Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Cylonator

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Cylonator Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:43:25 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Based on the trailer it does seem like T4 is going into BSG territory. Can a machine be human, etc. etc.

Also seems like the death camps won't be what I imagined since the original movie, I'm guessing it's some sort of research facility.

Which sucks.

The scariest aspect of the future in The Terminator was the machines had only a single purpose, wipe out human life. Now the machines want to be human?

Don't they want to be human so they can wipe us out? y'know, get close to us without us noticing etc.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 31
RE: underwhelming - 3/3/2009 12:44:57 PM   
target

Great trailer. But im not to sure about the new terminator, i mean he thinks hes human? that just takes away everything that makes them scary and intresting, even the good terminators from 2 and 3.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to uheiberg)
Post #: 32
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:45:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Based on the trailer it does seem like T4 is going into BSG territory. Can a machine be human, etc. etc.

Also seems like the death camps won't be what I imagined since the original movie, I'm guessing it's some sort of research facility.

Which sucks.

The scariest aspect of the future in The Terminator was the machines had only a single purpose, wipe out human life. Now the machines want to be human?

Don't they want to be human so they can wipe us out? y'know, get close to us without us noticing etc.

Also - Time Travel.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 33
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:46:42 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

Yes, but something tells me they're going to go in a different direction now.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 34
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:51:31 PM   
Filmfan 2

quote:

Which sucks.

Well in order for Skynet to produce the Terminator models that look convincingly human, I'd have thoguht some kind of research was required so it makes sense to me.

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 35
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:52:27 PM   
kumar

Its better with sound.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 36
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:56:03 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmfan 2

quote:

Which sucks.

Well in order for Skynet to produce the Terminator models that look convincingly human, I'd have thoguht some kind of research was required so it makes sense to me.

Just doesn't seem as interesting as death camps. Also we've seen this sort of thing before.

I bet Marcus has a Boomer complex and is conditioned to believe he's human with false memories and that'll be a focus of the film.

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 37
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:58:15 PM   
Filmfan 2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmfan 2

quote:

Which sucks.

Just doesn't seem as interesting as death camps. Also we've seen this sort of thing before.

I bet Marcus has a Boomer complex and is conditioned to believe he's human with false memories and that'll be a focus of the film.

Maybe when Skynet nails it, it'll be death camps for everyone!

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 38
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 1:39:15 PM   
jackcarter

Id love it if they surprised us all and made it 18

However even if it is the dreaded PG 13 in the US maybe it will still be a 15 here as the same happened with Mad Max 3, AvP, Starsky & Hutch and Die Hard 4

although the reverse happened with T3 - R in US...12A in UK

Maybe it will be R in the states anyway…its Fox who downgrade R rated franchaises to PG 13 (AvP, DH4)…warners at least made T3 and the Matrix sequels R when they could’ve made them pg13...so maybe T4 will be R (and a 15 in UK)

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 3/3/2009 2:03:43 PM >

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 39
- 3/3/2009 2:13:03 PM   
crimebusterofthesea

Marcus is neither Terminator or human he's somewhere in between!

Looks like this is going to be a very good film..

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 40
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 2:20:43 PM   
Woger

quote:

quote:

Yes, but something tells me they're going to go in a different direction now.

Human Robot love?
I realy liked the look of the trailer, one bit  I thought ridiculous wa swhere the termibike went through the air and hot the air craft.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 41
omg! - 3/3/2009 3:04:32 PM   
lizzygilly

i can't wait!!!! i don't care if it's very battlestar, bsg makes really good points about robots/cylons what ever you want to call them. can't wait!

Post #: 42
omg! - 3/3/2009 3:04:33 PM   
lizzygilly

i can't wait!!!! i don't care if it's very battlestar, bsg makes really good points about robots/cylons what ever you want to call them. can't wait!

Post #: 43
HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 3:32:12 PM   
gavan

Why is Connor Surprised there is a Terminator disguised as a human? Hasn't he seen this thing before. But the fact that the machine thinks it's human looks really interesting. Good Trailer.

Post #: 44
So Want This Right Now. - 3/3/2009 3:50:08 PM   
joanna likes films

Why do we have to wait until June while the lucky Americans get in May? It looks damn brilliant, though I ruined myself of the story by watching the trailer (idiot!) Christian Bale just looks right in this sort of film after all that ho-ra of his temper tatatum, I can't wait to see it and prove that maybe the three Terminator movies are good but this one will really be the one to be up there with them. Fingers crossed then.

Post #: 45
Sweet trailer - 3/3/2009 4:10:37 PM   
Taz69

Tells us (well me anyway) nothing new, but it still enthuses me about Terminator Salvation - could this be McG has made a good movie?
It did confuse me a bit when John 'Patrick Batman Bateman' Connor said that .'That something has changed, Skynet has taken humans prisoners' I thought he knew about the slave camps in T2 or T3 but I'm sure I'd be clear when I a) I read Empires thorough Terminator feature and b) when I see the movie itself.

Post #: 46
RE: HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 4:43:29 PM   
Ghost Mutt

quote:

ORIGINAL: gavan

Why is Connor Surprised there is a Terminator disguised as a human? Hasn't he seen this thing before. But the fact that the machine thinks it's human looks really interesting. Good Trailer.

I think Marcus is more of an Android - like Skynet has splurged his body with a machine - than a terminator who thinks he's human, thus the surprise.

Still though this looks incredible.

Picking my scabs.

(in reply to gavan)
Post #: 47
RE: HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 5:22:30 PM   
skeletonjack

I think the movie looks really promising, although the decision to use the song in the trailer was, at least for me, a terrible one.

(in reply to Ghost Mutt)
Post #: 48
RE: HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 5:34:05 PM   
Workshed

I posted this about 6 hours ago but it seems to have disappeared.

Well anyway, here goess:

I saw the trailer today at work with no sound and it looked pretty good, hwoever, I hope they haven't made it a PG-13, as McG hinted in this month's EMPIRE.. The Terminator is a pure movie in a sense that it doesn't give a fuck about alienating anyone or trying to pander to a wide audience and I think to some* extent, Mr. McG should try to follow suit.

*I know with the budget they're working with they have to get as wide an audience as possible

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to skeletonjack)
Post #: 49
Terminator salvation trailer - 3/3/2009 5:37:00 PM   
Blue Ryan

Let's face it. No one is going to say the triler looks bad. It looks incredible to say the least. Nice cliched voicover. But is the hype to big? Is it going to be a summer blockbuster that disappoints. I hold my breath. I hope that isn't the case. I hope it's as good as the trailer.

Post #: 50
RE: Terminator salvation trailer - 3/3/2009 5:44:39 PM   
Drew_231

I think this is going to be great, basically a fun action film, which is all the first and second ones were anyway

Anyone thinks Bale sounds the same saying 'What are you!!" in this and 'Where are they!!!' in the Dark Knight

(in reply to Blue Ryan)
Post #: 51
RE: HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 7:35:44 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghost Mutt

quote:

I think Marcus is more of an Android - like Skynet has splurged his body with a machine - than a terminator who thinks he's human, thus the surprise.

Marcus is not a Terminator but a cyborg. A human brain fitted into an endoskeleton.

(in reply to Ghost Mutt)
Post #: 52
Looks Great - 3/3/2009 8:08:01 PM   
Col.Dax

It does, genuinely.

Post #: 53
Looks Great! - 3/3/2009 8:12:51 PM   
IKEOBI

I am very intrigued with this one. Amidst the fanfare of visual effects and mind blowing stunts I feel the core of the story is the rivalry between John and Marcus- it would be nice to keep his character ambiguous so that we keep guessing where his true allegiance lie (something that didn't quite work in T3 with T-800

Post #: 54
RE: HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 8:17:12 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

Marcus is not a Terminator but a cyborg. A human brain fitted into an endoskeleton.

Then why didnt they send that through the time machine in the other films?

And did Marcus have a bit of a accent?  Austrian? 

Here's one for you....isnt Arnie meant to have a russian accent because of the cold war threat?  Being that's not really an issue anymore, and that the middle eastern terrorists/terrorists in general, and also North Korea are more of a threat to the US capable of nuclear attack....should'nt the Terminators who speak reflect that? 

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 55
RE: HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 8:36:22 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

quote:

And did Marcus have a bit of a accent?  Austrian? 

Here's one for you....isnt Arnie meant to have a russian accent because of the cold war threat?  Being that's not really an issue anymore, and that the middle eastern terrorists/terrorists in general, and also North Korea are more of a threat to the US capable of nuclear attack....should'nt the Terminators who speak reflect that? 

Well the T3 dvd has that deleted scene with the voice of a skynet scientist being Arnie's. He was originall gonna have a cheesy all american voice going by that scene right?

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 56
RE: New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online - 3/3/2009 8:54:29 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

That trailer blew my face off! It was that awesome!

You're not going crazy, Arthur. You're going sane in a crazy world!

Post #: 57
RE: New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online - 3/3/2009 9:56:04 PM   
elzupasmonkey

Not feeling anything in that trailer from Sam Worthington. I know it's only a trailer but he just seems quite bland.

Also, not sure if a like the idea of a Terminator who spends the movie trying to come to terms with his own mortality.

http://tiny.cc/odytmw

(in reply to MoBiUGeArSkIn)
Post #: 58
RE: HMMM.......... - 3/3/2009 10:42:14 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Spoilers - not shown in the trailers

Because Skynet do not make cyborgs, Project Angel does and their latest weapon are T Rips.

The reason why T Rips look like T800s because they both use the same blue prints of the T700. However because it look like Project Angel get destroyed at the end of Salvation so Skynet try to create it own T Rips and call them T800s.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 59
AWESOME! - 3/3/2009 11:08:25 PM   
boredbluekoala

And it's not even based on a comic book, who'd of thunk it?

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Cylonator Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI