Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Inglourious Basterds Trailer Now Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Inglourious Basterds Trailer Now Online Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inglourious Basterds Trailer Now Online - 12/2/2009 8:33:07 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Nazis are wearing thin - 12/2/2009 8:33:07 AM   
Silvertouch

It's becoming an exploitation genre

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Indeed - 12/2/2009 8:36:33 AM   
Mikkel Drewsen

Yeah, I must say this trailer wasn't what I'd hoped for... Although yes, Pitt seems to be having a laugh..

Post #: 3
Nay-sayers (yawn...) - 12/2/2009 8:40:38 AM   
ashescartman

This looks really good to me. Why do people lately just automatically pointlessly winge every time a new trailer comes out? To those moaners, I ask: how could Tarantino have made this trailer better? Should he have had UFOs in Nazi-occupied France? Lighten up, for God's sake!

Post #: 4
- 12/2/2009 9:23:02 AM   
Vitku

Doesn't look very promising. Will still see it though.

Post #: 5
- 12/2/2009 9:30:03 AM   
chapmancmc

Doesn't look promising? You kidding me?
That looks like a whole dirty great heap of fun! Bring it on!

Post #: 6
so, is Pitt on in one scene? - 12/2/2009 9:33:14 AM   
Hughezy

from that trailer it seems like he's only around once!

and i can't wait for this film to get pushed back, just like all QT films.

Post #: 7
RE: so, is Pitt on in one scene? - 12/2/2009 9:47:37 AM   
CORLEONE

Looks great fun. Will be watching.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Hughezy)
Post #: 8
RE: so, is Pitt on in one scene? - 12/2/2009 9:54:36 AM   
morg1138

Is this posted anywhere else, my works Websense has blocked the yahoo feed, ARGH!!!!!

We've got to start thinking beyond our guns. Those days are closin' fast.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 9
Shat it!!! - 12/2/2009 10:01:10 AM   
Gaschau

This is Tarantino we have to do with here. Does he ever disappoint? So to you negative non believers, shut up and wait with your negative comments til after you have seen it... For me, can't f... wait!!!

Post #: 10
- 12/2/2009 10:08:46 AM   
shawshank prisoner

YEAHHHHHHHHH! Good Trailer, that...

Post #: 11
RE: - 12/2/2009 10:11:16 AM   
richCie

that looks wicked :P

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to shawshank prisoner)
Post #: 12
- 12/2/2009 10:24:53 AM   
D.J

Even though Death Proof stank, this looks like it will be excellent.

Hopefully QT is back to his best.

Post #: 13
Jackie Brown was the last great QT film then.... - 12/2/2009 10:32:40 AM   
fiercehairdo

This doesn't look at all promising.
Mass slaughter of unquestionable bad guys in imaginative set pieces for no purpose other than adolescent thrills.
Great?...Yawn.

Post #: 14
How is this film not banned? - 12/2/2009 10:32:59 AM   
belloq

Only Tarantino would make a film so anti-Nazi! Yes they did terrible things, but it's well and truly over. This is a dark episode of history, but it was over 60 years ago! Get over it! What must the Germans think, being remeinded of this time and time again. Killing Nazis shouldn't be glamourised which is evidently all Tarantino is interested in, besides expanding his already massive ego. Shame on you Empire, for not picking up on this.

Post #: 15
How is this film not banned? - 12/2/2009 10:35:26 AM   
belloq

Only Tarantino would make a film so anti-Nazi! Yes they did terrible things, but it's well and truly over. This is a dark episode of history, but it was over 60 years ago! Get over it! What must the Germans think, being remeinded of this time and time again. Killing Nazis shouldn't be glamourised which is evidently all Tarantino is interested in, besides expanding his already massive ego. Shame on you Empire, for not picking up on this.

Post #: 16
QT has lost the plot - 12/2/2009 11:12:36 AM   
ciaran_ire81

QT's gotten worse and worse and this looks complete and utter dogshite. As soon as I seen that clown Eli Roth's face in the the trailer I said to myself 'Thats enough',what a load of plop. Fuckin teeny bopper nerdy tripe, QT will you ever go back and do something along the lines of Reservoir Dogs instead of coming up with this muck, thats great, thanks.

Post #: 17
belloq - 12/2/2009 11:13:59 AM   
butters411

Its a movie. If you dont like it, dont watch it. Not everyone is worried about the idiots out there who cant separate fact from fiction. No one is holding a gun to the heads of those who might be offended by this to go and watch it.

Shame on you for thinking that you are the judge and jury of what is morally acceptable.

Post #: 18
- 12/2/2009 11:14:20 AM   
drunkmunky33

this just looks like tarantino having fun, which isa probably when he's at his best. does seem like pitts just goin through the motions a bit tho but we'll see. definately a marmite film tho! your gonna love it or hate it.

Post #: 19
re: How is this film not banned? - 12/2/2009 11:17:19 AM   
Dr Science

Beloq - you're a nailed-on wrong-un. There's no charter of social responsibility that film-makers have to adhere to. Next you'll be bleating about how wrong it is to show the Romans conquering most of Europe - what must the modern italians think? And the poor wittle English so misrepresented in Braveheart. And all those poor Martians constantly being stereotyped as evil ray-gun wielding enslavers of humanity - no wonder they don't want to talk to us! And while we're at it what about snakes and sharks and lions - I mean they're just trying to feed themselves and their families - what about all of the good work they do for evolution? Have a word with yourself - Nazis being scalped by american jews behind enemy lines is a stone-cold awesome idea for a movie. I bet it goes down a storm in Germany - you know most germans hate the Nazis too?

Post #: 20
RE: re: How is this film not banned? - 12/2/2009 11:20:35 AM   
CORLEONE

Well said Doc.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Dr Science)
Post #: 21
A DISAPPOINTING FIRST TEASER FROM QT! - 12/2/2009 11:26:01 AM   
John_Connor

As a teaser, this really disappoints! I don't find it, at all easy, to believe in Brad Pitt's character. He doesn't seem convincing on any level; the accent is off, the physical delivery is off, and his level of sincerity, definitely, is off!

On a technical level, the teaser is lacking, also. The cutting between image and text is not tight enough. There is most definitely a lack of audio effects - in the right places! We start off with some nice ones, however, as the trailer progresses, they seem few-and-far between. Not sure whether this was intentional, but it just doesn't work. I can see why there's a jarring cut into the "NEIN NEIN NEIN" shot, but it doesn't deliver, the way it should have. Perhaps it's something to do with the build up, of the trailer, itself. If Sally Menke cut this trailer, then she needs a good-spank! Personally, I reckon, Robert Rodriguez should have cut this. In fact, he should cut all of QT's trailers. I bet he would have kicked-some-ass with the audio effects and thus put some life into this so-called teaser!

I'm a big QT fan, but, at the end of the day, if he f***s up as a Director, he should be told. Just like, if he does something well, he should be praised. It's all fair, that way. The actual movie could be amazing, which I surely hope it is, but this doesn't excuse the fact that Tarantino has tried to make a really commercial trailer after the box office failure of DP. He just didn't pull it off. It's just what I think, really.

Post #: 22
RE: re: How is this film not banned? - 12/2/2009 11:27:22 AM   
Beno

Too early to tell from that Trailer what its going to be like fully although strangely i got hint's that Pitt was doing some kind of Tarantino mickey take . It was in the way he moved and a certain something in the voice , not an impersonation but ..... something .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 23
pfft... - 12/2/2009 11:35:52 AM   
staypuft2

there's not a lot there that appeals to me. looks like another arrogant, self indulgent tarantino film that thinks it's cooler than it actually is... the visuals were flat and there was very little in the way of exciting production values. i guess we'll wait and see...

Post #: 24
RE: Inglourious Basterds Trailer Now Online - 12/2/2009 11:41:55 AM   
pauljeremiah

looks good, can't wait to see this.

Post #: 25
Couldn't agree more staypuft2... - 12/2/2009 11:51:07 AM   
Maca007

More B movie dialogue for a remake of someone else's interpretation of The Dirty Dozen...not an original bone in sight. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were A1, Jackie Brown was a solid, smaller picture, Kill Bill 1 & 2 were utter, self indulgent tripe and Death Proof is one of the worst films I have EVER seen, overlong and about nothing! He's fucking lost it why can't he return to what he's good at? It works for Scorsese...i've no problem with Directors being formulaic as long as their movies are good.

Post #: 26
RE: Couldn't agree more staypuft2... - 12/2/2009 11:57:41 AM   
Drone

Looking forward to this, and I hate QT.  Brad Pitt rarely takes part in a poor film, so his presence is definitely swaying me.

(in reply to Maca007)
Post #: 27
- 12/2/2009 12:09:28 PM   
WHYSOSERIOUS86

AWESOME!

Post #: 28
All you nay-sayers.... - 12/2/2009 12:10:55 PM   
iboosh

Let's all see the film first, eh!

All this from a 2 minute teaser... I'm prepared to give QT another shot at getting my money. Do ya worst, Quint!

Post #: 29
belloq - 12/2/2009 12:12:45 PM   
butters411

Its a movie. If you dont like it, dont watch it. Not everyone is worried about the idiots out there who cant separate fact from fiction. No one is holding a gun to the heads of those who might be offended by this to go and watch it.

Shame on you for thinking that you are the judge and jury of what is morally acceptable.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Inglourious Basterds Trailer Now Online Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI