Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Let The Right One In

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Let The Right One In Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Let The Right One In - 19/7/2010 1:37:22 AM   
kmotionfilms

Probably the only 'vampire film' I really enjoyed.

K'motion Films

www.kmotionfilms,com

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 151
More of a Swedish Drama than horror. - 28/7/2010 9:39:14 PM   
zedphelan

A Swedish film set in the early 80's of a young boy who is being bullied at school. He befriends a young girl of the same age and before you know it they have fallen in love. But little did he know this young girl was in fact a vampire...

This film did seem a little sedate for a horror/thriller but even so extremely intriguing. This was definitely more of a drama than a horror as the story concentrates more on the childhood relationship between these two characters rather than the random murders.

Another low budget film where you could tell this in certain scenes but the grittiness of the lack of budget made this film more effective.

If you like your slightly odd foreign films I would most definitely recommend you see this.

Post #: 152
RE: More of a Swedish Drama than horror. - 13/9/2010 11:22:56 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Bit late to the party with this one, only sorry it took me so long to get round to watching it! Brilliant stuff. See the remake is getting great reviews aswell but honestly I can't see how it would top this. Top stuff!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to zedphelan)
Post #: 153
what a lovely movie - 30/10/2010 10:50:27 PM   
tysmuse

Really nice movie. The two child actors are superb! For once I agree with Dr Kermode's assessment of this film "it's a movie about children that just happens to have vampires in it".

I am also looking forward to the remake, which is apparently "a vampire movie that just happens to have kids in it'

Post #: 154
RE: what a lovely movie - 27/4/2011 3:19:13 PM   
jonson

A bit late here I know but only just got round to watching this.
I reda the book 3 or 4 years ago and loved it, but was thrilled to hear a Swedish version of the book was being made. It didn't dissapoint.
One of the best films I've seen this year already, the 2 kids played their roles perfectly, Hakan was suitably creepy and weird (and almost comic in his murder attempts) despite him having his role butchered for the film (compared to the book)
At the end I almost felt like I'd been watching a love story with a happy ending, which in a way it probably is.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to tysmuse)
Post #: 155
RE: Let The Right One In - 19/9/2011 1:22:41 PM   
DarbyDaresYou

I thought this film was rather enjoyable, I expected it to be more scary as it is supposed to be a horror, but I wasn't disappointed. The subplot of love makes for good watching, I will most definitely be watching this again :)

(in reply to kmotionfilms)
Post #: 156
boring - 27/10/2011 12:19:04 PM   
vinnyjones

most over rated film ever, i i only watched about 3 quarters of it i was so bored!

Post #: 157
Let the Right One In Review - 14/12/2011 9:30:36 PM   
the film man

Let the Right One In reinvigorates the seemingly tired vampire genre by effectively mixing scares with intelligent storytelling.

Post #: 158
RE: boring - 15/1/2012 2:45:53 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinnyjones

most over rated film ever, i i only watched about 3 quarters of it i was so bored!

WTF?

Its a great film.

(in reply to vinnyjones)
Post #: 159
Whisper tales of gore... - 8/5/2012 5:00:34 AM   
YouWillBeUnprepared

Despite the film's extremely slow pace, it did live up to some expectaton. But, yet again, we've lost the definition of 'vampire'. There's only one killing in it, and it's quite hard to tell what she's doing. It's also quite misleading as to what kind of movie it is or who it's trying to entertain. Is it about a kid being bullied, or a vampire romance? This film simply argues that you somehow can have both, and enjoy the untidy combination. There's also some bizarre things chucked into the pot, i.e, the vampire/human lady who gets cat's all over her. There's also zero story line, only story telling, which makes it harder to digest. It also lacks suspense, but has been blessed for the opportunity for a david fincher remake for the american versoin (because of it's pace and it's gritty feel) but was lost to Matt Reeves.

Post #: 160
Whisper tales of gore... - 8/5/2012 5:00:37 AM   
YouWillBeUnprepared

Despite the film's extremely slow pace, it did live up to some expectaton. But, yet again, we've lost the definition of 'vampire'. There's only one killing in it, and it's quite hard to tell what she's doing. It's also quite misleading as to what kind of movie it is or who it's trying to entertain. Is it about a kid being bullied, or a vampire romance? This film simply argues that you somehow can have both, and enjoy the untidy combination. There's also some bizarre things chucked into the pot, i.e, the vampire/human lady who gets cat's all over her. There's also zero story line, only story telling, which makes it harder to digest. It also lacks suspense, but has been blessed for the opportunity for a david fincher remake for the american versoin (because of it's pace and it's gritty feel) but was lost to Matt Reeves.

Post #: 161
Let The Right One In - 1/6/2012 5:36:59 AM   
norgizfox

Let The Right One In is a haunting, yet touching film that not only makes vampires scary again, but also leaves you thinking about your own life. And any film that does that is definitely a film worth watching.

Post #: 162
. - 11/12/2013 11:17:02 AM   
aida asgari

So far.. yet so close. So strange... yet so familiar. One of the movies that I will definitely not recommend to anyone unless I know them.

< Message edited by aida asgari -- 11/12/2013 11:20:13 AM >

Post #: 163
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Let The Right One In Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI