with Peggle when it comes to puzzlers.  Texas Holdem is a great poker game, it allows vid chat too. Outpost Kaluki X is ok, its a kinda sim city thing on a spacestation, I dont like backgammon so Hardwood Backgammon all depends if you do. Finally I didnt like Wik, its an odd platformer in which you swing around with your tongue collecting stuff, its very slow paced and is all about getting the right trajectory(sp).

All in all I'd recomend picking this up at that price, even if you already have Geometry wars, £4 for Bejwelled and Texas Hold Em makes it worth having.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 92
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 29/5/2009 12:50:02 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

I concur.  I couldn't get into Wik. Outpost Kaloki is a distraction. Bejeweled 2 is rock hard to get the achievements, but immense fun.  Backgammon and Texas Hold 'Em do exactly what they say on the tin.  And Geometry Wars is good enough to own twice...

When you price up how much it is to individual d/l all of them, £4 is daylight robbery.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 93
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/6/2009 8:32:03 AM   
Sleazy

So I've had a bit of a splurge on XBLA, In the last week I have bought Wallace and Gromit, Peggle, Outrun and Small Arms. All pretty good too.

Does anyone here play Small Arms? I can imagine it being a good multiplayer laugh.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 94
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/6/2009 10:02:24 PM   
rich

Monkey Island details

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210601/the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition-first-look?tag=topslot;thumb;5

Meanwhile...

Post #: 95
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/6/2009 11:30:48 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Monkey Island details

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210601/the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition-first-look?tag=topslot;thumb;5

So they are revamping the graphics. Fair play. I look foward to getting it. I have heard nothing but good things about the games so it's an instant buy for me.

E3

E3 revealed some kind of platforming shooter from EPIC.  That looks good.  LINK : http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/988/988794p1.html

The roster for The Summer of Arcade has been announced. Honestly I mostly care about Marvel Vs Capcom 2 ... that is now part of "The Summer of Arcade" which starts on 22nd of JULY! I was really hoping for an earlier release. A shame. Turtles in Time is also due in that time period also.
LINK: http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/988/988794p1.html

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 96
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 9:29:24 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

What do you fancy doing this weekend?  How about getting nostalgic over those bygone days of yore, sat around your mates PC with a can of proper Tizer and a bag of Vice Versa, shooting Nazis in the head?  How about doing just that, only this time on your Xbox 360, with a can of rubbish new tasting Tizer, a bag of Minstrels and a pot of Tippex?

That's right, Wolfenstein is this weeks XBLA release. 

Post #: 97
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 12:18:28 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

What do you fancy doing this weekend?  How about getting nostalgic over those bygone days of yore, sat around your mates PC with a can of proper Tizer and a bag of Vice Versa, shooting Nazis in the head?  How about doing just that, only this time on your Xbox 360, with a can of rubbish new tasting Tizer, a bag of Minstrels and a pot of Tippex?

That's right, Wolfenstein is this weeks XBLA release. 

Any news on the price? I will get it on the cheap .I'm hoping for 400 ms points .I'll be honest Duke Nukem gives me motion sickness or somthing. Plus I am stuck on it! So the novelty has worn off...I don't want to the same to happen to this game and the difference is I have never played this before.

Post #: 98
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 3:27:47 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Nah.  I would be heartily unsurprised if it was 800MSP, though.  I know the very similar Doom is now 400 points, but that did start out life as an 800 point game.

Post #: 99
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 3:56:57 PM   
talpacino

Good 7 minute video about Monkey Island here. Really looking forward to this.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/video.php?id=2691

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 100
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 10:32:37 PM   
DJ Satan

Major Nelson just twittered.
quote:

In the booth. Just saw Perfect Dark on XBLA running 1080p. It is coming to XBLA this winter. Free theme coming tomorrow!

I think that will make some people here very happy.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 101
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 10:59:18 PM   
directorscut

400MS for Wolfenstein would be pushing it as it is.  Let's face it, you'd only buy it for the achievements. It's been freeware on the PC for over a decade and if your PC can't run it, then you're probably not able to read this.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 102
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 11:02:54 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Major Nelson just twittered.
quote:

In the booth. Just saw Perfect Dark on XBLA running 1080p. It is coming to XBLA this winter. Free theme coming tomorrow!

I think that will make some people here very happy.

Well the game itself is old news, shame it's release is months away, I was hoping it would be a summer release.

1080p, have they just upped the res or is it done up too?

A free theme is great news though, I hope it's a premium one, I'm bored of all the premium themes being 240 points.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 103
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 2/6/2009 11:08:14 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

400MS for Wolfenstein would be pushing it as it is.  Let's face it, you'd only buy it for the achievements. It's been freeware on the PC for over a decade and if your PC can't run it, then you're probably not able to read this.

As thatlittlemonkey pointed out Doom is 400 points. Though yes it was reduced to that price after being 800 points. I myself will probaly just leave it. I am too lazy and honest for emulators so never bother just downloading old games. If it's on freeware then I will probaly just do that.

PD...good news. Though my copy is right here with my save on it and all. The only thing that entices me is online mode. It would be nice to go through again as well I suppose.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 2/6/2009 11:09:19 PM >

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 104
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 12:13:09 PM   
Sleazy

Wolfenstein is up now and yeppers, its 400pts.

Am quite tempted, I never played the original and I enjoyed playing Doom again on XBLA.

Post #: 105
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 1:02:28 PM   
borstal

I played the original Doom before playing Wolfenstein and to be honest I always thought it was really boring.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 106
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 3:55:40 PM   
britesparc

The fact that two of my favourite games of all time - Monkey Island and Perfect Dark - are both gonna be available on XBLA this year is positively orgasmic.

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 107
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 8:48:31 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I played the original Doom before playing Wolfenstein and to be honest I always thought it was really boring.

You found Doom boring and preferred Wolfenstein? Never really played either. I have the orginal Doom that came with Doom 3 but never completed it or anything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

Wolfenstein is up now and yeppers, its 400pts.

Am quite tempted, I never played the original and I enjoyed playing Doom again on XBLA.

Well done MS a good price. Considering it's been mentioned you can get it free on the PC etc. I'll try the demo it may be somthing best left to the past and a spin on the PC if I want to try it again. Who knows.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 3/6/2009 8:49:28 PM >

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 108
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 11:15:28 PM   
James2183

Perfect Dark finally confirmed for XBLA

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a158074/perfect-dark-confirmed-for-xbox-live.html

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 109
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 11:26:50 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a158074/perfect-dark-confirmed-for-xbox-live.html

See further up the page.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 110
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 11:31:07 PM   
James2183

Gah, I bloody looked as well!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 111
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 3/6/2009 11:53:00 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

See further up the page.

Or see the thread I posted about a month back

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 112
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 4/6/2009 8:45:18 AM   
the anomaly

PD news is always good news so it's all goooood! I downloaded the theme. Nice enough. Well done M$ for using a free theme to promote the game. I'm looking forward to the game a lot more now...they really need to make sure online is up to scratch though. I'm glad it's getting a release as PD is a game that a lot of people missed as it was a late N64 game. So hopefully others can see why it was so special.

I tried the Wolfienstien demo last night. Hahahaha damn. I remember I had played it before briefly at my cousins house...but they also had Duke Nuke Em 3D so I would always opt to play that more instead. Now I know why... I think it's great for a fan who remembers where everything is and where to go. But I can't see myself slogging through this. If a mate at university did this as a project I would be impressed. But for me it's somthing that can stay in the past. Though along with Indy the game did teach me a vaulable lesson long ago that Nazi's are evil bastards.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 113
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 4/6/2009 1:26:46 PM   
Sleazy

tried the Wolfenstein demo last night, is ok I suppose. Its aged a lot worse than Doom. Shame there is no multiplayer on it either. I enjoyed playing Doom online as that was something new to me.

its only 400pts and the acheivements look do-able. I still may try it.

Def getting Perfect Dark as that came out after I owned an N64. I even quite liked PDZ.

Post #: 114
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 4/6/2009 2:42:25 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

See further up the page.

Or see the thread I posted about a month back

The reason I posted it was because I was reminded of your thread

Certainly going to give Wolfenstein a miss. I might download PD, even if I didn't like it that much on the 64

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 115
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 4/6/2009 5:19:18 PM   
directorscut

I forgot how hilarious the stabbing action in Wolfenstein is.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 116
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 4/6/2009 6:14:13 PM   
rich

Wolfenstein, really? They should have put Doom II up instead.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 117
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 4/6/2009 9:27:24 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Wolfenstein, really? They should have put Doom II up instead.

Theres a new Wolfenstein game comming out so the release I would imagine is partly to promote that game also. All the gold you earn in this game can be used to buy weapons in the new one.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 118
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/6/2009 11:52:20 AM   
borstal

Battlefield 1943 for XBLA

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/981/981825p1.html

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 119
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 15/6/2009 5:21:50 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Battlefield 1943 for XBLA

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/981/981825p1.html

Cannot wait for this. Was watching the video preview on Xbox live the other day and I was staggered by the quality for an arcade game. Day of release purchase for me.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI