Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Let The Right One In Trailer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Let The Right One In Trailer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Let The Right One In Trailer - 11/3/2009 2:14:47 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 11/3/2009 2:14:47 PM   
muchobenny

I love it how they try and hide the fact that it's a foreign film by having no speech in the trailer. Looks special, though.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Brilliant film... - 11/3/2009 2:22:43 PM   
goregoregirl

Saw this last November in New York, so glad it's finally getting a UK release. Can't sing it's praises highly enough. Go see it!

Post #: 3
What's Exclusive? - 11/3/2009 2:46:46 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I've already got the film on R1 DVD and that's an old trailer. You fucking dolts.

Post #: 4
Yeah, it's awesome - 11/3/2009 2:49:01 PM   
sowasred2012

That trailer kinda tries to sell it as something else though, something more horror/thriller-esque, which I don't think is right - the film I'd say it was most similar to is Twilight (which this is way better than, despite Twilight being actually pretty good), couldn't they skew the marketing campaign closer to that audience?

Post #: 5
- 11/3/2009 3:11:29 PM   
McQueen

This movie is VERY special. A shot through the heart (and you're to blame) for modern horror. Add this movie to REC and I think we may have a (foreign) horror renaissance. Avoid the inevitable remake like the plague.

Post #: 6
Major disappointment :( - 11/3/2009 3:37:03 PM   
losthighway

As a huge fan of the book, the film version was a major letdown, it gutted the original source material to such an extent that some of the most important elements are totally missed or never investigated. It looks fantastic, has excellent performances from the two young leads but, despite having a screenplay by the author, they've managed to make a diluted version of the book with it not even feeling like a greatest hits of the book! I await the US remake with interest because there is still a great adaptation of it to be made, it's just a damn shame that this isn't it! Also, it seems to be getting rather a lot of hype, and I think many will come away wondering why, as it skips from scene to scene with very little narrative flow. If you do like the film, please read the book and see what should have made it in there. Plus, I noticed yesterday that the author's 'Handling The Undead' is now available in the UK.

< Message edited by losthighway -- 11/3/2009 3:55:25 PM >

Post #: 7
This film rocked! - 11/3/2009 3:53:47 PM   
Seamie

I loved this too much. It is my favourite of the year so far. Excellent!

Post #: 8
Disappointing - 11/3/2009 3:59:58 PM   
Ethanial

Went in with low expectations, but knowing many claim it to be a cracking gem, but I came out feeling it was interesting, but lacked anything of substance. Light fluff for the most part, and I couldn't help but think of those horrible Twilight trailers they kept playing in cinemas in November, exactly the same idea, and there's a good reason I missed the American version. Though the actual American remake should be somewhat interesting.

Still, it's not a horror film, it's a comedy drama, that's light on substance, and horribly overrated, I've seen far better films in the last few months, The Wrestler, Role Models, Watchmen, Synecdoche, hell, Punisher beats this up easily.

Post #: 9
Bit late huh? - 11/3/2009 4:47:04 PM   
boostergold

Like snake-eyes says the R1 dvd is out and so is the region free blu-ray which makes more sense to get rather than waiting another month for the cinema. Likewise Taken was out in the UK in Oct. at the flicks and Jan on disc, yet in an unknown reversal only just came out in the US at the cinema 2 weeks ago. Therein lies the problem with cinema and disc. Steven Soderbergh said a couple of years back that all the hype is given to the theatrical release and minimal given to home video and why should the public remember 6 months down the line when the obvious thing to do would be release at the same time or a couple of weeks after on disc WORLWIDE. A guy i knew said copies of Dark Knight were sat in boxes for 10 weeks at the HMV where he works before release. .....

Post #: 10
Book & Remake? - 11/3/2009 5:30:45 PM   
bartycrouch

Ah sweeeeet, i loved the book and that trailer very much makes me want to see this. I am hopeless at watching (supposedly) scary films, however, when one truly makes me shiver (The Orphanage) i do love them.

McQueen, there is a remake ALREADY!?!?!
FFS

Post #: 11
RE: Bit late huh? - 11/3/2009 5:31:35 PM   
matthewforan

Looking forward to this saw the trailer before Watchmen and it looks fantastic, will be seeing it for sure.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to boostergold)
Post #: 12
RE: Bit late huh? - 11/3/2009 7:05:41 PM   
Fincher

Saw this in Denmark a couple of months ago. Loved it! A very very very very good horror film. Actually it is on my top 5 of all time horror films.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 13
- 11/3/2009 7:41:23 PM   
D.J

I shall look forward to this, it looks fantastic.

Post #: 14
language? - 11/3/2009 8:41:34 PM   
princess_movie

is the film going to be in swedish or english?

Post #: 15
weirdly enough.. - 11/3/2009 8:57:38 PM   
Tex Hex

I downloaded this film last november and burnst it on to dvd :S....it is brilliant though, I recommend to everybody!

Post #: 16
- 11/3/2009 9:03:05 PM   
edbh

I still can't get over the fact that this movie is pretty much perfect.

Post #: 17
RE: language? - 11/3/2009 9:22:14 PM   
lost4eva

Swedish

(in reply to princess_movie)
Post #: 18
i saw this - 12/3/2009 12:32:30 AM   
SteadyEddie

this film is well worth the watch it's nothing fantastic but it will definetly keep you entertained it's a rather nice story i think they should have left the subtitles cause the accent or foreigness if i may added a certain eerieness to it

Post #: 19
Trailers rarely convey the true nature of the movie... - 12/3/2009 11:47:39 AM   
ashverjee

It really bugs me that movie trailers seem to cater towards whoever the studios think the biggest demographic of potential viewers will be. I guess that's the business. But having seen LTROI, it is all those things the text in the trailer claims it is, a modern masterpiece, sublime, beautiful, heartachingly poetic etc. So why does the trailer make it out to be some kind of straight-forward, vacuous, art-house horror flick?? Pitched right, pitched as a true representation of what LTROI is REALLY like, the trailer might have attracted a larger audience. This is a truly magnificant, and genre-bending, film!

Post #: 20
Trailers rarely convey the true nature of the movie... - 12/3/2009 12:12:11 PM   
ashverjee

It really bugs me that movie trailers seem to cater towards whoever the studios think the biggest demographic of potential viewers will be. I guess that's the business. But having seen LTROI, it is all those things the text in the trailer claims it is, a modern masterpiece, sublime, beautiful, heartachingly poetic etc. So why does the trailer make it out to be some kind of straight-forward, vacuous, art-house horror flick?? Pitched right, pitched as a true representation of what LTROI is REALLY like, the trailer might have attracted a larger audience. This is a truly magnificant, and genre-bending, film!

Post #: 21
Good book as well, looks like faithful adap - 14/3/2009 10:18:58 AM   
jaydigriz

Half way through the book now and well worth it. From the snippets on the trailers etc it looks like they're doing a good job adapting, though I agree with the comment re them focusing on the shock angle in the trailers. but it will be thoughtful as well! looking forward to it.

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Let The Right One In Trailer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI