Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: This movie should have won an oscar

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: This movie should have won an oscar Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 21/4/2010 10:03:51 PM   
empire No. 1

you got it in a nutshell. and why did clint hate his grandaughter so much? cos she asked for his fucking sofa? so a stranger breaking into your property deserves a mouth-watering classic motor, but your typical, nieve teenage flesh and blood deserves nothing but growling distain and to be ignored in your will? and WE are supposed to internally cheer? fuck me, clint, you got this wrong

(in reply to Edward Nygma)
Post #: 91
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 22/4/2010 12:29:55 AM   
Edward Nygma

quote:

ORIGINAL: empire No. 1

you got it in a nutshell. and why did clint hate his grandaughter so much? cos she asked for his fucking sofa? so a stranger breaking into your property deserves a mouth-watering classic motor, but your typical, nieve teenage flesh and blood deserves nothing but growling distain and to be ignored in your will? and WE are supposed to internally cheer? fuck me, clint, you got this wrong

That's true, I forgot about the grandaughter thing.
I love Clint as an actor but his directing style I find quite amateurish in many ways.
Didn't mind Iwo Jima and Flags of Our Fathers too much but everything else...I'm just not convinced.

Ben. Affleck.

(in reply to empire No. 1)
Post #: 92
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 22/4/2010 4:42:06 AM   
empire No. 1

im sure you are a hard working fella, and was too tired to recall, firstly unforgiven, the finest oscar winner in my lifetime, and, of course, play misty for me (fatal attraction can sniff its gusset . . . . and i LOVE fatal attraction)

Post #: 93
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 22/4/2010 10:40:53 AM   
Edward Nygma

lol I actally don't...like Unforgiven...

Haven't seen Play Misty For Me though.

Ben. Affleck.

Post #: 94
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 22/4/2010 8:49:09 PM   
empire No. 1

Unforgivable! unless you dont much favour Westerns. No, hang about, I dont much favour Westerns, so what the Ned-lynching, whore slicing, Hackman stunning, cowboy whipping HELL are you commin' from, son . . . . ? sorry, im just twatting with you. not seen "play misty"? sniff a gusset and go seek

Post #: 95
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 22/4/2010 11:41:34 PM   
Edward Nygma

lol Well I don't mind Westerns, if they're good! Unforgiven looked great but for me it felt very, I dunno, by numbers in many ways. Forced even. The story I felt was a bit "bleh", I didn't really care what happened to anyone. And that bit where the guy pisses his pants always irritates me because...he's a grown man!!! Who pisses their pants post 5 years old and pre 90 years old? Clint and Hackman were great though, especially the latter, I'll give the film that. Unforgiven's fine, it's a decent Western and it's very watchable, it just didn't stand out for me as the masterpiece people make it out to be.

You know what's more awesome than Westerns though? Sci Fi Westerns! Westworld man, that's the stuff dreams are made of.

Futureworld...not so much. Now that really was "tit wank".

Ben. Affleck.

Post #: 96
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 23/4/2010 12:29:45 AM   
empire No. 1

you like the "tit-wank" description, doncha bud? use it, but please use it carefully, cos geezers may start to think "tit?......wank?......sounds great" and the summery will be lost FOREVER!

Post #: 97
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 23/4/2010 1:08:17 AM   
Edward Nygma

You're right I suppose. I shan't use tit wank aimlessly.

But yeah sorry guys we're going off track a bit...

So Gran Torino...

What's with that song at the end?

Ben. Affleck.

Post #: 98
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 23/4/2010 5:41:53 AM   
empire No. 1

song at the end? SONG AT THE FUCKIN' END????!!!! cant help you, pal. i ran out of the cinema with such force and urgency, i took 2 fire doors and an usherette with me. it's something to do with jamie (Surrey dinner party music) cullum, no? christ, if id stayed for the credits, i think i'd av bitten my wrists . . . . . . and ankles

Post #: 99
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 23/4/2010 9:01:19 AM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edward Nygma

lol Well I don't mind Westerns, if they're good! Unforgiven looked great but for me it felt very, I dunno, by numbers in many ways. Forced even. The story I felt was a bit "bleh", I didn't really care what happened to anyone. And that bit where the guy pisses his pants always irritates me because...he's a grown man!!! Who pisses their pants post 5 years old and pre 90 years old? Clint and Hackman were great though, especially the latter, I'll give the film that. Unforgiven's fine, it's a decent Western and it's very watchable, it just didn't stand out for me as the masterpiece people make it out to be.

You know what's more awesome than Westerns though? Sci Fi Westerns! Westworld man, that's the stuff dreams are made of.

I actually agree with your Unforgiven summary. It's a good film but i failed to see what separated it from Clint's other work. Then Gran Torino comes along and i felt it fitting tribute to a long standing king of certain genre's and people think it sucks for that. Sure Clint was the only actor in it and all the others were awful but i liked the film.

< Message edited by TheSpleen -- 23/4/2010 9:02:33 AM >

Post #: 100
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 23/4/2010 9:03:18 AM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

quote:

I actually agree with your Unforgiven summary. It's a good film but i failed to see what separated it from Clint's other work. Then Gran Torino comes along and i felt it fitting tribute to a long standing king of certain genre's and people think it sucks for that. Sure Clint was the only actor in it and all the others were awful but i liked the film.

Dunno what's happened there!

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 101
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 25/4/2010 1:49:29 PM   
robwillphill

Gran Torino was dissapointing. Some poor performances from supporting cast. The whole thing was too slow and the whole film had a dull, grey tint to it which did get on my nerves. Not quite slick enough, although that might have been the point given the film was labelled as 'Clint's fairwell piece'. For some reason, I still enjoyed this - but it doesn't stand up to films such as 'Harry Brown' which is far better and is only a debut! I can only give Gran Torino...

6/10

http://youtube.com/audience

Check out my latest films:
- http://youtu.be/Z2zrRi06Rb0
- http://dai.ly/fSojJ3

---------------------------------------------------

Stewie: We're playing house
Lois: But that boy's tied up
Stewie: It's Roman Polanski's house

Post #: 102
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 25/4/2010 1:52:32 PM   
robwillphill

quote:

So Gran Torino...

What's with that song at the end?

Is this the one you are after?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXF7U5TYV8&feature=related

http://youtube.com/audience

Check out my latest films:
- http://youtu.be/Z2zrRi06Rb0
- http://dai.ly/fSojJ3

---------------------------------------------------

Stewie: We're playing house
Lois: But that boy's tied up
Stewie: It's Roman Polanski's house

Post #: 103
RE: This movie should have won an oscar - 26/4/2010 12:31:33 AM   
Edward Nygma

Ow! My freakin' ears!

Why robwillphill? Why?

Ben. Affleck.

(in reply to robwillphill)
Post #: 104
WHAT A MOVIE !! - 19/7/2010 8:48:54 PM   
jerkyjudas

Wow !
That was a really good movie, so well told and so affecting.
I kept thinking about it the next day. I think I need to watch it again !
It really drew me in, a slow burner for sure with some sly laughs along the way - i didn't see the ending coming (Dunno why as I'm usually good at predicting the outcome of movies) and it really got under my skin. Clint makes movies how they should be made, damn good storytelling. Five stars *****

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 105
bit slow - 16/12/2011 7:32:21 PM   
sheath

gangsters were hardly gangsters. clint would have been shot half way thru the film when he points his gun finger at them. it seemed dated in that respect. lost all credit for me due to this poor stereotype view which it relied on as the source of provocation. enjoy if you like fairytales

Post #: 106
Gran Torino Review - 20/12/2011 11:58:05 AM   
the film man

Though a minor entry in Eastwood's body of work, Gran Torino is nevertheless a humorous, touching, and intriguing old-school parable.

Post #: 107
Gran Torino - 5/1/2013 12:38:28 AM   
ajm1991

Gran Torino:The 79 year old actor in the action drama that hovers around a mint vintage clunker , affirms his skills are still intact behind as well as front of the screen. Though the movie needs hammering at many places, its Client's charismatic performance which makes 'Gran Torino ' an engaging watch and something to be saved for re watch. Read my deatiled review here: http://www.filmwaves.in/2013/01/gran-torino.html

Post #: 108
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: This movie should have won an oscar Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI