Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: HES BACK

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: HES BACK Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: HES BACK - 12/2/2009 8:51:17 PM   
ondara73

not shouting!just on blocks..so everyones slated this already on 1.43 seconds of footage!!sad people!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 61
RE: HES BACK - 12/2/2009 10:03:42 PM   
sanchia

Not sad just with Tarantino's recent output (in fact since Jackie Brown) pragmatic.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to ondara73)
Post #: 62
RE: HES BACK - 13/2/2009 12:13:36 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Tarantino had credibility then flushed it all down the toilet of his own volition. His name will never have the same spark that it had when attached to movies ten years ago or more. His recent output has been bad, bad, bad. He could buck this trend, but i strongly doubt it, as i literally couldn't believe just how awful Death Proof was. 

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 63
RE: HES SHIT - 13/2/2009 12:19:29 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Ok just watched it, didn't realise BJ Novak was in this , yeah i agree with the general consensus (for once) it looks shit

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 64
RE: HES SHIT - 13/2/2009 12:22:21 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA: 'You haven't seen war until you've seen it through the eyes of Quentin Tarantino' has to be the most unintentionally funny quote in a trailer EVER. Yeah i'm sure all of those who have lived through war have been dying for tarantino to come along and make a movie about it. 

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 65
- 13/2/2009 1:39:23 AM   
markasmarv

What is that cunt Eli Roth doing near this movie?? And yes Pitts accent is dire. But im going to reserve judgement till i see a bit more..it may surprise us all and be a satire!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 66
RE: - 13/2/2009 1:36:32 PM   
broonie

Just because a trailer looks crap to some people, doesn't mean it will be a poor film. How many time have you seen an excellent trailer for a film just to be let down when you actually see the film? It's great in a way that we can all slag off a trailer/movie/whatever from the safety of a PC terminal, myself included. But I have to say lately some Empire Forumites (mostly newbies with about 2 or 3 posts) are fast becoming like the asswipe forumites that can be found on IMDb.

< Message edited by broonie -- 13/2/2009 1:37:24 PM >

Do you want to run this ship?
Yes!
Well,...you cant!

(in reply to markasmarv)
Post #: 67
Interested - 13/2/2009 2:07:46 PM   
SolarDave

Apart from that god awful tagline "You haven't seen war..." it seems ok. Brad Pitt's accent isn't that bad, I can't really judge Eli Roth as all he seems to do in the trailer is look like Sylar's brother and looks like it could be a fun film. Can't go wrong with a pissy Hitler either.

Post #: 68
- 13/2/2009 3:25:07 PM   
matm00

From anyone else I'd be worried, but from Tarantino I'll reserve judgement until I've seen a bit.

Post #: 69
Well... - 13/2/2009 3:47:03 PM   
moviemaniac-7

It looks to me like an exploitation, Tarantino wet-dream parody of the movies made in the 1960s (Great Escape, Guns of Navarone, Dirty Dozen). I was hesitant about this one, but the Hitler-for-comedy thing (nein, nein, nein, nein) was a bit too much and leaves me with the conclusion that Tarantino is past his prime & should be left in the 1990s, when he was cool.

Post #: 70
i think - 13/2/2009 4:40:58 PM   
nel_1991

it looks amazin!!!!
i love tarantino's work and have faith that this will be another classic
can't believe that people are sayin it looks crap on the basis of the trailer
well i cant wait for it to come out and thought that the trailer was fab
funny when Hitler did the nein thing!!!!!

Post #: 71
- 13/2/2009 5:28:45 PM   
darkside84

Not convinced yet, Pitt has no presence and that accent is just fucking tedious. And why oh why is Eli Roth acting in this? Can't act for shit, worst thing in the appalling Deathproof. Probably a matter of arselicking

Post #: 72
Looks great - 13/2/2009 6:34:08 PM   
circe1202

I'm not a fan of Quentin Tarnatino, but this trailer looks great! As soon as the movie hits the theater, I'll be there.

Post #: 73
Looks good but... - 14/2/2009 8:54:58 AM   
leroythemasochist

Totally agree with Donovan. I don't really think REAL veterans need some ex-video store employee brought up on comic books and kung fu movies to show them how it 'really was'. But then I doubt that's what QT is aiming for. He's after a Dirty Dozen with extra gore I think and by the looks of it, he's on his way.
This will not be in competition with Saving Private Ryan as that is a very different type of movie. QT's going for the teenage boy version of war. Less war is hell, more like War is actually quite a good laugh and you'll never get shot and you'll never run out of ammo!
It could be good fun or it could leave a nasty taste in your mouth.
I'll go see it, think Pitt is great, have no reservations about Eli Roth (don't think he really deserves to be called a c***t, does he?) so I'll leave Mrs Masochist at home and see what's what when it comes out.

Post #: 74
hmm - 14/2/2009 9:15:09 AM   
The_Commando

looks fun, dont take it too seriously tho. i too was reminded of the dirty dozen, and the machine gun-running thing was just silly .

Post #: 75
- 14/2/2009 11:37:12 AM   
jedi_theforce

i agree about the trailer thing, not being a representation of the movie (WANTED anyone??) that was an excellent trailer, and a dire movie, anyway,
This looks very promising, it makes me laugh when people say it looks ridiculous, or that veterans comment just now, and think, do you really think that those people are who the movie is aimed at???
this movie is pure fantasy just like Dogs or Sin City, and i for one think that it looks fantastic. The dialogue is good, the visuals look quality, and although the normal tarantino bashers will obvoiusly hate it (as they would whatever was released) I think it will be a return to form after the less than great Death Proof.

Post #: 76
RE: Jackie Brown was the last great QT film then.... - 15/2/2009 2:25:18 AM   
kinge247

quote:

ORIGINAL: fiercehairdo

This doesn't look at all promising.
Mass slaughter of unquestionable bad guys in imaginative set pieces for no purpose other than adolescent thrills.
Great?...Yawn.

Sounds bloody fantastic to me!  I can't wait. Love QT, even Death Proof.

(in reply to fiercehairdo)
Post #: 77
RE: How is this film not banned? - 15/2/2009 2:28:10 AM   
kinge247

quote:

ORIGINAL: belloq

Only Tarantino would make a film so anti-Nazi! Yes they did terrible things, but it's well and truly over. This is a dark episode of history, but it was over 60 years ago! Get over it! What must the Germans think, being remeinded of this time and time again. Killing Nazis shouldn't be glamourised which is evidently all Tarantino is interested in, besides expanding his already massive ego. Shame on you Empire, for not picking up on this.

I'm sorry but this is something that should never be forgotten. People should be reminded all the time so the level of atrocity committed by those evil Nazi bastards is never repeated.

(in reply to belloq)
Post #: 78
RE: A DISAPPOINTING FIRST TEASER FROM QT! - 15/2/2009 2:32:54 AM   
kinge247

quote:

ORIGINAL: John_Connor

As a teaser, this really disappoints! I don't find it, at all easy, to believe in Brad Pitt's character. He doesn't seem convincing on any level; the accent is off, the physical delivery is off, and his level of sincerity, definitely, is off!

On a technical level, the teaser is lacking, also. The cutting between image and text is not tight enough. There is most definitely a lack of audio effects - in the right places! We start off with some nice ones, however, as the trailer progresses, they seem few-and-far between. Not sure whether this was intentional, but it just doesn't work. I can see why there's a jarring cut into the "NEIN NEIN NEIN" shot, but it doesn't deliver, the way it should have. Perhaps it's something to do with the build up, of the trailer, itself. If Sally Menke cut this trailer, then she needs a good-spank! Personally, I reckon, Robert Rodriguez should have cut this. In fact, he should cut all of QT's trailers. I bet he would have kicked-some-ass with the audio effects and thus put some life into this so-called teaser!

I'm a big QT fan, but, at the end of the day, if he f***s up as a Director, he should be told. Just like, if he does something well, he should be praised. It's all fair, that way. The actual movie could be amazing, which I surely hope it is, but this doesn't excuse the fact that Tarantino has tried to make a really commercial trailer after the box office failure of DP. He just didn't pull it off. It's just what I think, really.

I think your wrong.  That is one of the best trailers I've seen for a long time.  Absolutely hilarious. Go and read the script, it reads like a winner to me.

(in reply to John_Connor)
Post #: 79
RE: A DISAPPOINTING FIRST TEASER FROM QT! - 15/2/2009 4:15:41 PM   
kargon

quote:

ORIGINAL: kinge247

quote:

ORIGINAL: John_Connor

As a teaser, this really disappoints! I don't find it, at all easy, to believe in Brad Pitt's character. He doesn't seem convincing on any level; the accent is off, the physical delivery is off, and his level of sincerity, definitely, is off!

On a technical level, the teaser is lacking, also. The cutting between image and text is not tight enough. There is most definitely a lack of audio effects - in the right places! We start off with some nice ones, however, as the trailer progresses, they seem few-and-far between. Not sure whether this was intentional, but it just doesn't work. I can see why there's a jarring cut into the "NEIN NEIN NEIN" shot, but it doesn't deliver, the way it should have. Perhaps it's something to do with the build up, of the trailer, itself. If Sally Menke cut this trailer, then she needs a good-spank! Personally, I reckon, Robert Rodriguez should have cut this. In fact, he should cut all of QT's trailers. I bet he would have kicked-some-ass with the audio effects and thus put some life into this so-called teaser!

I'm a big QT fan, but, at the end of the day, if he f***s up as a Director, he should be told. Just like, if he does something well, he should be praised. It's all fair, that way. The actual movie could be amazing, which I surely hope it is, but this doesn't excuse the fact that Tarantino has tried to make a really commercial trailer after the box office failure of DP. He just didn't pull it off. It's just what I think, really.

I think your wrong.  That is one of the best trailers I've seen for a long time.  Absolutely hilarious. Go and read the script, it reads like a winner to me.

I think someone's taking the trailer too seriously.

I thought it looked like it could be okay. I am a fan of Tarantino but started getting bored with Kill Bill onwards

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to kinge247)
Post #: 80
Oh dear.... - 15/2/2009 7:16:29 PM   
Col.Dax

Hitler looks like the one from Russ Meyer's 'UP!' Hahah - Certainly not a worthy Hollywood attempt at WW2, which I imagine is still a sensitive subject for the surviving generations who expect respectful portrayals of the war, not to mention the critics who I think are going to want to trash it for that very reason. So I imagine this is going to cause alot of offense and probably not in a good way....Tarantino seems to be getting stupider with his movies...

All that aside, it does look like fun - and probably a bit of a guilty pleasure...

Post #: 81
anti fucking nazi? seriously? - 16/2/2009 3:39:19 PM   
mallas11

looks like a classic in the making.

Post #: 82
anti fucking nazi? seriously? - 16/2/2009 3:42:11 PM   
mallas11

this looks like a classic in the making. boohoo if its nasty to nazi's i think there are 6 million reasons why this shouldnt be banned. the day we forget what happened is the the day it will happen again.

Post #: 83
hes back part 2 - 16/2/2009 8:21:34 PM   
ondara73

i have now watched this trailer for the umptenth time and it just gets better!!!all these people on here moaning about sets,lighting,tarantino being anti german.god,shut up!!I WANT TO BE CRUEL TO THE GERMAN!!HAHAHA.at least its not another remake or superheroe movie.you have no idea how good this will be!all you tarantino believers...GET READY FOR THOSE NAZI SCALPS!

Post #: 84
RE: hes back part 2 - 17/2/2009 10:13:59 AM   
JIm R

Effectively QT is a 9 year old boy trapped in a mid 40's body and that is how he sees WW2 so as a result this the film you get from that thought process.

(in reply to ondara73)
Post #: 85
- 22/2/2009 7:41:58 AM   
delo21

Looks ok!! What happend to Eric Roth and Michael Madsen????I read about them being in this film a long time ago. eli Roth sucks cock,he cant act for shit!!The small part he had in Death Proof was awful. The film is suppose to be this great epic he's been writting for a long time but it sounds like a DIRTY DOZEN RIP OFF. Also the girl Sasha out for revenge is too close to Kill Bill.

QT ACTS LIKE HES THE GREATEST DIRECTOR EVER BUT HE'S NOT!!!

Post #: 86
- 22/2/2009 7:42:53 AM   
delo21

Looks ok!! What happend to Eric Roth and Michael Madsen????I read about them being in this film a long time ago. eli Roth sucks cock,he cant act for shit!!The small part he had in Death Proof was awful. The film is suppose to be this great epic he's been writting for a long time but it sounds like a DIRTY DOZEN RIP OFF. Also the girl Sasha out for revenge is too close to Kill Bill.

QT ACTS LIKE HES THE GREATEST DIRECTOR EVER BUT HE'S NOT!!!

Post #: 87
Looks Awsome!!! - 23/2/2009 6:25:25 PM   
Mr_Mikey_Y

I think this film look bloody brilliant!! Violent, exciting, and already showing off some memorable lines! I even am not bothered about Eli Roth being in it. I worked out today that in Death Proof he seemed to just be playing himself, where as here he is actually playing a character, and he has that mental look about him (and judging by his films the mind of a psychopath) that could work really well for his character. So I say give him a chance and reserve your judgement till you see the film, or at least till a more complete trailer is released.

Post #: 88
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: HES BACK Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI