Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

I believe in McG

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> I believe in McG Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I believe in McG - 3/3/2009 11:15:25 PM   
thepluginbaby

It was a pretty good trailer. I think the whole terminator/human thing is very intruiging. Its like he's supposed to kill humans but he's more like Arnie from T2. Seems to take themes from the trilogy and develop them. Looks great. I was a bit sceptical after the last trailer, which looked a bit too much like transformers.

And terminators wanting humans for skin? Thats terrifying! ! !

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
Shame this is going to get the Battlestar Galactica com... - 4/3/2009 12:15:34 AM   
keatsmeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

It was a pretty good trailer. I think the whole terminator/human thing is very intruiging. Its like he's supposed to kill humans but he's more like Arnie from T2. Seems to take themes from the trilogy and develop them. Looks great. I was a bit sceptical after the last trailer, which looked a bit too much like transformers.

Kinda. What's slightly more scary is that Games Workshop have been selling the human-skin wearing genocidal robots concept to little kiddies for years...

GW had the licence for the table-top wargame version of Lord of the Rings, can you just see cash-ins on this?

[image]http://www.mrocznyraj.pl/sklep/images/produkty/wh40k-Necron-Flayed-Ones.jpg[/image]
I like the direction this is heading in, and what I've seen so far looks to be a natural progression from where the series had been heading at the end of T2 (treating T3 as the action interlude).

Given the previous incarnations of this concept (Battlestar and anyother AI type scenarios) it's pretty predictable to have Marcus choose to ally himself to the humans. Might be interesting to have him disassociate himself with Skynet's genocidal tendencies, yet still have the deep-running imperative to harm and kill, perhaps choosing to become a sadistic Jigsaw-Terminator.....

< Message edited by keatsmeister -- 4/3/2009 12:26:37 AM >

Post #: 62
RE: New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online - 4/3/2009 12:43:10 AM   
C M Newcombe

I have to say I didn't find that particularly exciting. Still, hope the movie's good.

< Message edited by C M Newcombe -- 4/3/2009 3:00:28 AM >

Post #: 63
RE: Shame this is going to get the Battlestar Galactica... - 4/3/2009 9:15:54 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: keatsmeister

quote:

Kinda. What's slightly more scary is that Games Workshop have been selling the human-skin wearing genocidal robots concept to little kiddies for years...

GW had the licence for the table-top wargame version of Lord of the Rings, can you just see cash-ins on this?

[image]http://www.mrocznyraj.pl/sklep/images/produkty/wh40k-Necron-Flayed-Ones.jpg[/image]
I like the direction this is heading in, and what I've seen so far looks to be a natural progression from where the series had been heading at the end of T2 (treating T3 as the action interlude).

Given the previous incarnations of this concept (Battlestar and anyother AI type scenarios) it's pretty predictable to have Marcus choose to ally himself to the humans. Might be interesting to have him disassociate himself with Skynet's genocidal tendencies, yet still have the deep-running imperative to harm and kill, perhaps choosing to become a sadistic Jigsaw-Terminator.....

Marcus is not AI but a convict who had his brain cut out and put into an endoskeleton. He isn't even made by Skynet but a company called Project Angel.

(in reply to keatsmeister)
Post #: 64
RE: Cylonator - 4/3/2009 10:46:02 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmfan 2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Based on the trailer it does seem like T4 is going into BSG territory. Can a machine be human, etc. etc.

Also seems like the death camps won't be what I imagined since the original movie, I'm guessing it's some sort of research facility.

Which sucks.

The scariest aspect of the future in The Terminator was the machines had only a single purpose, wipe out human life. Now the machines want to be human?

Well in order for Skynet to produce the Terminator models that look convincingly human, I'd have thoguht some kind of research was required so it makes sense to me.

Just doesn't seem as interesting as death camps. Also we've seen this sort of thing before.

I bet Marcus has a Boomer complex and is conditioned to believe he's human with false memories and that'll be a focus of the film.

I think the death camps are still there... namely that shot with the hundreds of humans in what looks like cattle pens, guarded by T-600s.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 65
RE: Cylonator - 4/3/2009 11:42:43 AM   
Felix

Ghidorah, make one more post without a spoiler and you wont be posting until the damn film comes out. That is all...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 66
RE: Cylonator - 4/3/2009 12:06:14 PM   
CORLEONE

The crawling half terminator brings back great memories of the original. I like what Sam Worthington said when he was aked how the film compares to the other 3. He said "if the 1st one's a horror movie, the 2nd one an action movie, and the 3rd a romp, then this is a war film".

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 67
terminator - 4/3/2009 2:27:47 PM   
john mclain

terminator 4 looks really good but is arnie in it iv'e herd that his face has been added on by cgi but i not to sure

Post #: 68
Allo Allo Allo.... - 4/3/2009 4:34:56 PM   
fergustoo

The new logo looks a bit like the start of Eastenders. Hopefully the dramatic Terminator drum beat turns into the dramatic Eastenders drum beat

Post #: 69
RE: HMMM.......... - 4/3/2009 5:12:19 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghost Mutt

quote:

ORIGINAL: gavan

Why is Connor Surprised there is a Terminator disguised as a human? Hasn't he seen this thing before. But the fact that the machine thinks it's human looks really interesting. Good Trailer.

I think Marcus is more of an Android - like Skynet has splurged his body with a machine - than a terminator who thinks he's human, thus the surprise.

Still though this looks incredible.

Marcus is not a Terminator but a cyborg. A human brain fitted into an endoskeleton.

Then why didnt they send that through the time machine in the other films?

Spoilers - not shown in the trailers

Because Skynet do not make cyborgs, Project Angel does and their latest weapon are T Rips.

The reason why T Rips look like T800s because they both use the same blue prints of the T700. However because it look like Project Angel get destroyed at the end of Salvation so Skynet try to create it own T Rips and call them T800s.

But being that Skynet is an advanced computer system, surely they would've thought that the T-rips are better models and made their own but better and sent them through time?

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 70
RE: Shame this is going to get the Battlestar Galactica... - 5/3/2009 12:13:26 AM   
keatsmeister

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: keatsmeister

quote:

Marcus is not AI but a convict who had his brain cut out and put into an endoskeleton. He isn't even made by Skynet but a company called Project Angel.

Yeah, forgot to include Cybermen in that list of examples.... Still, as a wider concept, my original point was that it is predictable for such cyborg/AI creations to ally themselves to the good guys

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 71
RE: HMMM.......... - 5/3/2009 6:54:09 AM   
grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo
Then why didnt they send that through the time machine in the other films?

I think it's save to say from the trailer that this won't be like Underworld - Rise of the Lycans. McG didn't just made a full lenght film out of the familiar backstory from T1 and T2. The future has (yet again) changed. John Connor even says so in the trailer ("This isn't the future I was told about").

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 72
Interesting. - 5/3/2009 11:34:03 AM   
dansimm2000

I thought the third terminator films was terrible and I couldn't see this being any better especially since it is being directed by the terminally awful McG. I have to say though it is looking very good, the inclusion of the original Stan Winston terminator skeletons look amazing and so do the other special effects, I just hope there will be some substance behind it all. Gonna wait to see the reviews before I part with my money.

Post #: 73
Holy Jebus - 6/3/2009 11:21:48 AM   
Ivan_Drago

This just became my most anticipated movie of the year.
Best trailer of 09 so far.

Post #: 74
Maybe there is life after Charlies Angels - 6/3/2009 11:41:58 AM   
pete_traynor

This is actually starting to win me over. Like the ideas that are touched on in this trailer. As has been mentioned a lot here I was worried about it being too Transformers like but it seems to be revealing a much darker edge in this trailer. Still think the Terminator bikes look a little weird and don’t quite fit with the aesthetic established the credible films but that’s a minor gripe and as a whole yeah, really good trailer that got me exited and McG may appease me yet. Also like the look of the Worthington character. As much as we all loved Arnie they are inherently created to blend in and not draw initial attention from humans and the man mountain model Terminators aren’t really inconspicuous.

Post #: 75
So, he's a cyborg! - 7/3/2009 8:36:31 AM   
master exploder

I hadn't read anything about this movie, wanting to go in fresh and unbiased, but the spoilertastic trailer has me concerned. Now if this was James Cameron's Terminator Salvation (just imagine THAT movie) and he decided to reveal Marcus Wright's big secret in the trailer, personally I would be more excited than I was about The Dark Knight last year. What I'm trying to say is I hope McG has one hell of a story arc for the characters and isn't just relying on cutting edge CGI to draw in the punters (although the mototerminator skidding to evade destruction? trailer moment of the year by a long stretch!)

Post #: 76
McG - 7/3/2009 5:19:50 PM   
JaQ

McG wants to be Michael Bay. He's not. McG wants to be James Cameron. He's not. It's gonna be disappointing.

Post #: 77
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> I believe in McG Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI