Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Cryptozoology Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 21/4/2010 12:06:28 PM   
shool

I always thought Perseus slayed them in Scotland. 

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 151
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 22/4/2010 9:32:53 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller
However huge footprints of apparently the Yeti have been found high up in the mountains by professional climbers where it is very unlikley anyone would go to fake footprints as its too high and difficult so he thinks something like that probably exists. If Mr A says that then I beleive it. 

Well, which is more likely? That the yeti exists or the footprints are fake?

Footprints in snow would be very easy to fake. I don't think that it's very sound logic to say that the yeti exists just because Attenborough thinks that climbers wouldn't do this kind of thing.

People were convinced that the 'surgeon's photograph' of the Loch Ness monster proved it's existence because they thought a doctor would not lie. Guess what? He lied!

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 152
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 30/8/2011 8:24:13 PM   
DazDaMan

I started another thread the other day as I couldn't find this original:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3178325

That film clip is most interesting...

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 153
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/10/2011 6:32:18 PM   
Timon

"Yeti" hair being DNA-diagnosed - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047528/Abominable-Snowmans-grey-coloured-hair-remote-Russian-cave.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 154
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/10/2011 6:53:50 PM   
DazDaMan

It'll turn out to be a goat or something...!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 155
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/10/2011 12:57:21 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan
It'll turn out to be a goat or something...!

Or a shitty costume.

Although I am the ultimate skeptic (everything in the spooky thread purported as being real, for example, is bound to have a very boring and earth-bound explanation to it), I think cryptids are about the only part of paranormal research that I think holds any validity.

Not that I'm saying I believe in bigfoot/the yeti/sasquatch, or the chupacabra, or Nessie, but there are bound to be loads of weird and wonderful animals still waiting to be discovered, either in the darkest depths of the ocean, or hidden away in some in accessible jungle.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 156
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/10/2011 1:00:49 PM   
DazDaMan

I'd say that there is still more out there waiting to be found in terms of new species than we REALLY know about.

I mean, who the hell ever thought they'd see one of these??

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 157
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/10/2011 1:10:15 PM   
great_badir

Or, indeed, this...thing:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 158
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/10/2011 1:11:33 PM   
DazDaMan

That really is fucked up!

Post #: 159
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/10/2011 1:11:42 PM   
sharkboy

Megamouth, right?

Still not the weirdest looking shark down there, not when there are still Goblin Sharks swimming about! :

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 160
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/10/2011 1:12:51 PM   
DazDaMan

And, shock, horror, someone made a B-movie with one of those...!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 161
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/10/2011 1:23:13 PM   
Chief

The Penis Head Shark?

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 162
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 15/11/2011 9:23:21 AM   
Timon

Does Bigfoot twist trees to make nests?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8888047/Twisted-trees-are-proof-of-Bigfoot.html

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 163
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 6/1/2012 11:27:03 AM   
Timon

The hunt of Mokele-mbembe - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16306902

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 164
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 6/1/2012 12:21:31 PM   
great_badir

Much as I don't think it's a prehistoric reptile, I find the Mokele Mbembe case to be far more interesting than Nessie.

Having said that, a few years ago an American crypto investigation team went to the Congo and interviewed literally hundreds of eyewitnesses and, whilst they and their accounts were credible, after closely analysing the data the investigative team surmised that many of the descriptions of the animal (and prints that were found and documented) sounded very much like a hippo (an animal that most of the witnesses would not have come across before). This was further backed up when the team went back with photos and pictures of hippos and most of the people they interviewed identified it as Mokele Mbembe. There were, of course, still a few accounts that ruled out hippos and some of the witnesses identified hippos correctly when shown photos and said that that was nothing like the creature they had seen, so still some mystery.

This was all from a sci fi channel documentary series a few years, the name of which escapes me now, but it was quite good - a different subject every week and the team was made up of both believers and skeptics, proper scientists and biologists, wildlife cameramen and a couple of special effects guys, so they looked at it from literally every viewpoint.

As I've said before, whilst I'm massively skeptical about everything and think that ghosts, UFOs and aliens are far fetched bollocks, cryptozoology is one of the few areas of the unexplained/paranormal that I find holds any possible credence, mainly because I can easily believe that there are species of animals out there that have evaded humans for hundreds of thousands of years, waiting to be discovered, especially as nature is destroyed and the world gets smaller.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 165
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/1/2012 12:22:57 PM   
Timon

Giant Galapagos tortoise may still exist - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16467397

I know it's not a monster, but still....

Post #: 166
RE: Giant crustaceans exist! - 2/2/2012 9:30:57 AM   
Timon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16834913

Just think... if the prawns can get that big... what else can be down there?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 167
Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 9/2/2012 2:57:36 PM   
Timon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/iceland/9069204/Icelands-Loch-Ness-monster-spotted.html

Hmmmm.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 168
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 9/2/2012 3:10:27 PM   
DazDaMan

That's bizarre.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 169
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 10/2/2012 10:10:14 AM   
Timon

What is going on this week - now Mammoths have been spotted in Siberia?

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/889916-prehistoric-mammoth-filmed-wading-across-siberian-river

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 170
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 10/2/2012 10:54:13 AM   
kata

Saw that yesterday. Bear with a fish in its mouth. Case closed.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 171
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 10/2/2012 12:10:39 PM   
Timon

Or is it?

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 172
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 10/2/2012 12:27:14 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/iceland/9069204/Icelands-Loch-Ness-monster-spotted.html

Hmmmm.

Both that and the "mammoth" are totally fake.

With the river worm thing, it's obviously an animatronic or a simple jointed model (like one of those toy plastic snakes we all had as kids) being dragged through the water - look at the angled joints in the body and how they move. Not natural at all.

The mammoth is a not very good computer animation - check out the water foam round it's body as it's moving (it never changes) and you can see the lower front legs showing through the water (which, if real, would be impossible from that distance and angle given the flow of the water) towards the end of the video.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 173
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 10/2/2012 12:31:42 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Saw that yesterday. Bear with a fish in its mouth. Case closed.

I would agree with that - the "trunk" is silvery, but then so are the sides/undersides of a salmon/trout. I would imagine that, if it were an actual mammoth, the trunk should be the same colour as the rest of the mammoth.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 174
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 10/2/2012 1:22:54 PM   
Hood_Man

Mammoth? Or MamMYTH?

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 175
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 10/2/2012 4:52:20 PM   
jon5000

Quite obviously a bear with a fish in its mouth, as has already been said.

I wish they'd hurry up and clone a mammoth, though.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 176
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 14/2/2012 1:30:45 PM   
sharkboy

My god man, has Jurassic Park taught you nothing about the inherent dangers of cloning extinct animals?

As for this lot, the mammoth is, as already said, a fishing bear and I would doubt that the "river worm" even has any DNA to clone.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 177
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 14/2/2012 1:36:36 PM   
Scott_

It's not even a bear.

http://io9.com/5884677/watch-the-original-footage-of-the-live-woolly-mammoth-video

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 178
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 14/2/2012 1:43:52 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

My god man, has Jurassic Park taught you nothing about the inherent dangers of cloning extinct animals?

That the results make for good films? What's not to love?!

:D

< Message edited by jon5000 -- 14/2/2012 1:44:08 PM >

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 179
RE: Iceland's Loch Ness monster filmed - 14/2/2012 3:54:31 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_
It's not even a bear.

Ahem...

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir
The mammoth is a not very good computer animation - check out the water foam round it's body as it's moving (it never changes) and you can see the lower front legs showing through the water (which, if real, would be impossible from that distance and angle given the flow of the water) towards the end of the video.

Just sayin'...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI