Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Cryptozoology Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/8/2012 2:34:30 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I looks like a seal to me.

I thought that as well.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 211
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/8/2012 6:14:15 PM   
sanchia

I would like to point out I personally do not looks like a seal.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 16/8/2012 6:15:02 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 212
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 17/8/2012 6:55:45 PM   
kata

Every time I see this thread bumped I hope it's Bigfoot.

< Message edited by kata -- 17/8/2012 7:00:00 PM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 213
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 18/8/2012 9:03:53 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

It's a nice thought but I would imagine his fingers are too fat to type properly.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 214
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 18/8/2012 9:24:24 AM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

It's a nice thought but I would imagine his fingers are too fat to type properly.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 215
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 19/8/2012 4:30:31 PM   
Sotto Voce

I saw an interesting doco about that famous footage of bigfoot taken in the 60's. They made a digital version of it and cleaned it up, and got some people to analyse it. Basically they concluded that it seemed unlikely to be a person in a costume because it shows muscle definition like nothing any ape suit has, and the proportions don't fit with that of a human. Not quite proof positive, but it made me think a bit where otherwise I would have assumed it was a man in a suit.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 216
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/8/2012 1:47:06 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce
I saw an interesting doco about that famous footage of bigfoot taken in the 60's. They made a digital version of it and cleaned it up, and got some people to analyse it. Basically they concluded that it seemed unlikely to be a person in a costume because it shows muscle definition like nothing any ape suit has, and the proportions don't fit with that of a human. Not quite proof positive, but it made me think a bit where otherwise I would have assumed it was a man in a suit.

Both Stan Winston and Rick Baker have said in the past that, even for then, it was an obvious and not very good suit (contrary to the scientists who claimed that man-made suits were not that good back then - who would you believe there?), plus another doc (I forget what it was called, but it was on the Discovery channel in the early 00s) proved that the "no human can walk like that" argument is complete bollocks, because a very big, tall man in a suit did just that when they tried to recreate the original film.

I'm also pretty sure that there is evidence that one of the guys involved with the original film purchased several ape/gorilla costumes in the few years running up to the film being taken. I know that in itself proves nothing (especially as none of those purchased costumes, apparently, looked anything like what is seen in the film), but it still all seems too fishy.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 217
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 25/8/2012 1:49:00 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Both Stan Winston and Rick Baker have said in the past that, even for then, it was an obvious and not very good suit (contrary to the scientists who claimed that man-made suits were not that good back then - who would you believe there?), plus another doc (I forget what it was called, but it was on the Discovery channel in the early 00s) proved that the "no human can walk like that" argument is complete bollocks, because a very big, tall man in a suit did just that when they tried to recreate the original film.

I'm also pretty sure that there is evidence that one of the guys involved with the original film purchased several ape/gorilla costumes in the few years running up to the film being taken. I know that in itself proves nothing (especially as none of those purchased costumes, apparently, looked anything like what is seen in the film), but it still all seems too fishy.

That's right, destroy my child-like sense of wonder.

The guys that said it didn't look like a suit were effects people, and the show didn't claim that a person couldn't walk like that. It was something about the proportions of the legs. I think they worked out how tall the thing was, and it was very tall for a human.

I wonder what the most convincing ape suit in a movie would have been at that time? Maybe there's a category for that in the Oscars.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 218
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI