Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Cryptozoology Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/3/2012 3:24:54 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Mysterious "GIANT MAN" spotted in the Hermit Kingdom (click)

The enigmatic Giant of North Korea is tall, even by regular human standards. Quite a feat, given that the average resident of NK is six inches shorter than their SK counterpart

What do you guys make of this? What is going on in this photo?

Many other photos of Kim's funeral show signs of manipulation, figures being removed or added, as did live footage (there were odd washed out white patches that tried to look like snowstorm, but obviously were crude on the fly image manipulation to hide unsightly structures - you could see allllllll the way down a giant street, but not 15 feet across the street)

So some wonder if this is propaganda to intimidate the south (NK famously picks tall soldiers and gives them more food for those assigned to guard the border), or if this might perhaps be a example of genetic engineering, or what have you

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 20/3/2012 3:25:34 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 181
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/3/2012 3:29:09 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

The enigmatic Giant of North Korea is tall, even by regular human standards. Quite a feat, given that the average resident of NK is six inches shorter than their SK counterpart

Many other photos of Kim's funeral show signs of manipulation, figures being removed or added, as did live footage (there were odd washed out white patches that tried to look like snowstorm, but obviously were crude on the fly image manipulation to hide unsightly structures - you could see allllllll the way down a giant street, but not 15 feet across the street)

So some wonder if this is propaganda to intimidate the south (NK famously picks tall soldiers and gives them more food for those assigned to guard the border), or if this might perhaps be a example of genetic engineering, or what have you

Or he is stood on a platform next to the flag closer to the camera.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 182
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/3/2012 3:57:39 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

Or he is stood on a platform next to the flag closer to the camera.

Good thought, but nope, long shots reveal that's not the case.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 183
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/3/2012 4:07:03 PM   
Larry of Arabia

I think they said it was just the basketball player Ri Myung Hun.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

Post #: 184
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/3/2012 4:14:19 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

I think they said it was just the basketball player Ri Myung Hun.

Doesn't appear to be quite as tall as the Giant, but interesting suggestion, LoA.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 185
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/3/2012 4:20:31 PM   
Larry of Arabia

He is standing next to North Koreans in the parade picture though and their average height is 5ft 5in.

Post #: 186
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 20/3/2012 5:36:44 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

He is standing next to North Koreans in the parade picture though and their average height is 5ft 5in.

You seem determined to squash my flight of fancy with this giant

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 187
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 2:12:56 PM   
parsonage84

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17544885

Thats one big snake

The Jerk store called, they're running out of you

the King forever rembered 1958 - 2009

Post #: 188
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 2:17:33 PM   
DazDaMan

Fuuuuuck!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to parsonage84)
Post #: 189
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 3:58:10 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Serpentine behemoths may still stalk Earth's dark corners:

quote:

The picture above was taken in 1959 by a Belgium helicopter pilot, Col. Remy Van Lierde, while on patrol over the congo. The snake he saw measured approximately 40 to 50 feet in length, dark brown/green with a white belly. It had triangle shaped jaws and a head about 3 ft x 2 ft. Experts have analyzed the pictures and have verified them as authentic. They also have verified the size of the creature by matching ground features to the snake. As the helicopter flew in lower the snake raised up 10 feet and looked as if it would strike at the helicopter if they flew any closer.

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 3/4/2012 6:51:26 PM >

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 190
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 4:19:59 PM   
King of Kafiristan

BTW: where do you lot stand on the infamous Cottingley Fairies? Apparently uncertainty remains as to the authenticity of the fifth and final photograph. I don't happen to go in for the notion that a hidden faerie realm coexists alongside our own, but the theory has certainly had it's share of distinguished proponents over the years. What with EMPIRE being a British site, I figured I'd raise the issue and see what the consensus is, since these faeries, if they did indeed exist, made their home in the UK.

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 3/4/2012 4:20:35 PM >

Post #: 191
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 6:31:31 PM   
DazDaMan

I thought those photographs were verified as all fake, by one of the girls herself before she died?

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 192
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 6:37:46 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

I thought those photographs were verified as all fake, by one of the girls herself before she died?

One of the sisters maintained that the fifth and final photo was, in fact, real.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 193
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 8:39:06 PM   
Woger

But having put out 4 fake ones doesn't help with credibility.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

Post #: 194
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/4/2012 10:11:41 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

But having put out 4 fake ones doesn't help with credibility.

No doubt that is an important factor to consider

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 195
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 2:44:12 AM   
King of Kafiristan

The baffling and inexplicable FAERIE PHOTO FIVE:

A child's game of pretend, or a photochemical record of arcane happenings?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 196
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 9:36:49 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

The baffling and inexplicable FAERIE PHOTO FIVE:

A child's game of pretend, or a photochemical record of arcane happenings?

The former.  End of.  though I did enjoy the irony that the creator of the world's greatest detective (Holmes, not Batman!) was so easily duped by the photos.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 197
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 12:33:41 PM   
great_badir

quote:

Serpentine behemoths may still stalk Earth's dark corners:

quote:

The picture above was taken in 1959 by a Belgium helicopter pilot, Col. Remy Van Lierde, while on patrol over the congo. The snake he saw measured approximately 40 to 50 feet in length, dark brown/green with a white belly. It had triangle shaped jaws and a head about 3 ft x 2 ft. Experts have analyzed the pictures and have verified them as authentic. They also have verified the size of the creature by matching ground features to the snake. As the helicopter flew in lower the snake raised up 10 feet and looked as if it would strike at the helicopter if they flew any closer.

A classic photo that one. I can certainly believe that the statistics are true, given that some species of Anaconda and Python have been confirmed at well over 20 feet in length, and there's still enough unexplored jungle and marsh out there to hide real life monsters twice that size.

As for the Cottingley Fairies - that last photo is certainly bollocks. I'm not sure about the suggested possibility of an accidental double exposure (the photo is too good for that), but I certainly believe the cousin who embarrassingly waves it off as just another fake, rather than the cousin who supported her claim of it being real with typically fantastical descriptions.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 198
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 1:20:01 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

A classic photo that one. I can certainly believe that the statistics are true, given that some species of Anaconda and Python have been confirmed at well over 20 feet in length, and there's still enough unexplored jungle and marsh out there to hide real life monsters twice that size.

Did you know that there is a (still unclaimed) reward of $50k for anyone who can produce a 30ft+ snake?  I read a great book about it (called "Big Snake" - not very original!) that documented one man's exploits to claim the prize.  Well worth a read if you're into this kind of thing.

There was also a fascinating nature programme on a few years ago where one naturalist went into the Amazonian rain forest armed only with a camcorder to see if there was any truth to the local tales of a 60ft anaconda.  He managed to find his way to the lake where the snake had been reported (apparently the first non-local ever to visit it) and while he didn't see the snake itself, he did manage to film what appeared to be a snake burrow about 6ft across with huge trails disappearing down it. 

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 199
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 1:50:17 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy
There was also a fascinating nature programme on a few years ago where one naturalist went into the Amazonian rain forest armed only with a camcorder to see if there was any truth to the local tales of a 60ft anaconda.  He managed to find his way to the lake where the snake had been reported (apparently the first non-local ever to visit it) and while he didn't see the snake itself, he did manage to film what appeared to be a snake burrow about 6ft across with huge trails disappearing down it. 

I think I saw that - was it a series and did they also cover the Mokele Mbembe?

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 200
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 3:23:59 PM   
sharkboy

No idea, this was certainly the only episode that I saw.  There was a sequence where his native guide speared a wild pig for dinner which was pretty distressing viewing and another memorable part where he was monologuing to the camcorder only to stop mid-sentence and carefully turn the camera around to reveal a jaguar a few feet away ready to pounce.

WWLD?

Post #: 201
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 3:25:50 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

No idea, this was certainly the only episode that I saw.  There was a sequence where his native guide speared a wild pig for dinner which was pretty distressing viewing and another memorable part where he was monologuing to the camcorder only to stop mid-sentence and carefully turn the camera around to reveal a jaguar a few feet away ready to pounce.

I would have shat a brick!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 202
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 4/4/2012 3:34:52 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

quote:

I would have shat a brick!

Only problem is you wouldn't have time as it probably would have run down your (your being everyone) leg.

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 203
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/5/2012 3:07:15 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Click

The top comment's suggestion seems to have the most support.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 204
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/5/2012 3:14:51 PM   
Timon

quote:

At which point, I would have dropped the camcorder and ran screaming all the way back to the village...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 205
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 31/5/2012 9:42:12 PM   
Woger

More grainy footage.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/bigfoot-spotted-idaho-150527313--abc-news-topstories.html

- - -

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 206
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 3/7/2012 8:34:14 PM   
kata

Anyone been watching Finding Bigfoot on Discovery? It's an enjoyable watch, they obviously never find anything though.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 207
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 15/8/2012 4:07:33 PM   
Woger

Another photo of the Scottish thingy.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/scottish-sailor-claims-best-picture-yet-loch-ness-100057921--abc-news-topstories.html

- - -

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 208
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 15/8/2012 6:42:56 PM   
sanchia

I looks like a seal to me.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 209
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/8/2012 1:38:29 PM   
great_badir

Could be any number of things not Nessie-shaped.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI