Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/4/2009 1:24:51 AM   
directorscut

Alien Hominid has been reduced to 400 MS points this week.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 31
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/4/2009 9:34:08 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

And rock hard it is too.  Looks fantastic and has a great sense of humour.  Worth a punt for 400.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 32
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/4/2009 10:15:19 AM   
velocityboy

I am loving peggle.

"I'm always one step ahead...like a carpenter, who makes stairs "

My eyes are open.

Post #: 33
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/4/2009 11:47:05 AM   
BigKovacs

I got back into Puzzle Quest last weekend, really fun and addictive game but the auto leveling of enemies annoys the hell out of me, there's no need for it and it makes just crossing the map a complete chore.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to velocityboy)
Post #: 34
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/4/2009 12:05:10 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Is that a temporary decrease or not? I hope to pick that up I enjoyed the demo and enjoyed CC.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 35
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 1/4/2009 9:42:30 PM   
xim123

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Is that a temporary decrease or not? I hope to pick that up I enjoyed the demo and enjoyed CC.

Think it's just this week and only for Gold Members

My Film Diary

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 36
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 8/4/2009 7:21:07 PM   
James2183

Quick question about Braid. I downloaded the demo a few weeks ago and although it was quite enjoyable it was very frustrating in the sense that I couldn't complete the jigsaw puzzle as I couldn't reach some of the pieces during the game. Can I assume that if I were to get the full game it would be a case of gaining powers or skills of some sort which would enable me to get the pieces I cannot reach in the demo? Or am I being a total idiot and just not seeing the real way to get them?

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 37
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 8/4/2009 7:56:14 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Quick question about Braid. I downloaded the demo a few weeks ago and although it was quite enjoyable it was very frustrating in the sense that I couldn't complete the jigsaw puzzle as I couldn't reach some of the pieces during the game. Can I assume that if I were to get the full game it would be a case of gaining powers or skills of some sort which would enable me to get the pieces I cannot reach in the demo? Or am I being a total idiot and just not seeing the real way to get them?

It's the latter.  They are some tough puzzles though. On my first play through I only cracked a few of the puzzle pieces. It is a game you go back to. So it is probaly best to move on and just get through the level as you can gain a new understanding of a previous puzzle. Great game...sadly not a lot of replay value. Once you have cracked the puzzles you can breeze through the game in a hour or so? It's a lot like Portal.

EDIT: You can just go back to complete a certain puzzle. You don't have to go through the whole level again etc.

Almost forgot I picked up Alien Hominid after all. Great little game. Plus it has co-op so thumbs up for me. It's hard as nails too. Worth 400 points I think.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 8/4/2009 8:02:14 PM >

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 38
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 8/4/2009 8:00:09 PM   
xim123

Beaten to the reply by the anomaly but don't worry James I was in exactly the same situation.  I'm playing through the full game at the moment and only have a few more jigsaw pieces to get but I think I'm really going to struggle with some of them.

My Film Diary

Post #: 39
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 8/4/2009 8:03:58 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: xim123

Beaten to the reply by the anomaly but don't worry James I was in exactly the same situation.  I'm playing through the full game at the moment and only have a few more jigsaw pieces to get but I think I'm really going to struggle with some of them.

It's a proud moment when you get them all I can assure you.  I just wish I could get the speed run achievement which involves completing the whole game and getting all the puzzles in a certain amount of time...I fear I never will though.

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 40
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 8/4/2009 11:19:45 PM   
James2183

I will give it a second chance then... when it has dropped in price again. I am not paying 1200 points for it.

One game which I haven't seen mentioned in here which I thought would have been is Rez. I thought a lot of you guys liked it?

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 41
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 16/4/2009 10:55:01 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

I will give it a second chance then... when it has dropped in price again. I am not paying 1200 points for it.

One game which I haven't seen mentioned in here which I thought would have been is Rez. I thought a lot of you guys liked it?

I forgot 1200 points was so expensive. That's just more than £10! I was temped by Banjo Kazooie but there's no way I am spending that much on it. Looking at XBLA a lot of games could do with a price cut still. Though it is nice to see they have been doing the odd reduced price here and there.

I have some points at the moment. I plan on getting TLATD and Fallout DLC. But I am tempted to get Worms. It's going for 400 points which is around £3.40. The only thing that put's me off is that I have worms open warefare 2 on the DS. I have heard the 360 version is a newer version than open warefare 1? Is that right?

Are there any interesting releases comming up for arcade?

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 42
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 16/4/2009 11:30:24 PM   
Jules

quote:

I forgot 1200 points was so expensive. That's just more than £10! I was temped by Banjo Kazooie but there's no way I am spending that much on it.

You should though - it's well worth it. Fantastic game. Around 20 hours of play to 100% it if you have not played it before and one of the greatest 3D platformers ever made.

Never underestimate the power of denial

Post #: 43
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 16/4/2009 11:33:00 PM   
Jules

Just picked up Outrun for 800 points. Great game - loved it back on the xbox and was pleased to find out that the tracks on this one are different so figured I would buy it. Time attack mode in 4m 30s is never going to happen though.

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 44
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 16/4/2009 11:38:05 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jules

quote:

I forgot 1200 points was so expensive. That's just more than £10! I was temped by Banjo Kazooie but there's no way I am spending that much on it.

You should though - it's well worth it. Fantastic game. Around 20 hours of play to 100% it if you have not played it before and one of the greatest 3D platformers ever made.

Not when I still have my N64 and can pick it up from Ebay for about £5!   I just think that most of the games on arcade are way too expensive. Especially the old games. They should be slashed in price just so more people can experience them. Most of the games on there could do with being cut by about 100-200 points in price.

The whole Microsoft Points thing is a scam anyway. You buy points in bulk which you may not use right away yet microsoft get's all your money right away. The points also hide the true cost of games. Finnaly due to exchange rates etc we pay more usually compared to other countries. It would be nice to just pay for a game at a time.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 16/4/2009 11:51:10 PM >

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 45
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 12:19:25 AM   
James2183

quote:

Just picked up Outrun for 800 points. Great game - loved it back on the xbox and was pleased to find out that the tracks on this one are different so figured I would buy it. Time attack mode in 4m 30s is never going to happen though.

Quickest I have managed is 4:47. One guy got 4:36 when I played him online and that was practically a perfect run. Goodness knows how you can get it under 4:30

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 46
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 12:53:27 AM   
Jules

quote:

The whole Microsoft Points thing is a scam anyway. You buy points in bulk which you may not use right away yet microsoft get's all your money right away. The points also hide the true cost of games. Finnaly due to exchange rates etc we pay more usually compared to other countries. It would be nice to just pay for a game at a time.

The thing that has always pissed me off is that games cost multiples of 400 points but you can only buy them in multiples of 500. Microsoft really are a bunch of wankers.

Post #: 47
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 12:55:03 AM   
Jules

quote:

quote:

Quickest I have managed is 4:47. One guy got 4:36 when I played him online and that was practically a perfect run. Goodness knows how you can get it under 4:30

Yeah - get around the 4:50 mark each time easily enough and could shave off a bit with practice but getting it down to that - no way.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 48
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 7:18:27 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

Has anyone seen about the new Amazon XBLA store that's launched in the US?  Basically you pay for download codes for games in real terms (ie cash not points).  A week or so in and they've started discounts already - Doom is less than the cash equivalent of 400MSP and something else has been chopped down, but I forget what.  The service is expected to be rolled out world wide, although I'm not holding my breath...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 49
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 10:26:24 AM   
Kami89

Its been rumoured for a long time, but with the release of this yesterday it finally looks like its happening.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is coming to XBLA!!!!!!

< Message edited by Kami89 -- 17/4/2009 10:28:51 AM >

Post #: 50
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 11:20:50 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey
Has anyone seen about the new Amazon XBLA store that's launched in the US?  Basically you pay for download codes for games in real terms (ie cash not points).  A week or so in and they've started discounts already - Doom is less than the cash equivalent of 400MSP and something else has been chopped down, but I forget what.  The service is expected to be rolled out world wide, although I'm not holding my breath...

That does sound great. XBL Marketplace really needs to be more like an online store.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kami89
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is coming to XBLA!!!!!!

Another SF game...dare I? Well to be honest I don't have this version and I have heard it's hard to track down? However the game I REALLY want is STF3. Maybe they should just release a SF compliation?

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 17/4/2009 11:24:34 AM >

Post #: 51
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 11:32:24 AM   
iamthedave

Marvel vs Capcom 2 was my favourite incarnation. Definite purchase for me I think. 

"Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money."

Post #: 52
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 11:48:07 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

A question though... US only in what way? Only on US Amazon or are the codes only for US LIVE accounts? Because what's to stop me from going on Amazon US, buying a code and redeeming it? If it's US only codes then I could just redeem it on my US account and play it in my regular UK one.

That way I'd save money with the amazon discounted prices, I'd save money with the fact I don't have to pay more for points I won't use, and I save with exchange rates.

Hmmm me thinks I might give it a try.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 53
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 17/4/2009 11:52:37 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

A question though... US only in what way? Only on US Amazon or are the codes only for US LIVE accounts? Because what's to stop me from going on Amazon US, buying a code and redeeming it? If it's US only codes then I could just redeem it on my US account and play it in my regular UK one.

That way I'd save money with the amazon discounted prices, I'd save money with the fact I don't have to pay more for points I won't use, and I save with exchange rates.

Hmmm me thinks I might give it a try.

In answer to your question, the service is being provided Amazon US only at the moment - how tight the controls are after that, I don't know.  What you're suggesting sounds worth a go, though.  Give it a whirl and let us know.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 54
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 18/4/2009 7:49:44 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Just watched the video on inside xbox for the Wallace and Gromit arcade game coming out, looking forward to that one, finally something a little bit different!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 55
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 21/4/2009 11:44:12 AM   
velocityboy

Have you seen the release dates for spring? Here they are:

Lode Runner - April 22 (worldwide)
Banjo Tooie - April 29 (worldwide)
Virtual On - April 29.
OD Beat Drop - Spring/summer.
Space Invaders Extreme - Spring.
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Spring/summer
Yosumin LIVE - Spring
Project CUBE - Spring
Zero Day Attack on Earth - Spring
Bubble Bobble Neo - 2009
The King of Fighters 2002 - 2010
Nectaris Military Madness - TBA
The King of Fighters Sky Stage - TBA

"I'm always one step ahead...like a carpenter, who makes stairs "

My eyes are open.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 56
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 21/4/2009 2:01:11 PM   
Yeti

quote:

ORIGINAL: velocityboy

Have you seen the release dates for spring? Here they are:

Lode Runner - April 22 (worldwide)
Banjo Tooie - April 29 (worldwide)
Virtual On - April 29.
OD Beat Drop - Spring/summer.
Space Invaders Extreme - Spring.
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Spring/summer
Yosumin LIVE - Spring
Project CUBE - Spring
Zero Day Attack on Earth - Spring
Bubble Bobble Neo - 2009
The King of Fighters 2002 - 2010
Nectaris Military Madness - TBA
The King of Fighters Sky Stage - TBA

Plus Marvel VS Capcom2?

Fuck off. Lies. LIES!

Otherwise, I shall just sit in the corner and await. That's some mighty un-jadening-gaming right there. I... am happy.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to velocityboy)
Post #: 57
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 23/4/2009 6:00:44 PM   
the anomaly

What is going on with Lode Runner? After seeing the good reviews I checked it out yesterday. I quite enjoyed the demo. It was nice to see it for a half decent price at 800 ms points.

I just spotted some news that it was originally released at 1200 points...then went to 800 points...and now may be back to 1200 points!

I have to say I enjoyed it but I can't see myself getting it for 1200 points. It's annoying but that just seems to be the standard price of any new game now. Pretty stupid that you can not even buy two decent games with a 2100 point card.

EDIT: Fuck it. It's back to 1200 points. I can't justify buying this for 400 more points when I could have bought it on release for 800 points. I should have just bought it right away.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 23/4/2009 6:45:58 PM >

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 58
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 28/4/2009 10:58:40 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

The other main updates come in the graphics department. The same original assets have been used, though now you get to see them in an upscaled and widescreen look. Because the fighters are all 2D sprites, they'll wind up looking a bit pixilated when scaled up to run on an HD television. You can stick with this original look or choose from two other upscaling filters to smooth out the edges.

One nifty bit of trivia that we learned is that the original 3D backgrounds for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 were created at a higher resolution than the arcades or home consoles could handle at the time. Those assets were saved, which means this new version of the game will have the best looking backgrounds yet seen in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

No longer just a rumor! It has been confirmed for 1,200 points this summer. Online play has also been confirmed. I am buying for sure! Though I have only played it briefly at the arcades so it will take me awhile to get used to all these insane combos and the like.

P.S: Banjo Tooie and Virtual ON are being released this week...tomorrow.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 29/4/2009 8:26:57 PM >

Post #: 59
RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread - 4/5/2009 3:48:35 PM   
MBeard

Anyone bought Banjo Tooie yet?

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: X-Box Live Arcade Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI