Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Anvil! The Story Of Anvil

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Anvil! The Story Of Anvil Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anvil! The Story Of Anvil - 9/2/2009 8:32:31 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
4 star/5 star? - 9/2/2009 8:32:31 PM   
boriordan

Haven't seen this yet but did notice the poster has Empire giving it 4 stars. Why does it happen so often that the reviews here are different to posters and trailers? It can't be that difficult to get right.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
how can we see it?? - 25/2/2009 3:37:18 PM   
biglad72

right this movie has had loads of press and quite a few adverts in empire but WHY is it only showing in only 4 cinemas across the uk.was really looking forward to seeing it too.

Post #: 3
Worth seeking out - 26/2/2009 9:19:45 PM   
The Fella

Saw this last night in London, and it really is a fantastic and moving film. I thought it would more about the laughs, but actually it is in places very sad, and conveys the strength of human spirit.

Yes, it does have many laugh out loud moments, but I was also close to tears a couple of times, and felt a real part of the bands life.

Even if you are not a fan of 80's metal, this film is a must for anyone who loves a solid human tale.

Post #: 4
RE: Worth seeking out - 27/2/2009 12:33:19 AM   
Groovy Mule

Anvil! The Story of Anvil (2008) Gervasi 9/10

I have no interest in heavy metal music but this film was in equal parts hilarious and touchingly sad. Featuring Lips and the impossibly named drummer, Robb Reiner, this film charts the attempts of Anvil to live the dream as rock gods.  It works because the director genuinely cares about the characters in this rockumentary and isn't there to take cheap shots or sarcastic laughs.  As a result, the laughs feel funnier and the emotions run deeper.  There are nice hints to This is Spinal Tap! throughout but this is the real thing.

Likely to be difficult to get find for a lot of peopleas it is unlikely to showing in many cinemas but it is a gem.

Check out my movie blog - Box Office Challenge and reviews

http://londonmovieguy.wordpress.com/

(in reply to The Fella)
Post #: 5
MEEEEEETAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!! - 12/7/2009 11:08:19 PM   
PaulJohn

One of my favourite films of 2009 and one of the best documentaries i've seen.

I'm glad the band are now getting some level of success after 20 years. Long Live ANVIL!!!!!!

Post #: 6
- 13/8/2009 11:20:58 AM   
PureAinmhi

Absolutely fantastic documentary. Watch it!! You don't even have to be a fan of heavy metal to appreciate just how good this documentary is.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Anvil! The Story Of Anvil Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI