Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Russell Crowe On Robin Hood

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Russell Crowe On Robin Hood Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Russell Crowe On Robin Hood - 27/2/2009 8:01:45 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Location... - 27/2/2009 8:01:45 PM   
paffy

Parts of this film was going to be shot at Cleeve Abbey in Somerset where i work, but apparently we're too epxensive and they skipped in favour of Eastern Europe!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 27/2/2009 9:11:20 PM   
manufan

Crowe's just gone up in my esteme, I've been saying that about Bill for years.

Post #: 3
- 28/2/2009 2:35:38 AM   
francisca1

Thx so much to Empire for having the BIG interview with Russell Crowe. It's very entertaining and great to know that the man seems relaxed and happy these days. Marriage life suits him so well. A brilliant actor and consummate professional, a loving husband, a wonderful father to his two boys, and a clever rugby-club owner. His charity works for his Aussie community has been well-known too. He's been living his life to the fullest! Hope he continues to make fine movies 'cause I'll always be there for him. Really looking forward to that Bill Hicks thing. It'll make a fine biopic. Huzzah to the fact that he'll love to play Capt. Jack Aubrey again!! Can't wait to see the violin-playing captain in action with his fine uniform, his loyal compatriot, dr. Maturin, and of course, his beloved HMS Surprise. Oh, that ex-Nottingham project sounds pretty awesome too, now that Cate Blanchett is on board to play Maid Marion. Woohooo!! Go Russ Go!!

Post #: 4
- 28/2/2009 10:49:44 AM   
haptchesout

We can rely on Russell to be utterly ready for starting his new film in April. Archery is a beautiful sport and he hadn't had the opportunity to demonstrate it so far in his films. I fully agree with him when he states he wants to achieve the best Robin ever, that's exactly what we are looking forward to.
It will be a treat to see both outstanding stars in the leading roles, Russell will certainly be a brilliant and astute Robin, middle-ages humour will hopefully be involved ! I hope Sir Ridley will find an excellent opportunity to demonstrate with his exceptional talent,humour , imagination and poetry how awful those French villains are ! I can't wait, being French ...
Lucky Jack was so outstanding a role, is it possible to have a sequel ?
Thanks for the long article devoted to Russell.

Haptchesout
Haptchesout

Post #: 5
RE: - 28/2/2009 12:03:05 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: francisca1

Thx so much to Empire for having the BIG interview with Russell Crowe. It's very entertaining and great to know that the man seems relaxed and happy these days. Marriage life suits him so well. A brilliant actor and consummate professional, a loving husband, a wonderful father to his two boys, and a clever rugby-club owner. His charity works for his Aussie community has been well-known too.

Be honest, you're Russell Crowe, aren't you?

(in reply to francisca1)
Post #: 6
RE: - 28/2/2009 11:42:13 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: manufan

Crowe's just gone up in my esteme, I've been saying that about Bill for years.

Well, duh. It's the reason why he's so well liked still. He certainly wasn't that funny, it was his political and social rants that made him superb. Not his dick jokes.

(in reply to manufan)
Post #: 7
- 1/3/2009 7:24:12 PM   
sjessep

He still hasn't suggested if he'll be playing Hicks yet or just producing... I hope not. Crowe is 44. Hicks was 32 when he died.

Post #: 8
Hicks not funny?!!!! - 2/3/2009 1:51:12 PM   
batfunk

I saw the great Bill Hicks play live twice and believe me when I say, he WAS funny. On both occasions, the whole venue was electric with laughter! His political views just added to the mix. Read 'Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution' by Kevin Booth for the down to earth lowdown from those who knew him best. I'm not so sure we need a biopic from the studios who would have ignored Hicks whilst he was alive. It leaves a bad taste.

Post #: 9
RE: Hicks not funny?!!!! - 4/3/2009 3:55:44 AM   
JoeyPottr

Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett and Ridley Scott should be awesome. Robin Hood will be able to even talk with an English accent too (remember Costner's Californian accent in RHPOT still good though)

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to batfunk)
Post #: 10
RE: Hicks is fucking funny?!!!! - 4/3/2009 9:15:11 AM   
Workshed

I hope they do a good job honouring the Lergend. Crow certainly has the chops and looks to pull it off aimabily.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Russell Crowe On Robin Hood Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI