Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film - 13/2/2009 1:38:37 PM   
TruDru

Does anyone have any idea about the Third Installment of the Mortal Kombat Movie Franchise? Is it still coming out? It's been about 12 Years since Annihilation, and 14 Years since the Original. Can anyone tell me whether, or not the Film will be out? Too many Rumours of this one has surfaced, and I need some str8 answers.
Post #: 1
RE: Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film - 13/2/2009 1:42:56 PM   
Tech_Noir

Heard rumours a while back, I think there's potential still there.

Some of the characters back-stories always interested me as a kid, specifically Sub-Zero and Scorpian. Wasn't Sub-Zero an assassin or something who killed Scoripain's family.

Just make it dark and gritty, lots of mafia angles and a supernatural twist. No tournament needed.

(in reply to TruDru)
Post #: 2
RE: Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film - 13/2/2009 2:00:37 PM   
LEEJGM

Scorpion believed that Sub-Zero killed his family but it was later revealed to be Quan Chi (I think).  Anyway, I heard that the 3rd movie was squashed some time ago and a reboot is on the cards instead.  MK always had potential as the imagination put into it really is sonething else, but y'know, it's a videogame film so we all know how it will turn out. 
I still think the first Mortal Kombat is the best film based on a videogame so far - althought that's not saying much.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 3
RE: Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film - 15/2/2009 1:13:07 PM   
losthighway

If a reboot is on the cards, they seriously need to up the gore and get that 18 certificate that the adaptation/game deserves. The onyl good thing about the original MK was tha Utah Saints soundtrack during the opening credits!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 4
RE: Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film - 15/2/2009 1:28:24 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

I still think the first Mortal Kombat is the best film based on a videogame so far - althought that's not saying much.

Nah, Doom all the way!

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 5
RE: Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film - 15/2/2009 6:35:39 PM   
ky

I always thought the fight between Scorpion and Johnny Cage was cool - mostly thanks to the fact that they had him shout 'get over here!' when he unleashes his spear-on-a-rope (no phallic jokes!), just like in the game.

Thought Raiden could have kept his hat - not like Lambert's crazy white wig was much more dignified.

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Upcoming Mortal Kombat 3: Devastation Film Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI