Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online - 3/3/2009 8:23:21 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Righteo then................ - 3/3/2009 8:23:21 AM   
davey_g

Well Mr Mc G

You may well have just got my interest a bit more
Teaser was OK
First trailer not bad
That trailer pretty damn fine (though no sound on this work effort)
Lets see if the film bears fruit...............................

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
THAT LOOKS AWESOME........... - 3/3/2009 8:34:55 AM   
boredbluekoala

The bit where the terminator endoskeleton is crawling into the chopper looks SO real, I had to watch it twice. May is gonna be a massive movie month, with this and Star Trek AND Wolverine. Summer cannot get here soon enough.

Post #: 3
Can't wait! - 3/3/2009 8:55:32 AM   
jimbojofre

That looks terrific! Very chuffed with that trailer, it's wetting my appetite more and more. I'm actually more looking forward to this than Transformers.

Post #: 4
RE: THAT LOOKS AWESOME........... - 3/3/2009 8:58:46 AM   
captainrentboy

Friggin fantastic trailer, although the music and doom and gloom filled shots kind of reminded me of the early Watchmen trailers. And for the people who don't read absolutely everything film related it did just spoil a pretty big plot point that I thought would've been kept more secret.
But this has just knocked Transformers 2 off of its perch as my most anticipated summer flick. Let's see what Bay can do to retaliate.
McG has done a sterling job of easing my mind about the fact that he is directing, just a shame that it'll be a 12A.

(in reply to boredbluekoala)
Post #: 5
RE: THAT LOOKS AWESOME........... - 3/3/2009 9:02:56 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

well McG proved with Charlies Angels Full Throttle that he has a real talent for visuals. TS looks pretty enough, but not that exciting to me. 

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 6
- 3/3/2009 9:03:36 AM   
achenar

looks awsome, although the music is a little though to blend out.
hope they still got to do work on the effects, i mean the bridge scene looks not that good.

Post #: 7
impressed!! - 3/3/2009 9:14:21 AM   
natman_begins

This looks really good, Much better than i was expecting.

Post #: 8
RE: impressed!! - 3/3/2009 9:43:13 AM   
Castor Troy

That is the best trailer I've seen in a long long time. I was nearly crying it was so good.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to natman_begins)
Post #: 9
Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 9:47:39 AM   
Noelg25

and do not call me Sally!! DAMN!! McG appears to have just gone the whole hog with this movie. I am very impressed with this. And the best bit? Its released on my birthday!! So definitely a good reason to celebrate being 29!! Last year I had to endure watching Chelsea lose to Man Utd in the Champion's League final. This time round I will imagine John Connor as John Terry and one of the T models as Ronaldo as it gets its PWNAGE from Mr Connor. GET IN!!!

Post #: 10
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 9:50:09 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noelg25

and do not call me Sally!! DAMN!! McG appears to have just gone the whole hog with this movie. I am very impressed with this. And the best bit? Its released on my birthday!! So definitely a good reason to celebrate being 29!! Last year I had to endure watching Chelsea lose to Man Utd in the Champion's League final. This time round I will imagine John Connor as John Terry and one of the T models as Ronaldo as it gets its PWNAGE from Mr Connor. GET IN!!!

The film's out on June 5th over here.

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 11
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 9:55:01 AM   
HIM

Does the fact that the Sam Worthington Terminator looking as real as real can mean that history has changed? In the first Terminator Kyle Reese said this to Sarah Connor:

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero on him."

So where're the 600 series' in Salvation then?

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 12
Damn fine!! - 3/3/2009 9:57:57 AM   
jameslowe

Impressed. I was not looking forward to this after the debacle that was T3 (T2 is one of my favourite ever movies), and Full Throttle did not endear me to the director, but this looks AWESOME!! Back to post holocaust hell environments that the future has been missing in recent years. There has been too many shiny CG friendly futures for my liking. Cristian Bale can do no wrong really, he is an exceptionally fine actor, and the set peices and special effects on display here look well worth the weight. With the Watchmen this week, then Transformers 2, Star Trek, Wolverine....and in the future Tintin to look forward to.....the future is indeed bright!!

Post #: 13
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 10:00:45 AM   
Noelg25

Watch the trailer closely or the pictures themselves and u will see the rubber ones...they are very easy to spot...in fact in this months issue there is a picture of the rubber ones...

Man Of Steel will rock!

2013 is Superman's year!

Metropolis, IL here I come for Superman Celebration!!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 14
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 10:01:06 AM   
Biggus

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

Does the fact that the Sam Worthington Terminator looking as real as real can mean that history has changed? In the first Terminator Kyle Reese said this to Sarah Connor:

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero on him."

So where're the 600 series' in Salvation then?

There are pics in this month's Empire.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 15
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 10:01:57 AM   
Noelg25

Ah what!!! 5th June in the UK??? Fuckers!! I hate Americans!! Its my birthday!! I should have to watch it on my birthday!! Not wait 2 weeks!! NO FAIR!! Empire...what can we do???

Man Of Steel will rock!

2013 is Superman's year!

Metropolis, IL here I come for Superman Celebration!!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 16
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 10:10:08 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noelg25

Watch the trailer closely or the pictures themselves and u will see the rubber ones...they are very easy to spot...in fact in this months issue there is a picture of the rubber ones...

Just watched the trailer again and I can't spot them. I don't have this month's issue yet but I shall pop out later and pick it up.

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 17
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 10:25:07 AM   
ctu_special_agent

Anyone know what the song was playing over the trailer?

"I get a lot of shit for being quite posh but as the old saying goes: "sticks and stones may break my bones but fuck it, I'm with bupa""

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 18
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 10:31:15 AM   
Mojo

Really great trailer, upped the excitement for me (which was alread high). Looks interesting, the future has definitely changed, we know this from the first teaser trailer as Connor says "this is not the future my mother warned me about". Marcus must be an extremely advanced Terminator, somewhere between the T-800 and T-1000 no doubt, but with knowledge of his who or what he is. No sign of Kyle Reese in there, wonder how big a part he'll play.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to ctu_special_agent)
Post #: 19
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 10:49:02 AM   
palagrim2008

I believe it's Nine Inch Nails - The Day The Whole World Went Away...

http://www.last.fm/music/Nine+Inch+Nails/_/The+Day+the+World+Went+Away

< Message edited by palagrim2008 -- 3/3/2009 10:52:20 AM >

(in reply to ctu_special_agent)
Post #: 20
RE: Well fuck me sideways - 3/3/2009 11:19:11 AM   
Gazdance

This just became my most anticipated film of the summer.  We've all had our fingers burnt by good trailers before but if this film delivers on the promise of this trailer then I'll be very happy.

Love the line "forget the past", kind of suggesting that this film will be a departure from what has come before and whilst respecting the originals, very clealy positions itself as NOT Terminator 4 but a new franchise.

I have no problems if this is a 12a.  So was The Dark Knight and that managed to be quite adult in tone.

Come on McG *crosses fingers*

< Message edited by Gazdance -- 3/3/2009 11:20:23 AM >

(in reply to palagrim2008)
Post #: 21
- 3/3/2009 11:22:45 AM   
The Gaffer

Man that shit music set this movie back a notch in my expectations...ruined the atmos of what Cameron created.

Post #: 22
- 3/3/2009 11:27:43 AM   
sleepwalker

I tried watching this on Yahoo movies last night and it made a complete mess of it . Its not a problem though because im not looking forward to this film too much anyway.

Post #: 23
- 3/3/2009 11:28:48 AM   
exandakane

Be alot better if the it had the BSG version of All On The Watchtower.

Post #: 24
RE: - 3/3/2009 11:42:53 AM   
Workshed

Just watched it at work now without sound. Looks surprisingly good but I hope they don't make it PG-13 as implied my McG in Empire. The Terminator is a pure vision that didn't give a fuck about being commercial or pandering to a wide audience and this should follow suit to an extent.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to exandakane)
Post #: 25
underwhelming - 3/3/2009 11:49:05 AM   
uheiberg

oh well

Post #: 26
RE: New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online - 3/3/2009 12:39:36 PM   
kumar

watched without sound. seemed pretty underwhelming, and i cant beleive how many spoilers there were in it! I knew them anyway, but for people who didnt!?? Trailers these days get worse and worse!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 27
Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:40:13 PM   
Tech_Noir

Based on the trailer it does seem like T4 is going into BSG territory. Can a machine be human, etc. etc.

Also seems like the death camps won't be what I imagined since the original movie, I'm guessing it's some sort of research facility.

Which sucks.

The scariest aspect of the future in The Terminator was the machines had only a single purpose, wipe out human life. Now the machines want to be human?

Post #: 28
- 3/3/2009 12:42:34 PM   
Filmfan 2

I usually avoid trailers of films that I'm looking forward to but I gave in here (won't watch it again, however).

Can't judge it until I see it, but I must say that if they nail nothing else, it does visually stunning. Hopefully it delivers.

Post #: 29
RE: Cylonator - 3/3/2009 12:43:15 PM   
Rgirvan44

I'm pretty sure T2 did the "can a machine have human feelings?" thing.

The answer?

Thumb up

Suspect things aren't quite what they seem even from the trailer.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Terminator Salvation Trailer Online Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI