Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ang Lee Is Hungry For The Life Of Pi

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ang Lee Is Hungry For The Life Of Pi Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ang Lee Is Hungry For The Life Of Pi - 18/2/2009 11:05:30 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Obvious casting decision? - 18/2/2009 11:05:30 AM   
laughablefellow

In light of this season's award hubbub Dev Patel is surely a perfect fit for the star?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
BEST NEWS ALL YEAR - 18/2/2009 11:32:34 AM   
lumpster

My favorite book to be adapted by one the the most consistently brilliant director. You couldn't ask for a better choice to direct a story as poetic as this. There are scenes in this especially near the end that need to be handled with the lightest of touches and Ang Lee certainly can handle these. I also agree, Dev Patel, would be great

Post #: 3
- 18/2/2009 1:40:16 PM   
LORD LIONAL

I've always thought the only way to do the book justice would be to animate it. Oh well. He'd better not screw it up.

Post #: 4
- 18/2/2009 3:55:45 PM   
Brother L

In the right hands, this could be a cracker and Ang Lee, on the surface, seems an almost perfect fit. Loved the book and the twist in the tale has the potential to be one of the most startling in the history of films................................EVER!!

Post #: 5
RE: - 18/2/2009 3:57:07 PM   
laughablefellow

quote:

ORIGINAL: LORD LIONAL

I've always thought the only way to do the book justice would be to animate it. Oh well. He'd better not screw it up.

Well you never know. As the article said, he's never been easy to stick a label on. Maybe he'll shoot it in a Scanner Darkly style, or Beowulf motion capture. I'd think it more likely it'll be traditionaly done but you can never be sure with Lee.

(in reply to LORD LIONAL)
Post #: 6
Awww hell no! - 18/2/2009 11:36:20 PM   
doc

One of my favourite books of all time. One of the most overrated directors of all time. Colour me disappointed. Was really looking forward to Jeunet's take. Those who think Ang Lee is right for this obviously read a different book, or thought Hulk was good. One or t'other definitely.

The Ice Storm aside, I've always been underwhelmed by Lee's films.

Post #: 7
Yay! / Boo (delete as appropriate) - 22/2/2009 2:36:20 PM   
ghost_moth

An adaptation of one of my favourite books, directed by one of my favourite directors? It'll either be perfect or a horrible mess. Will probably have to watch through my fingers!

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ang Lee Is Hungry For The Life Of Pi Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI