Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

World’s Fastest Indian, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> World’s Fastest Indian, The Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World’s Fastest Indian, The - 13/1/2006 11:55:26 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: World’s Fastest Indian, The - 2/3/2006 9:28:35 AM   
Catmint

When I saw the title I was intrigued.......was it about an athlete, a curry eating contest.....what?

But it sounds an interesting film and with Anthony Hopkins in, it should be good.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: World’s Fastest Indian, The - 2/3/2006 11:20:17 AM   
wrenster

1967. Burt Munro (Anthony Hopkins) has a dream. To race his bike at the speed trials at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats. For twenty years he has painstakenly rebuilt his 1920 Indian, living in a shed and annoying the neighbours with his early morning work effics.

The opportunity comes and an incredible journey begins, from the small town in New Zealand where he lives, to the bright lights of Hollywood and the dusty backroads of America. Along the way meeting a collection of colourful characters all taken in by Burt's naive charm. But will Burt ever get there, and will he be able to live his dream to the full?

Roger Donaldson, the man responsible for such films as Dante's Peak, Cocktail and Species, gives us a delightful smaller picture with this true story. Anthony Hopkins, donning a Kiwi accent, is astonishingly likeable as the aging biker. He makes you transfixed to the screen, giving us a character full of charm and grace, you just can't help but want him to succeed. It's this performance alone that should make you want to see this film.

The nice thing about this movie is that it could quite easily be over sentimental and have entered into the Rocky realms of the underdog's attempt to win, but never once do you feel that the emotions are forced upon you. You genuinely feel for Burt. He's like a kindly old granddad that you enjoy spending time with, listening to his stories of the past. Well this is one granddad I recommend you go visit. A positively charming, delightful and heart-warming movie with some great motorcycle shots and an even greater story.

The last time I was in a woman was when i visited the Statue Of Liberty - Crimes and Misdemeanors

http://wrenster.blog.com/
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Wrensters-Store

Post #: 3
Captures the essence of riding a bike at speed... - 12/3/2006 9:40:42 AM   
The Voice of Fate

Great film. Slightly slow start but picks up speed as it goes along, rather like the bike itself. Fundamentally an optimistic film - even when the expected bad guys show up they're really OK. Nice change from the gloom and angst of most serious films. Realistic and uplifting - and you'll be cheering Burt on through some frightening stuff - just like everyone who was there on the day!

Post #: 4
world's fastest indian - 13/3/2006 5:14:30 AM   
robfabb

Enjoyed this movie very much.

Post #: 5
THE WORLD'S FASTEST INDIAN - 5/5/2006 8:43:14 PM   
J.M.N.

Blew me away. An impressive story about Burt Munro and his amazing bike. Although, I felt a bit insulted at his accent (he soundes a mix of scottish and Australian), but that didn't get in the way of the marvellous story.

Post #: 6
Worlds Fastest Indian - 22/8/2006 12:10:24 AM   
jonnypatterson

Absolutely amazing, being a motorbike fan and a fan of Hopkins I was dying to see this movie but it truly exceeded all my expectations. Its a great road movie, great bike movie, and just a great movie about people and characters. If you dont like this your heart is made of stone!

Post #: 7
- 13/1/2007 5:07:23 PM   
moviemaniac2

Thanks to Anthony Hopkins' genial performance, it's a pleasant, old-fashioned enterprise that warms the cockles with its unashamedly feel-good homage to one man's twilight crusade.

Post #: 8
Fantastic! - 21/1/2010 12:10:30 AM   
beeboy

What a great film.Hopkins has redeemed himself at last! I caught this film on the t.v half way through and stuck with it and got the d.v.d.,later.
What a great performance!Lovely hidden gem of a film that puts faith back in quality story telling.After a slow start in N.Z, (loved lemon tree and grass burning scenes)Burt embarks on a trek to the states to race his vintage Indian.Don`t have to be a biker or bike fan,
this is great feel good film and so good to see Hopkins at hes best,just a slightly dodgy accent!Watch it.It`s great mate!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> World’s Fastest Indian, The Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI