Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Generation Kill: Exclusive Clip

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Generation Kill: Exclusive Clip Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generation Kill: Exclusive Clip - 3/3/2009 7:20:44 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
World Exclusive? - 3/3/2009 7:20:44 PM   
Steve Irwin

Hardly, the whole show has already been televised in the US.

Oh and The Wire is the greatest THING ever.

Generation Kill ain't too shabby either.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
The Wire is good, but.... - 3/3/2009 8:43:20 PM   
fang

sorry, I gotta stop you all right there before this gets way out of hand....the reimagining of 'Battlestar Galactica' is the greatest TV show ever - period.

('Generation Kill' is awesome though)

Post #: 3
IT'S FASHIONABLE TO CALL "THE WIRE" THE BEST,... - 3/3/2009 11:01:46 PM   
boredbluekoala

I suspect that is just so you guys can feel a little bit superior,safe in the knowledge that very few people have seen it. Of course I myself have run into a similar problems when I drone on about "FIREFLY" (don't upset the Browncoats, they got no sense of humour regarding premature cancellations!) For me, I'll say The West Wing was my best show ever.

Post #: 4
RE: World Exclusive? - 4/3/2009 11:53:56 AM   
christofurr

It's also been televised over here, on FX for ages now. I wasn't impressed to be honest. "I'ma gunna shoot me some rag-heads hyuk hyuk" ...that's nice Brian McYankee, here's a gun, run along now... there's a good boy *pats head*

I'm sure i would have been more interested if Over There hadn't just been on only half a year ago.

Post #: 5
RE: The Wire is good, but.... - 4/3/2009 3:38:08 PM   
scruffylooking

BSG? The greatest show EVER? Its obvious the writers had no idea where they were heading with the show - retconning FIVE major characters for example. Even Ron D. Moore admitted they 'worked out' Ellen Tigh was a cylon half way through season 2. I watch BSG but only because I want to see how its ends having stuck with it for four seasons but it looks more like a soap opera with each episode this season.

Compare that to The Wire - absolutely meticulous in its attention to detail and carefully crafted by people who genuinely know their subject matter. Its grown-up TV for grown-ups, does not treat the audience with contempt and is rightly hailed as the most phenomenal achievement in the history of the medium.

Post #: 6
RE: The Wire is good, but.... - 4/3/2009 10:06:36 PM   
Evil_Bob

I watched the first two seasons of the Wire and thought it was fucking boring.
I watched the first episode of Generation Kill and thought it was fucking boring.

Meticulous attention to detail is all well and good but when its fucking boring then what is the point in having meticulous attention to detail?

How dare you call me inhumane. Right you fucker. I'm going to do the washing up.

(in reply to scruffylooking)
Post #: 7
- 4/3/2009 10:39:18 PM   
silver_screen_guy

The Wire is the greatest thing ever. Fact. Arrested Development is the second greatest thing ever. Then Firefly, then Buffy. I've only seen two seasons of BSG so i have yet to see them fuck themselves over, but I can't really see how anything starring the legend that is Gaius Baltar can ever be bad.

Post #: 8
RE: - 4/3/2009 11:15:39 PM   
prodigylover

i dunno i would say that firefly is a fairly bitching show and could be the greatest alongside arrested development!!but yes the wire is very immaculate!!and is up there!!but i dunno as far as characters go!!firefly and arrested all the way!!this new show here looks quite like "over there"

(in reply to silver_screen_guy)
Post #: 9
RE: The Wire is good, but.... - 5/3/2009 2:49:57 PM   
Bickle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evil_Bob

I watched the first two seasons of the Wire and thought it was fucking boring.
I watched the first episode of Generation Kill and thought it was fucking boring.

Meticulous attention to detail is all well and good but when its fucking boring then what is the point in having meticulous attention to detail?

I feel sorry for you.

(in reply to Evil_Bob)
Post #: 10
RE: The Wire is good, but....Soptanos is better - 5/3/2009 3:18:44 PM   
Workshed

You're all wrong. Sopranos is the best

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Bickle)
Post #: 11
SOPRANOS - 8/3/2009 4:50:23 PM   
batmancian

Sopranos is the best series going without a doubt

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Generation Kill: Exclusive Clip Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI