Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paul Blart: Mall Cop - 25/2/2009 2:44:37 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Surprising - 18/3/2009 3:23:39 PM   
Ethanial

I went in expecting the worst, the trailer was based on Kevin James' weight as the hilarity, gets old fast, and I couldn't stand the trailer for more than a minute, but since it was such a big film in the US it had to be doing something right.
(Plus I owed Kevin James for being the only guy to get me through my friend's choice of cinema outing, Chuck And Larry)
With low expectations and a PG rating, I came out surprised, the first half hour setting up the character with some laughs, but mainly exposition, the next 50 mins being OTT Die Hard spoofing in a Mall, Kevin Smith's Mallrats sequel basically, and I admit, I laughed a whole lot.
It's not big, it's not clever, but it doesn't try to be, and it's a fun little film in a time of dark superheroes and dead dogs.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
No good reason to see this - 9/4/2009 1:35:29 PM   
StreetGangster

I went to the movie expecting a decent, okay film, but what i saw was a film that i wouldn't recomend to anyone, it just wasn't good, wasn't funny, and most importantly; it wasn't entertaining.

Post #: 3
Funny - 14/10/2009 3:06:36 PM   
Seamus. Pat.

I was pleasantly surprised at this one. Obviously not as funny as @I now pronounce you'. which I thought was hilarious but quite funny and kids loved it. Good for a DVD but maybe not the effort of going to the cinema.

Post #: 4
Predictable - 28/12/2009 12:47:01 AM   
Rubhena

I heard that this movies was really good from so many people. So then I thought that maybe I should watch it to see what it's like. It turned out to be a movie you can sit through, but there wasn't a funny moment in it! It was predictable. like I had watched something like this before!

Post #: 5
Paul Blart: Mall Cop - 8/5/2010 3:52:14 PM   
mymatebone

actually surprised me as it turns out it is a very enjoyable movie. Story line is still dribble but the acting and scenes are good as well as entertaining. Worth a watch on a rainy day. Three out of five.

Post #: 6
Not a review - just want to point out a funny error - 29/10/2010 8:39:39 PM   
G MAN

From the last paragraph: "Blart is the anti-John McCain"

Surely John MCCLANE from the Die Hard series, not the septuagenarian Republican Presidential candidate?!!

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Paul Blart: Mall Cop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI