Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Cryptozoology Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/3/2009 3:44:53 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

This a link to David Attenborough recently interviewed by Johnathan Ross about whether he thinks The Loch Ness Monster and the Yeti exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGQgN7XzPN0

Can't watch it at work, what did he say? I think I saw in another interview where he said that he is open to their existence.
On an Irish radio station they do a segemnt which looks (ie mocks) at regional newspapers and there was a story about someone in Kerry who saw a black beast. It had the head of a dog with the legs of a
dog

He basically said that if there was a Loch Ness Monster there would have to be more than one and it would have to come up for air frequently and as sightings have been rare that means its unlikley they exist. However huge footprints of apparently the Yeti have been found high up in the mountains by professional climbers where it is very unlikley anyone would go to fake footprints as its too high and difficult so he thinks something like that probably exists. If Mr A says that then I beleive it. 

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 121
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/3/2009 3:53:05 PM   
Woger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

This a link to David Attenborough recently interviewed by Johnathan Ross about whether he thinks The Loch Ness Monster and the Yeti exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGQgN7XzPN0

Can't watch it at work, what did he say? I think I saw in another interview where he said that he is open to their existence.
On an Irish radio station they do a segemnt which looks (ie mocks) at regional newspapers and there was a story about someone in Kerry who saw a black beast. It had the head of a dog with the legs of a
dog

He basically said that if there was a Loch Ness Monster there would have to be more than one and it would have to come up for air frequently and as sightings have been rare that means its unlikley they exist. However huge footprints of apparently the Yeti have been found high up in the mountains by professional climbers where it is very unlikley anyone would go to fake footprints as its too high and difficult so he thinks something like that probably exists. If Mr A says that then I beleive it. 

Common sense is something you would expect from him.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 122
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 18/3/2009 12:07:09 PM   
Timon

But that's clearly some bloke in Arctic gear.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 123
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 18/3/2009 12:19:12 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The sound of the bloop.....

http://www.bloopwatch.org/bloop_realtime.wav

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 124
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 18/3/2009 2:23:05 PM   
Timon

It's pretty clear what the Bloop is;

"...it matches the audio profile of a living creature but there is no known animal that could have produced the sound. If it is an animal, it would have to be, reportedly, much larger than even a Blue Whale, the largest known animal on the earth."

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 125
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 18/3/2009 2:26:42 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

On another note - check this fucking bastard out :

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 126
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 24/3/2009 5:36:35 PM   
Woger

Alot of animals have just been discovered recently.
http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/03/408_post-1993_mammal_species.php?utm_source=mostactive&utm_medium=link

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

Post #: 127
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 26/3/2009 9:14:36 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Well, this is awkward...... this is one of my ex's......

You're killing Independent George!!!!

Post #: 128
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 11:20:14 AM   
Cruisecontroller

Another big cat sighting filmed this time. Unless they`ve used cgi this has to be a wild black big cat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8172064.stm?ls

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

Post #: 129
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 11:23:46 AM   
bigmurds

Its not one of the elusive big cats. Its a standard fluffy one. When was that alst time you saw a panther suanter off like that whth its tail in the air. and how the hell could you expect something quoted as being over 4 foot long managing to toddle down a rail track like that.  

MY BRIAN IS FINE.......

ROCK AND ROLL

Edward Norton is never going to be Brandon Lee

Post #: 130
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 12:07:42 PM   
darko18

It just looks like an ordinary moggy to me. Either that or it's one helluva big train track.

(in reply to bigmurds)
Post #: 131
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 12:10:30 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmurds

Its not one of the elusive big cats. Its a standard fluffy one. When was that alst time you saw a panther suanter off like that whth its tail in the air. and how the hell could you expect something quoted as being over 4 foot long managing to toddle down a rail track like that.  

Standard fluffy cats aren`t that size and don`t look like that. I wouldn`t know whether panthers move with there tails in the air or not. He did toddle down the rail track look at the video the size maybe incorrect but this isn`t a standard cat its bigger than that. It may not be a panther it could be as stated in the article a hybrid cat and its wild.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to bigmurds)
Post #: 132
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 12:16:24 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: darko18

It just looks like an ordinary moggy to me. Either that or it's one helluva big train track.

Its clearly not a big train track they aren`t bigger in size in Scotland as far as I know. Honestly even when the evidence is staring people in the face they deny it there`s no convincing some people.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to darko18)
Post #: 133
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 12:18:39 PM   
superdan

Panthers (leopards) do often walk with their tails in the air, supposedly its a sign of non-aggression or something.

I generally have little to no time for all this sort of bunk, but I don't see why big cats roaming Britain is unlikely. There were hundreds of big cat owners in the early to mid 1900's (my dad had a teacher who used to bring his pet cheetah into class), it seems entirely plausible that some would have been released/escaped and bred in the wild.

Post #: 134
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 12:38:35 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Panthers (leopards) do often walk with their tails in the air, supposedly its a sign of non-aggression or something.

I generally have little to no time for all this sort of bunk, but I don't see why big cats roaming Britain is unlikely. There were hundreds of big cat owners in the early to mid 1900's (my dad had a teacher who used to bring his pet cheetah into class), it seems entirely plausible that some would have been released/escaped and bred in the wild.

Absolutely. Some pics of so called big cats are fakes of course but I`m convinced there are big cats in the UK. Superdan I have to say though I`m surprised a teacher would have been allowed to bring a pet cheetah into class even if it was tame!

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 135
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 1:09:08 PM   
bigmurds

perhaps its a model railway.

Ok i agree that when the trade in big cats was prolific there would have been a lot that got released or escaped. But ( and i reckon its a big one) what are the chances of either a massive Cheets/panther/lion letting a mangy ole street urchin of a cat get up on its back and do the matrimonial thing or b a female domestic cat taking the meat? As there is pretty much no chance of 2 of the same species bumping into each other and getting it on.

< Message edited by bigmurds -- 29/7/2009 1:10:16 PM >

MY BRIAN IS FINE.......

ROCK AND ROLL

Edward Norton is never going to be Brandon Lee

Post #: 136
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 1:38:31 PM   
superdan

I don't think its impossible, thats all I'm saying. In their natural habitats they are spread over huge distances but manage to meet up for a quickie  Siberian tigers for example, there may only be 300-400 in the wild spread over an area of Russia approx. 156,000 sq km. Thats bigger than England and Wales combined.

Interestingly, leopards are amongst the most prolific and successful of the big cats so I can easily believe they may be surviving over here

Oh, and CC - its mental about the teacher innit? Apparently it was entirely tame, but everyone would shit themselves anyway. The teacher would come in with the cheetah trotting alongside on a big-ass chain, and just sit by his desk all lesson. This was about 50 or 60 years ago, anything went in the classroom in those days

(in reply to bigmurds)
Post #: 137
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 29/7/2009 1:50:48 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The Gable Footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0FixIHPvIM

As far as I can tell this one still has yet to be explained. Could be a hoax but whatever is running at the cameraman moves like a big anaimal. Could be a deformed bear, but does bear a resemblence to an ape.

Thought I would update on this one. Here is the complete video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGONEuH5u24

It was intially released three years ago. Last week a new piece of footage, from what appears to be a crime scene was released showing the aftermath of the attack. I won't put a link in here cause it is a bit gory, but if you type Gable Film 2 into youtube you should be able to find it. It all happened in the 1970s apparantly.

I have my suspicons about it being real, or more to the point, even if it was from the 1970s it could still be a fake. If it is real then it may be a bear attack. Whatever it is, the online cyptozoology community has taken it on.

If it is fake I am pretty impressed. To get the right camera, truck, unforms etc. And then to wait three years between videos.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 138
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 13/11/2009 8:41:28 AM   
Timon

Now what the hell is this?!

< Message edited by Timon -- 13/11/2009 8:42:38 AM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 139
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 13/11/2009 9:12:05 AM   
sharkboy

Looks like a big fucking snake to me

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 140
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 13/11/2009 10:07:40 AM   
grucl

quote:

Another big cat sighting filmed this time. Unless they`ve used cgi this has to be a wild black big cat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8172064.stm?ls

This looks a bit like the black panther spotted at the border of Germany and Belgium last week:

Post #: 141
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/3/2010 10:36:52 AM   
Timon

http://www.cracked.com/article_18445_7-thankfully-extinct-giant-versions-modern-animals.html

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 142
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/3/2010 10:41:14 AM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Well, this is awkward...... this is one of my ex's......

Why did you date a blobfish?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 143
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/3/2010 1:35:33 PM   
steflon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5cRE2xqR7Y

some music to aid you cryptozoologists

www.twitter.com/Steflon
http://onedayiwillhavehenchmen.blogspot.com/

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
we can roam these vast Empire halls as awesome Stefs.

ORIGINAL: hiptobesquare_x
'and that's why Steflon is all kinds of awesome.'

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 144
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 10/3/2010 7:05:31 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Look behind you! A three headed monkey!

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to steflon)
Post #: 145
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 12/3/2010 8:35:48 AM   
Snake-Eyes

THYLACINE a.k.a. Tasmanian Tiger.... Snake-Eyes wants one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdFFkabyZk

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 146
RE: 1200kg Shark caught - 16/4/2010 3:50:46 PM   
Timon

FUCK!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1040089/1200kg-shark-heads-to-queensland

< Message edited by Timon -- 16/4/2010 3:51:09 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 147
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/4/2010 3:55:45 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

THYLACINE a.k.a. Tasmanian Tiger.... Snake-Eyes wants one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdFFkabyZk

Good link to the 1973 footage on there. That looks like a possibility. Hope they're still around. Poor buggers.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 148
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/4/2010 4:05:55 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmurds

Standard fluffy cats aren`t that size and don`t look like that. I wouldn`t know whether panthers move with there tails in the air or not. He did toddle down the rail track look at the video the size maybe incorrect but this isn`t a standard cat its bigger than that. It may not be a panther it could be as stated in the article a hybrid cat and its wild.

Just saw this, it's actually only the domestic cat that can hold its tail in the air while it walks. All other cats hold their tail perpendicular. Unless they're a Manx cat.

That's me that is!

Post #: 149
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 21/4/2010 10:12:23 AM   
Timon

Giant scorpions!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8632427.stm

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI