Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Whoa....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Whoa.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whoa.... - 6/3/2009 1:48:13 PM   
rwillis122

I got serious goosebumps watching that. I definately think the music helps, but I have to say that this has to be( trailer man voice:-) "the most anticipated movie of the year". More so than Watchmen( that I'm seeing tonight!). It looks amazing( that imploding planet looks like an anti-genesis device plot point???!!) and I'm glad they seem to be taking the story down a more serious path. Plus, anything with Bruce Greenwood in it gives it a bit of extra class

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Captain Who???!!!! - 6/3/2009 1:56:48 PM   
rwillis122

....oh and sorry, just one more thing ............Does anyone else think Captain Christopher Pike is a bit of a lame name?
Cue intterogation scene:-
"Don't tell him your name Pike!!!!!"
Maybe JJ is a fan of Dad's Army.

Post #: 32
Loved It - 6/3/2009 2:02:38 PM   
dholleyuk

I must say that with every new picture / trailer / comment I just want to buy my ticket more. I will be interested as a trekker to see how they handle the Pike story - but I have faith so a big plea to Empire I want more TREK FROM NOW TILL MAY - I mean Terminator 25 year edition was good but Star Trek you could have a 43 year edition how cool would that be! I cant think of anythink that could beat that - appart from Doctor Who but that will never happen

Post #: 33
RE: Loved It - 6/3/2009 2:16:13 PM   
Beno

Been a Trekkie all my life , i was born in 63 so i have grown up with it . Im officially a wise old geek whos lovin the way this looks . My only little gripe is Greenwood as Pike , id have liked Billy Crudrup in that role .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to dholleyuk)
Post #: 34
YEEEEEES! - 6/3/2009 2:35:07 PM   
TheHazman

That looks f'ing wicked! i actually got goosebumps. Im not even abig fan of star trek but that was one of the best trailers i've seen in a long time. Bring it on!

Post #: 35
WOW! - 6/3/2009 3:33:00 PM   
jakey_jedi

Watched this trailer loadsa times and and its freakin ace. Music is great.
Welcome back star trek!
The bad guy is from TNG era in the 24th century and travels back through time to do some damage to kirk, Thats why he said he was a great man in another life.. Cant wait for this film

Post #: 36
Star Trek begins... - 6/3/2009 4:11:18 PM   
thepluginbaby

Isn't the music all a little bit dark knight with added choirs? But hey, I'll be there on opening night!

Post #: 37
OH WOW! AMAAAAAAZING!!! WANT IT NOW!!! - 6/3/2009 4:18:52 PM   
pete_traynor

Just fantastic looking! And that money shot at the end with the approach to the exploding ship! Oh man, that is to die for!!! Good work JJ, sure the film will more than live up to this.

Post #: 38
Deconstruction - 6/3/2009 6:03:21 PM   
Ithica

How about a scene by scene analysis of the trailer? It would be nice...

Post #: 39
- 6/3/2009 6:19:27 PM   
Bubba76

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!

Post #: 40
RE: - 6/3/2009 6:46:34 PM   
Scruffybobby

Looking really good. Didn't really think there was a standout moment in there though (other than Kirk taking the Captain's chair) which may actually be a good thing. Makes me think the best bits are being held back from the trailer. Still lots of cool action (Sulu looks Badass) and a couple of interesting little bits (Spock and Uhura's embrace) Roll on May.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Bubba76)
Post #: 41
Cooooooooooooool! - 6/3/2009 7:14:27 PM   
giddig

Have always had a soft spot for trek and this keeps looking better and better! Can't wait!

Post #: 42
RE: Captain Who???!!!! - 6/3/2009 7:50:37 PM   
lost4eva

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwillis122

....oh and sorry, just one more thing ............Does anyone else think Captain Christopher Pike is a bit of a lame name?
Cue intterogation scene:-
"Don't tell him your name Pike!!!!!"
Maybe JJ is a fan of Dad's Army.

In the pilot episode, "The Cage", made in 1963 but not broadcast till 1988, Christopher Pike was the captain of the Enterprise. The character also appeared in the first season two-parter "The Menagerie" which featured scenes from the pilot.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Christopher_Pike

(in reply to rwillis122)
Post #: 43
OH MY.. - 6/3/2009 7:53:25 PM   
tunnicliffe2548

Whoa! ! and I,m a star wars fan with little time for Trek. Awesome trailer. One of the best I,ve seen for a long time! Hope the film is as good!

Post #: 44
RE: Parallel World to the Original? - 6/3/2009 9:41:27 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: christofurr

Actually, he said "James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another LIFE" so I think he's just refering to his daddykins.
But if I'm wrong that'd be a great way to shut up all the hardcore trekkies who see Shatner as the one and only kirk; 'it's ok guys, its in a parallel world! You know, like in Enterprise when Archer was a baddie, and the vulcan girl had long hair and an incredibly sexy uniform?' simples!

I really can NOT wait until August now *does a little excited dance*

It could be an alternative reality because the line is spoken by the original Spock's actor. However anyone notice the Star Trek Generation reference. Kirk father was the captain for 11 minutes and saved ** lives. 'I dare you to do better.' Kirk was captain of Enterprise C for several minutes and saved everyone onboard but Kirk was presumed to be dead. So it might not be set in an alternative reality.

(in reply to christofurr)
Post #: 45
RE: Star Trek Trailer - 6/3/2009 10:59:54 PM   
dh_19

Quality trailer. I thought Nero looked shit when i first saw him but the lines he delivers here are awesome, particularly the venom in his voice as he screams "fire everything". Also, i'm glad they've branched out and finally included alien looking creatures rather than relying soley on humans painted every colour of the rainbow.

"I took a risk" - Larry David

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 46
Holy Sweet Mother of the Divine... - 7/3/2009 11:30:26 AM   
tady

I've just had to watch this again and again and again all morning. I had faith in JJ Abrahms as a director and hoped to God he was going to do the franchise some justice, but this is just stunning... And it's just the trailer!!!!!

71 days to my wedding. But 62 to this!!!!! Or 89,310 minutes!!!

Post #: 47
RE: Star Trek Trailer - 7/3/2009 1:16:31 PM   
darkreign1980

Doesnt all of the "James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another LIFE" relate to the prequel comments and the fact that Nero has come back in time to stop certain events in the Federation timeline happening??

I was under the impression that this also links to the inclusion of certain Next Gen people (Captain Data maybe?) and an "event" that has happened in the Romulan Star Empire forcing Nero to come back and be the hero/anti-hero shaping how the Federation interacts etc etc.

Anyhoo Im excited enough after seeing all the trailers and hope that this is JJ back on top form.......maybe if not they can just tack Riker watching it in a Holosuite for shits and giggles!

quote:

ORIGINAL: dh_19

Quality trailer. I thought Nero looked shit when i first saw him but the lines he delivers here are awesome, particularly the venom in his voice as he screams "fire everything". Also, i'm glad they've branched out and finally included alien looking creatures rather than relying soley on humans painted every colour of the rainbow.

(in reply to dh_19)
Post #: 48
Looks Good! - 7/3/2009 2:16:21 PM   
IKEOBI

I've never been a Star Trek fan but this seems to have convince me to give it another try. It looks like there are some genuine performances in this.

Post #: 49
RE: Looks Good! - 7/3/2009 5:35:18 PM   
UTB

I'm no Trekkie, I liked the original series, but that trailer was quite good! Better than previous ones, but I think that's down to the music.

Should be good fun!

(in reply to IKEOBI)
Post #: 50
RE: Looks Good! - 7/3/2009 5:50:00 PM   
Agent69

Brilliant trailer. Can't wait for the movie.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 51
- 7/3/2009 9:14:12 PM   
sportyrich2000

I think I just peed a little!

Post #: 52
cheesy - 7/3/2009 10:00:52 PM   
brian21

it was good up until kirk said he'd take over the ship and sat in the captain's chair. Utter cheese.

Post #: 53
RE: cheesy - 8/3/2009 2:11:35 AM   
i stole your car

I saw this today and I gotta say, up until this point I have actively avoided anything star trek related. I have vague memories of seeing a star trek film with Malcolm McDowell that was relatively passable as entertainment but other than that the general tripe that I see on TV makes me feel physically ill to think about... Not to mention the whole buzz about this movie up to this point seemed a little laughable to me, I guess the same way I would have laughed the first time they said they were making a comic book super hero movie.

But my mind is changed. This looks pretty damn good.

(in reply to brian21)
Post #: 54
RE: WHOAH! - 8/3/2009 3:20:51 AM   
C M Newcombe

Paramount PR: Hey kid, you gonna see Star Trek this summer?
Kid: Meh, was thinking about it
Paramount PR: It's gonna be fucking epic you know that? EPIC.
Kid: Oh yeah?
Paramount PR: Did you not hear the music?
Kid: Sure
Paramount PR: Did you not see the slow-motion, silent fading shots of people happy and/or in distress?
Paramount PR: Or the music?
Kid: Uh...
Paramount PR: Epic baby. EPIC.

So yeah. Great trailer in that respect. I like the look of the new Kirk and bad guy. Not so sure about the supporting cast, and where was Spock? Good to see some jungle juice has been injected into this old horse however.

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 55
RE: WHOAH! - 8/3/2009 10:36:00 AM   
i stole your car

quote:

ORIGINAL: C M Newcombe
So yeah. Great trailer in that respect. I like the look of the new Kirk and bad guy. Not so sure about the supporting cast, and where was Spock? Good to see some jungle juice has been injected into this old horse however.

Sylar is not the bad guy now...

(in reply to C M Newcombe)
Post #: 56
- 8/3/2009 12:04:28 PM   
vivlitherland

im not trekkie but boy am i looking forward to this..

Post #: 57
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH - 8/3/2009 12:32:03 PM   
VictoC

Can't wait

Post #: 58
RE: OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH - 8/3/2009 4:59:29 PM   
Scruffybobby

Just got back from seeing Watchmen. There was a slighty different version of this shown before it. There's a brief exchange between Kirk and Uhura which replaces the shot of Spock and Uhura's embrace and a couple either side of it (If I remember right) and the font used at the end is different) anyone else see anuthing different or am I the only one sad enough?

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to VictoC)
Post #: 59
Looks Ok - 9/3/2009 5:22:31 AM   
Halo14

Yeah, looks ok. I will watch this new Star Trek, but only to pass the time till the real shit comes.... Terminator Salvation looks fucken HOT!!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Whoa.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI