Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Cryptozoology Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 4:38:42 PM   
Woger

The tribes around the Nazca area used organic LSD type drugs during rituals, after taking the drugs they would start to trip and part of the halluciniation was that they felt they were flying so one hypothesis is that these drawings were made to be visible from the air to aid in these rituals. Erich von Daniken would disagree though.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 91
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 4:39:11 PM   
benny the jet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

For a giggle? No-one ever thinks that extra terrestrials have a sense of humour. It would explain why they insist on only kidnapping rednecks from America's deep South.

I've often thought the same. They're probably just teenagers with access to their mum's spaceship

That means we only have thirty minutes to get you up that tree

I fucking love tea. Its my favourite drink after coffee and alcohol

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=585511933

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 92
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 4:41:16 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

The tribes around the Nazca area used organic LSD type drugs during rituals, after taking the drugs they would start to trip and part of the halluciniation was that they felt they were flying so one hypothesis is that these drawings were made to be visible from the air to aid in these rituals. Erich von Daniken would disagree though.

von Daniken once made a claim I believe that you could prove that aliens visited past cultures because there were pictures of skeletons in cave drawings. How was this possible, he reasoned, without the use of an X-Ray machine?

Errrr....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 93
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 4:45:28 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

von Daniken once made a claim I believe that you could prove that aliens visited past cultures because there were pictures of skeletons in cave drawings. How was this possible, he reasoned, without the use of an X-Ray machine?

Errrr....

Wait till bodies decomposed?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 94
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 4:49:46 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

quote:

Errrr....

Wait till bodies decomposed?

Yeah. That was what the "errrrr.." was for

That and I'm pretty sure there were plenty of wars in those days. The human body would have been one of the topics they will have had a degree of knowledge on.

Here is a mystery for you all - The Dyatlov Pass Incident. The case remains unsolved. The best the Russians can do is say that the deaths were the result of an "Unknown force".

Freaky stuff. Check it out -

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1562/the-dyatlov-pass-incident.html

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 95
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 4:53:30 PM   
Woger

Not a great picture but in this carving it is claimed (by von Danikenites) that an Aztec is sitting in a space ship cockpit.
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/gallery/displaycomments.php?pos=-1555

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 96
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 5:07:29 PM   
Baby Bear

Guys, for shits n giggles, just Google the Dogons ( oh er, missus!).

I'd Google for you, but I'm rushing around like a maniac trying to gget ready to go out ( but still having my fix of Empire........ )

It's an ancient culture that was aware of Sirius B before scientist " discovered  " it ! And you can't see it without the aid of the new telescopes...................

The patterns and symbols and stories they tell match up to aliens having visited Earth a long time ago................

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 97
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 5:14:28 PM   
Woger

Is that the African tribe? We're now getting itno Graham Hancock/Robert Bauval territory, they don't go for the Von Daniken/alian stuff but more for civilisations predating Egypt etc and these civilisations passing on information to Aztecz, Egyptians, Inca ets and conncections can be seen between each civilisation and they were also inn tune with astronomy. Interesting but more than likely coincedence and selective interpretation.

- - -

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 98
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 5:31:58 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

Here is a mystery for you all - The Dyatlov Pass Incident. The case remains unsolved. The best the Russians can do is say that the deaths were the result of an "Unknown force".

Well, it doesn't seem like that much of a mystery to me. It sounds like there is a mystery being forced upon the story though!

Could a bear be an explanation for this?

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 99
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 5:45:06 PM   
Baby Bear

I have an alibi.....................

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 100
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 5:46:41 PM   
Baby Bear

quote:

Is that the African tribe? We're now getting itno Graham Hancock/Robert Bauval territory, they don't go for the Von Daniken/alian stuff but more for civilisations predating Egypt etc and these civilisations passing on information to Aztecz, Egyptians, Inca ets and conncections can be seen between each civilisation and they were also inn tune with astronomy. Interesting but more than likely coincedence and selective interpretation.

Yep. You would LOVE my library! It's full of books like these................

Wil would be horrified.............

lympo :

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 101
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:09:34 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baby Bear

quote:

Yep. You would LOVE my library! It's full of books like these................

Wil would be horrified.............

I'd be willing to overlook it but only because it's you, BB!

Now, that was smooooooth!!!

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 102
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:13:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

Well, it doesn't seem like that much of a mystery to me. It sounds like there is a mystery being forced upon the story though!

Could a bear be an explanation for this?

Well I think there are enough things about the case that merit a second look. I for one wouldn't say there was a supernatual element to it - you may be surpirsed but I am similar to yourself. Just like reading these mysteries because I doubt an explanation will come forward. 

I think the "aliens helped build ancient civillisations" is pure bunk, I can't hate it too much-  it was those books that inspired Battlestar Galatica. So some  good DID come out of it all.

On the downside we also got AvP, but you can't win all of them.

I think as long as you have a healthy skepticism for these things it can be fun - but I would like to think we haven't discovered everything in nature yet. Indeed we are finding creatures living in depths and tempertures once thought to be impossible.

Here is an archaeological one for you Wilbert. You may have heard of it

http://www.mendhak.com/84-mystery-of-the-oak-island-treasure.aspx

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 23/2/2009 6:15:19 PM >

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 103
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:16:14 PM   
Woger

Oak Island was the work of Templars, isn't everything?

- - -

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 104
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:19:09 PM   
Baby Bear

There have been a couple of great documentaries on Discovery about this!

The guy is sinking more and more money into the project. I think it's become less about the treasure and more about the fact he is consumed by the hunt and being correct about the money being there all along..................

lympo :

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 105
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:20:23 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

Never heard of that one. I'd be more inclined to believe it if there were more than maps and sketches there. Although it seems totally plausible.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 106
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:21:03 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

There have been a couple of great documentaries on Discovery about this!

The guy is sinking more and more money into the project. I think it's become less about the treasure and more about the fact he is consumed by the hunt and being correct about the money being there all along..................

I have seen one or two of those. The amount of money being spent on digging a rather large hole when it is likely whatever was contained in it was washed out to sea a long time ago will mean a big dash of dissappointment for the guy.

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 23/2/2009 6:22:51 PM >

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 107
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:22:11 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Never heard of that one. I'd be more inclined to believe it if there were more than maps and sketches there. Although it seems totally plausible.

http://www.unmuseum.org/oakisl.htm

There are a couple of maps and pictures on this page.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 108
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:23:33 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

quote:

Again with the maps and drawings! How about some photos?!?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 109
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 23/2/2009 6:28:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Again with the maps and drawings! How about some photos?!?

There are two photos on that page! What you want from me? Blood!

Here - part one of a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw2E3xwO_M4

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 110
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 24/2/2009 8:28:41 PM   
Deviation

quote:

I need to have that particular hybrid photo-shopped, Dev................. please?

When I learn to use photoshop and some similar program, I'll send to you, or better, I'll send the actual thing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 111
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 24/2/2009 9:00:26 PM   
Grunny

Monster Biscuit

As an enthusiast of cryptozoology, I was excited this morning to try the Monster Biscuit, a breakfast sandwich from 7-Eleven. But what kind of monster? I wondered. Griffin? Chupacabra? Too impatient to wait until I got to my office, I scanned the ingredient list for what monster (or monsters!) I'd be eating.

I wasn't familiar with any monsters on the list: propyl gallate, apocarotenal, erythorbate (which is probably a man-eating earthworm, don't you think?). There was an ingredient called "bha," which might be a dragon-snake or something from India, but mostly Monster Biscuit was made out of stuff like cottonseed oil, corn-syrup solids, artificial flavors, and pork.

Undeterred, I tried Monster Biscuit when I got to work. I'm no expert, but I'd say that Monster Biscuit has the mellow gaminess of yeti and the mouthfeel of Tennessee wampus cat, with more than a hint of skunk ape in its bouquet.

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 112
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 24/2/2009 10:32:35 PM   
themightyhutch

quote:

Guys, for shits n giggles, just Google the Dogons ( oh er, missus!).

I'd Google for you, but I'm rushing around like a maniac trying to gget ready to go out ( but still having my fix of Empire........ )

It's an ancient culture that was aware of Sirius B before scientist " discovered  " it ! And you can't see it without the aid of the new telescopes...................

The patterns and symbols and stories they tell match up to aliens having visited Earth a long time ago................

Ahh the Dogons and the Annunaki. I know this story well. It's interesting, if not completely ridiculous.

I like this thread. It's gone from cryptozoology to conspiracy theories, both of which I find fascinating.

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 113
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 27/2/2009 3:29:47 PM   
Cruisecontroller

I haven`t read this whole thread yet so apologies if this link has been mentioned but this is a link to some interesting info on Big Cats in the UK. There have been sightings of one near where I live in South Mimms just off the M25 Junction 24. It wouldn`t surprise me if there are big cats that have escaped from private collections before they were banned in the 70`s by law or from zoos/safari parks that have mated.

http://www.bigcats.org.uk/pantherweb2.html#THE

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 114
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 9/3/2009 12:57:04 AM   
Wilbert

Check out this dude!
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/02/photogalleries/fish-transparent-head-barreleye-picture/index.html

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 115
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 9/3/2009 8:14:32 AM   
Baby Bear

Freaky!

lympo :

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 116
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 9/3/2009 1:50:27 PM   
bigmurds

wonder what they taste like with chips and mushy peas?

I think if I had to choose a mythical animal for a monster sandwich then i think i would have to go for a bit of Yeti with maybe a side order of leprochaun.

MY BRIAN IS FINE.......

ROCK AND ROLL

Edward Norton is never going to be Brandon Lee

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 117
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/3/2009 3:23:37 PM   
Cruisecontroller

This a link to David Attenborough recently interviewed by Johnathan Ross about whether he thinks The Loch Ness Monster and the Yeti exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGQgN7XzPN0

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 118
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/3/2009 3:29:32 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

This a link to David Attenborough recently interviewed by Johnathan Ross about whether he thinks The Loch Ness Monster and the Yeti exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGQgN7XzPN0

Can't watch it at work, what did he say? I think I saw in another interview where he said that he is open to their existence.
On an Irish radio station they do a segemnt which looks (ie mocks) at regional newspapers and there was a story about someone in Kerry who saw a black beast. It had the head of a dog with the legs of a
dog

- - -

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 119
RE: The Cryptozoology Thread - 16/3/2009 3:42:41 PM   
Timon

Some TV crew in Canada last Nov claimed this was Ogopogo...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Cryptozoology Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI