Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Edward Zwick On Heart Of The Sea

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Edward Zwick On Heart Of The Sea Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Edward Zwick On Heart Of The Sea - 3/3/2009 9:12:04 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 3/3/2009 9:12:04 AM   
Timon

This sounds great. Big fan of Zwick and I'm sure the story will focus more on the survivor's story than a 'killer whale'.

That'll be more Bekmambetov's film... which just sounds like Jaws with a whale.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
READ THE BOOK!!! - 3/3/2009 3:21:51 PM   
Dan Howe

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heart-Sea-Epic-Story-Inspired/dp/0006531202/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236093393&sr=1-1

I'm very excited by this! The book is absolutely captivating and vividly written. The story really only begins with the destruction of the whaling ship by the sperm whale. What then follows is the main thrust of the story as the whalemen then put to sea in three little boats to try and make it thousands of miles across the Pacific to the safety of the Chilean coast. Cue madness and cannibalism!

Post #: 3
Orca the killer whale! - 3/3/2009 4:17:20 PM   
Giles83

Im looking forward to this but I hope it does not end up in the same bracket as that travesty 'Orca' with Richard Harris. It 's so so bad! Fair enough it is unintentionally funny in parts but for the most its appalling! Fingers crossed this is closer to Moby Dick (1956) and Jaws!

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Edward Zwick On Heart Of The Sea Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI