Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

VERY DODGY CGI!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> VERY DODGY CGI!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VERY DODGY CGI!!!! - 5/3/2009 6:19:05 PM   
Hughezy

see the shot of Depp jumping over a wall or a barrier? that's one of the worst CGI head replacement shots i've ever seen.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 5/3/2009 6:58:49 PM   
Knight of Fury

yeah, this looks pretty cool. was it dillinger who said 'at least i don't rob banks by being the chairman' or some such?

Post #: 32
RE: What a trailer - 6/3/2009 12:21:53 AM   
hatebox

quote:

ORIGINAL: chrysalisloall

A really good trailer I thought, good music, beautiful shots of both action and charcters (and what a voice by Billy Crudup !). Only slight downside, and I can't believe I'm saying this, is Depp. He looks incredibly bored in some shots, notably the opener talking to her about what he does. Later on, he gets better, but at times in the beginning he looks entirely uninterested. he livens up when interacting with the press a bit and when he gets the bug for fame. I reckon he is playing it as if he's bored, not because he is bored, but it seems a bit odd to use that footage at the start to set such a negative impression. I am nitpicking though

Also, another point, why do people like Christian Bale? He has one deep gravelly voice that never fits anywhere, especially not here, sounded ridiculous after Crudup, who sounded so 1930s I was instantly transported back there.

there's basically nothing to judge Bale on in this trailer. At least, not enough for an informed opinion.

(in reply to chrysalisloall)
Post #: 33
RE: What a trailer - 6/3/2009 8:23:37 AM   
chrysalisloall

quote:

ORIGINAL: hatebox

quote:

ORIGINAL: chrysalisloall

A really good trailer I thought, good music, beautiful shots of both action and charcters (and what a voice by Billy Crudup !). Only slight downside, and I can't believe I'm saying this, is Depp. He looks incredibly bored in some shots, notably the opener talking to her about what he does. Later on, he gets better, but at times in the beginning he looks entirely uninterested. he livens up when interacting with the press a bit and when he gets the bug for fame. I reckon he is playing it as if he's bored, not because he is bored, but it seems a bit odd to use that footage at the start to set such a negative impression. I am nitpicking though

Also, another point, why do people like Christian Bale? He has one deep gravelly voice that never fits anywhere, especially not here, sounded ridiculous after Crudup, who sounded so 1930s I was instantly transported back there.

there's basically nothing to judge Bale on in this trailer. At least, not enough for an informed opinion.

I'm not talking about Bale in this trailer, but as an actor in general. I personally think he sucks as Bruce Wayne/Batman, but so many people love him.

http://chrysalisloall.wordpress.com/

(in reply to hatebox)
Post #: 34
- 6/3/2009 10:23:14 AM   
olihiggy

pant wettingly excellent

Post #: 35
Spoiler..??? - 7/3/2009 11:39:50 PM   
leelee_uk

This film is based on the book of the same name..which I have read..which are based on true facts so how can there be a spoiler when the characters fates have all been recorded in great detail.. I hope the film lives up to the book!

Post #: 36
WOW what a trailer - 8/3/2009 10:25:30 AM   
coolkirstie

that looks amazing Depp is one of my favourite actors in the world and this just show how much of a good actor he is. im also quite impressed by Marion asweel. overall the whole trailer looks good im just wondering what rating this film will be??

Post #: 37
WOW what a trailer - 8/3/2009 10:25:55 AM   
coolkirstie

that looks amazing Depp is one of my favourite actors in the world and this just show how much of a good actor he is. im also quite impressed by Marion asweel. overall the whole trailer looks good im just wondering what rating this film will be??

Post #: 38
- 9/3/2009 1:30:12 PM   
nclowe

Before watching this trailer I knew nothing about John Dillinger. Now I kinda feel like I've seen most of the film.

Post #: 39
Couldn't agree more - 9/3/2009 2:43:15 PM   
chris wootton

What is it with showing the whole film in the trailer? It's really annoying!! Anyway, it looks shit. I didn't actually make to the end of the trailer...

Post #: 40
Dillinger - 9/3/2009 4:07:00 PM   
Blue Ryan

Having seen dillinger and liked it, it is brilliant to see a bank robbery film directed by Michael Mann and starring two of hollywood's greates actors. Please don't be a dissapointment. It's shot beautifully though.

Post #: 41
RE: Dillinger - 9/3/2009 7:02:05 PM   
Mycroft

Why's Mann still going for the video look? It worked for Miami Vice but here it just looks amateurish. Agree about Bale, his voice is always dull

(in reply to Blue Ryan)
Post #: 42
RE: Dillinger - 10/3/2009 3:22:19 PM   
shool

Count me in. This is my sort of movie. Love Depp. Love Bale and Love Michael Mann films.

Colour me excited.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 43
WOW wee - 10/3/2009 4:27:00 PM   
S.E.R.P.I.C.O

Micheal Mann back 2 his best after dismal miami Vice,
HEAT 2 MAYBE?

Post #: 44
- 11/3/2009 1:17:09 AM   
lona_no_friends

Looks pretty damned good, but where was all the Christian Bale? I love how any film with Johnny Depp in it will focus primarily on the fact that Johnny Depp is in it. It may as well have read 'Starring JOHNNY BLOODY DEPP!!!... and a bunch of other people...'

Post #: 45
dillinger.. - 11/3/2009 4:05:30 PM   
MathewRed

looks promising but perhaps it showed a little too much of the film?

Post #: 46
Good... - 12/3/2009 6:25:26 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Now THIS, this is Christian Bale in a Film that looks (and more than likely will be), pretty damn good. BTW, lona_no_friends, I do agree with you that the trailer was a bit thin on the Bale footage but let's face it, Depp would steal the show even if he only had a five minute cameo in this movie. Looking forward to this - Mann is the MAN!

Post #: 47
#1 Public enemy - 17/3/2009 11:50:34 AM   
mrsdepp09

what an amazing looking film!
ive read the book and it is a fantastic story full of everything.
the trailer was amazing and has only hyped me up more. Depp looks amazing and so does Bale. (even though im not a bale fan i think he is going to give a super performace)
alot of your reviews are complaing about Bale not having a big part in the trailer im not being biest but you have to remember that the main character Dillenger is played my Depp so its going to have a lot of him in the trailer. anyway the less is shown the more i wanna see the movie!
cant wait for it to be released and if the trailer is anything to go by the movie is going to be oscar winning!

Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> VERY DODGY CGI!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI