Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Benjamin Button

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Benjamin Button Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Benjamin Button - 8/2/2009 11:06:49 PM   
rwillis122

A lot to admire in this film, which overall is well made and acted by everyone However, I felt that Benajmin, as a character, was under-developed and as a result could not engage with the main character. An unfortunate side effect of this is a rather stilted, performance from Pitt; although it must be said that he does his best with very little to work with. Compare this to Revolutionary Rd and Button comes of second best by a good margin.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 8/2/2009 11:18:11 PM   
odddaze

Awful film, I felt no emotion when watching the film, didn't care about any of the characters or the plot, it was a mess of a movie with some good effects, but I've seen better.

Post #: 32
A Satisfying Disappointment - 9/2/2009 2:41:21 AM   
Abbottron

Aesthetically, the film was beautiful. The acting was great, but it just took too long to get where we were going. To David Fincher: Consider my buttocks next time you make a near 3 hour movie.

Post #: 33
RE: A Satisfying Disappointment - 9/2/2009 8:25:40 AM   
UTB

A solid 4 Star film for me.

The Forrest Gump comparisons are a little unfair I think, although the trailer would have you believe they are one and the same.

What impressed me most was the maturity of the film, since you had prostitution, drinking, adultery etc, which Forrest Gump didn't have. Also, the way that the relationship between Daisy and Benjamin develops felt much more realistic.

Pitt is good as Button, but certainly not the best performance of the year (Button doesn't hold a candle to Randy "The Ram"). Blanchett was brilliant, however.

It's the supporting cast that make the film though, along with the special effects. It's also quite moving and there were some moments that had a lump in my throat.

Another solid film from Fincher.

(in reply to Abbottron)
Post #: 34
RE: A Satisfying Disappointment - 9/2/2009 8:43:42 AM   
Bondurant

I honestly do not get this at all. What is going on with the reaction to the film?? Why is it so polarising the audiences?

I'm going to contradict myself here but I don't believe this biege-cardy wearing bore-athon deserves a fifth of the attention it is getting and 13 Oscars?, please! And by my posting on this I'm contributing to the hype I know. However, Pitt and Fincher always deserve discussion, or at least they did.

My opinions:

Benjamin Button is not a character, he doesn't have any character, he's an object.

There is not a story worth telling here, and yet they made it 2 hours 45 minutes long. How and more importantly why?

The love affair is empty, it would be a failure on Bennifer scale if it wasn't for Cate Blanchett.

Pitt's nomination for an Oscar is a joke. He plays Button the same way he played Joe ****ing Black fir phuxache.

Out of the Oscar nominated films (main categories) I have watched so far (Revolutionary Road, Frost / Nixon, Slumdog Millionnaire, The Wrestler) this doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence. I'd like to be objective but with this I just can't, it's so very very disappointing.

Feel free to explain what I missed though as I'm sure as sh!t not wasting another ~3 hours trying to unlock it's secret. And if it's anything to do with youth being wasted on the youth or love never lasting please don't bother.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 35
Way too long, no chemistry either - 9/2/2009 9:17:01 AM   
babylion

I wanted to love this film but it was really disappointing. The effects on Brad Pitt are really excellent but somehow completely fail to work on Cat Blanchett. And why has nobody spotted that the acting is more wooden than the period furniture? There is a total absence of any chemistry between the two central characters. The only person who does any acting is Queenie (Taranji Henson), and she steals every scene she's in. Unfortunately the film is far, far too long. It's Titanic all over again- visually stunning, great effects, but a poor story in dire need of an editor with very sharp scissors.

Post #: 36
Way too long, no chemistry either - 9/2/2009 9:17:02 AM   
babylion

I wanted to love this film but it was really disappointing. The effects on Brad Pitt are really excellent but somehow completely fail to work on Cat Blanchett. And why has nobody spotted that the acting is more wooden than the period furniture? There is a total absence of any chemistry between the two central characters. The only person who does any acting is Queenie (Taranji Henson), and she steals every scene she's in. Unfortunately the film is far, far too long. It's Titanic all over again- visually stunning, great effects, but a poor story in dire need of an editor with very sharp scissors.

Post #: 37
RE: Way too long, no chemistry either - 9/2/2009 10:40:08 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: babylion

did you not see cate blanchett's head on the body of a 17 year old ballet dancers body? for me that was the most impressive special effect of all, it was just so subtle but flawless.

(in reply to babylion)
Post #: 38
RE: Way too long, no chemistry either - 9/2/2009 11:15:57 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: babylion

did you not see cate blanchett's head on the body of a 17 year old ballet dancers body? for me that was the most impressive special effect of all, it was just so subtle but flawless.

I genuinely thought she'd learnt to dance!

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 39
major disappointment....visually rips off jean pierre j... - 9/2/2009 11:40:06 AM   
jimibadboi7

after seeing the trailer for this film i thought i would LOVE the film....it looks right up my street....however every shot used in trailer is basically every visually interesting/dramatic scene. If it had been a 90 minute film it would probably be MUCH better.....its just 3 hours...and nothing really happens....there is a real lack of dramatic tension....the acting is fine...and the SFX awesome....it just comes across as a bloated oscar baiter. I might be the only one that has noticed this but fincher has also totally ripped off Jean Pierre Jeunet's visual style.....

Post #: 40
major disappointment....visually rips off jean pierre j... - 9/2/2009 11:40:08 AM   
jimibadboi7

after seeing the trailer for this film i thought i would LOVE the film....it looks right up my street....however every shot used in trailer is basically every visually interesting/dramatic scene. If it had been a 90 minute film it would probably be MUCH better.....its just 3 hours...and nothing really happens....there is a real lack of dramatic tension....the acting is fine...and the SFX awesome....it just comes across as a bloated oscar baiter. I might be the only one that has noticed this but fincher has also totally ripped off Jean Pierre Jeunet's visual style.....

Post #: 41
... - 10/2/2009 9:22:43 AM   
wooz

Stunning to look at with some isolated moments of profundity, but the question remains: Why the fuck did he need to age backwards? Inherent in this gimmick, at least as told by Roth and Fincher, there is not any statement on our collective experience as human beings, yet the film seems to believe the contrary. Also, that Daisy and Benjamin couldn't be together for Benjamin's APPEARANCE (Them both being roughly the same age, and whatnot) is the least profound thing of all.

< Message edited by wooz -- 10/2/2009 9:29:04 AM >

Post #: 42
FLASHMAN - 10/2/2009 2:08:59 PM   
Frank Comiskey

What attracts Benny Boy to Daisy and vice-versa?

We are never told.

What does Benny Boy really learn from life's highway?

Again, it's hard to fathom.

So, to me, it's a-lot like Orson's Kane; a manificent technical acheivement, but so blank that all the interpritation is almost entirely left to the viewer. (The final close-up of the clock is surely the dead givewaway.) The film demands at least one repeat viewing, but where are Kate and Leo when you need them?

The Empire review was excellent, but I think they cast magnificent Julia Ormond for a very deliberate reason; who better to use to emphasise the erosion of time than a very beautiful actress scrubbed of make-up who has barely been seen for about15 years on-screen & who previously co-starred with Pitt?

Post #: 43
RE: FLASHMAN - 10/2/2009 11:08:34 PM   
Jasper

Erm, this film is a masterpiece.... why?

Apart from  Fincher's expected technical wizardry and Blanchett's usual brilliance, the film has little to offer besides the insane premise. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a romantic fantasy epic that, with its near three hour running time, strangely fails to hit a single emotional note.

Maybe it's because Benjamin is a one-dimensional character whose single purpose in life is to have sex as much as he can. Whether he is a 17 year-old who looks 60 or 60 year old looking 25, Benjamnin just wants to fuck Cate Blanchett through the ages.

Not that I blame him -- but you'd expect, as time goes by, that, as Daisy's physical degradation kicks in and Benjamin becomes more and more attractive, there'd become a shift in his sexual activity.

You'd be wrong.

Because that's how strong their love is, her looks have become irrelevant.

< Message edited by Jasper -- 11/2/2009 1:06:05 AM >

"Some people will offer you their hand and some won't

Last night I knew ya, tonight I don't

I need something strong, to distract my mind

I'm gonna look at you, till my eyes go blind"

(in reply to Frank Comiskey)
Post #: 44
A true classic! - 11/2/2009 12:12:44 AM   
TheGodfather

Finally saw it yesterday, this is my review:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
When certain directors announce a new film, you know on forehand that it`s gonna something special. David Fincher is one of those directors. When an all-star cast is announced and the first pictures and trailers are made public, the feeling that you have to do with something special only grows. You really looking forward to the final film and can`t wait for the day to come that you finally get to see it in cinema.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is such a film, a masterpiece that only comes across every once in a while.

It really is kinda hard to mention something that isn`t good about it.
Everything seems right, all pieces of the puzzle fall together real easy, to start out with the cast.
Brad Pitt seems to be born for this role. Every second that he is on screen he is convincing, as an old man in the beginning of the film to the youngster at the ending. With much precision he makes Benjamin Button into a character that is already legendary.
Excellently dosed in acting, nowhere over the top, irritating or deliberately pitiful. Sublime.
Opposite to Pitt, there is the always brilliant Cate Blanchett who (as we might expect from her) gives another excellent performance. She`s great as Daisy, Benjamin`s love for life. She gives us a complete spectrum of emotions, one as convincing as the nest. Obviously, she`s also (for the biggest part of the movie) lovely to look at, a classic Hollywood beauty.

The script is really strong, the film is not a minut too long and is a good mix between drama and humor so that it`s not too emotionally heavy.
The parallells between Benjamin Button and Forrest Gump are pretty obivous, but there are enough things that are different. That way, this doesn`t look like a cheap Forrest Gump rip-off.
The special effects are great as well, as is the complete art-direction, the sets, the costu

Post #: 45
RE: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - 11/2/2009 8:35:03 AM   
MartinBlank76

Not the masterpiece some would lead us to believe, or the travesty others have labelled it as, I found this quite enjoyable and it never dragged by for a near 3 hour film.

The special effects are superb and you rarely, if ever, see the joins.

The acting is top notch as well, I'm not usually a big fan of Blanchett but she was pretty good in this. I thought Pitt was perfect casting, he was born to play this role. And there are moments, special effects aided they may have been at times, where you just had to say, damn he's a good looking son of a...!

From a technical point of view the film is a marvel to look at, so many beautiful scenes.

There is a feeling of whats-the-point at times though. Other than his disease Benjamin, though a nice lad, isnt a very interesting character. Luckily the love story between him and blanchett though never as heartbreaking as I wanted it to be, is nicely played without resorting to too many grandstanding moments.

I can see the links with forrest gump but that is merely the basics, this is a deeper more enriched, melancholy experience and all the better for it.

So nothing particularly wrong with it but not powerful enough to make it the unmissable cinematic experience I was kinda hoping for.

A solid 7 out of 10. I have a feeling that may go up or down on future viewings. I'm hoping up!

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

Post #: 46
RE: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - 11/2/2009 11:05:05 AM   
Dr Lenera

Anyone know why there's TWO review threads of this movie? 

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 47
RE: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - 12/2/2009 9:06:57 AM   
Bondurant

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera

Anyone know why there's TWO review threads of this movie? 

Maybe Empire meant to have FOR and AGAINST threads which they would tally up the replies to for a future edition?

Hardly anyone seems to just think this film is OK which is strange for such a bland movie. If it wasn't for the fact it's Fincher or that it got 13 (THIRTEEN, one - three) Oscar nominations I might think it was okay. As it is, I ***ing hate the ****er.

Phuxache

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 48
RE: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - 12/2/2009 9:55:39 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Iím on the fence. Benjamin Button is an amazing film Ė the effects, the story, even the pace I enjoyed, but thereís something you canít quite put your finger on thatís missing. Itís such an incredible plot that perhaps it felt as if there needed to be more than just the two lives threading in and out of one another. The tug-boat days and his journey around the world wasnít enough of a sub-plot as it were to satisfy, but perhaps there was a reason for that. Benjamin and Daisy arenít meant to be satisfied with another part of their life.

As it stands, this magnificent and quirky journey about different roads to death is extremely thought-provoking and itís a solid 8/10 for me. Brad Pitt was the highlight; his versatility holds no bounds apparently.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to Bondurant)
Post #: 49
- 13/2/2009 3:40:12 PM   
ianmote

appreciate some help - I came into the film 10 mins after it started (traffic!). Did the guy who got hit 7 times by lightning get hit early on??? Because I only counted 6 in the film that I saw (dog / car / roof / fence/ field / one other...)

BTW I thought Cate Blanchett was the best thing in this film

Post #: 50
forest gump? - 13/2/2009 5:21:00 PM   
therockincheeseman

Benjamin Button was a really good film but I think it was slightly overated. Also, huge chunks of the film ARE Forest Gump for example, the boats and the strange relationship are taken straight from Gump.

Post #: 51
RE: RE: - 13/2/2009 10:38:25 PM   
Wilbert

I really enjoyed it. There were problems with it but nothing that was enough to ruin the movie for me.

Some beautiful moments in there too. I thought the relationship with Swinton was more interesting than the one with Blanchett.

I also think that nobody would be mentioning Forrest Gump if people didn't know Eric Roth wrote both of them. The film is nothing like Gump in tone and delivery. There are some crossover elements but you could find comparisons to dozens of other films too.

A solid 4 star movie that could jump to 5 when I see it again.

You're killing Independent George!!!!
Post #: 52
RE: RE: - 14/2/2009 10:50:44 PM   
Lex Romero

I was so disappointed by this.  The concept, the director, the actors - promised so much more than was delivered.  Perhaps I was expecting too much.

With the film dealing with such big themes of life, death and love I wanted it to elucidate the kind of thoughs and fears I have about them but am unable to put into words, I hoped it would speak to me on some level, give insight, put words or visuals to these massive ideas.  Instead I got nothing but half hearted attempts at depth, cliched 'meaningful' phrases ("it's never too late!") and the kind of thoughts I'd had when I was 16 (everything is affected by everything else!  If only one thing was different omgz!) just dumped on film without any attempt to say anything more about them.

There just feels like there's so much more to say here, so many more interesting ideas they could have dealt with.  They only touch on them briefly in the film, glance at them but never bother to concentrate on them.  Benjamin just feels so passive, he has nothing to say about his situation, and no one seems to have much to say to him about it.  I came out of the film thinking "Is that it?  Is that all they have to say about life and death and love?"  You could throw out the "art is interpretive" and I should try and take what I can from the film, but it gives nothing to read into.  Any small moments of depth are never followed up on that I feel like they must have only been their by chance as they're quickly replaced by feeble answers to simple questions.

The "if this hadn't happened, or this" scene goes on for far too long, feels like it's from a different film (hello Amelie), talked to me like I was a 5 year old and is completely pointless and irrelevent when it doesn't bother to mention "If Daisy hadn't been stupid enough to dance into the middle of the road she wouldn't have been run over".  It also breaks the internal logic of the film - i thought this was meant to be reading from Button's diary, how did he find out all that information about all those people?  Why put in this diary concept if you're only going to have to break it later on?  In fact the diary concept seems completely unneeded as the hospital scenes are painfully under developed.  It also would have made the later scenes with him becoming a child again far more effective if it had been Benjamin just narrating his life as it went along, rather than the distancing diary entries.  The idea of slowly becoming a child again reminds me of Flowers for Algernon when Charlie begins to lose his intelligence.  That was heartbreaking.  BB could have been heartbreaking here, but because we're constantly distanced from teh characters I feel nothing.

So with all this a friend said "ok maybe you were expecting too much, surely the love story was touching?".  No.  Not at all.  Daisy was insufferable.  Selfish and annoying, "oh dancing is so wonderful, I love dancing, and new york, it's amazing blah blah blah" constantly.  Some claimed that she redeemed herself in later scenes when she had matured and that's why Benjamin was with her (she needed to mature) but they never show this.  All I get is "Benjamin is in love with some annoying girl, she can't be with him till she is mature enough to be with him", but why is he in love with her?  What is it?  Oh and god I hated the early bit where we had Bejamin saying how beautiful child Daisy was and then Daisy's daughter says "hey mom, did you realise then that he loved you from the first moment he saw you?".  Murr, no shit!  Yes thank you for explaining the plot to me. 

The issue of ageing seems confused as well.  He's physically old but mentally young.  But then we have the sex scene where apparantly he's physically fit as well.  In fact the whole ageing issue is so under developed.  There's a good scene where Benjamin goes to visit daisy in NY and they go to a party.  He sees Daisy dancing with some younger man and there's an old man stood to the side.  Right there, there's something to explore.  Yes he looks old but he's young on the inside, but at the same time because he's been raised as an old man he has this odd sense of being old before his time.  I wanted more of this explored, how he deals with it and feels, does being in an old body leave his personality old in some way? 

Even the directing is lacklustre.  There's none of the inventiveness I've come to espect from Fincher, it's pretty boringly shot.  The only memorable scenes I can think of is the boat attack, which had this fantastic sense of awe and dread.  The CGI/make up effects are obviously fantastic and I can only repeat what others have said about them.  But they're wrapped up in a film that offers me nothing other than childish and cheesy sentiment. 

My Film list for 2009:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2164869&mpage=39

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 53
RE: RE: - 15/2/2009 2:00:21 PM   
Drone

A tad disappointing for me.  It suffers the same ills as Slumdog Millionaire, whereby the characters are a little too thin, meaning you care less about their fate than you should.  All the characters just seemed a touch underdeveloped, and I was left unable to empathise with any of them; even Benjamin.  I thought his father was by far the most interesting storyline, but it was over as quickly as it had begun.

It felt as if it desperately wanted to be a fantastical love story, with a solid, unique heart - wrenching concept, but it failed to deliver.  Three stars.  The SFX however, were 10/10.

(in reply to Lex Romero)
Post #: 54
RE: RE: - 15/2/2009 3:03:27 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lex Romero

I was so disappointed by this.† The concept, the director, the actors - promised so much more than was delivered.† Perhaps I was expecting too much.

With the film dealing with such big themes of life, death and love I wanted it to elucidate the kind of thoughs and fears I have about them but am unable to put into words, I hoped it would speak to me on some level, give insight, put words or visuals to these massive ideas.† Instead I got nothing but half hearted attempts at depth, cliched 'meaningful' phrases ("it's never too late!") and the kind of thoughts I'd had when I was 16 (everything is affected by everything else!† If only one thing was different omgz!) just dumped on film without any attempt to say anything more about them.

There just feels like there's so much more to say here, so many more interesting ideas they could have dealt with.† They only touch on them briefly in the film, glance at them but never bother to concentrate on them.† Benjamin just feels so passive, he has nothing to say about his situation, and no one seems to have much to say to him about it.† I came out of the film thinking "Is that it?† Is that all they have to say about life and death and love?"† You could throw out the "art is interpretive" and I should try and take what I can from the film, but it gives nothing to read into.† Any small moments of depth are never followed up on that I feel like they must have only been their by chance as they're quickly replaced by feeble answers to simple questions.

I think you may well have been expecting too much. Not sure a film could answer the questions you have.

What I liked about it was that Benjamin and Daisy didn't seem to need each other to complete themselves. They seemed like two adults able to be independent at the same time as being in love with each other. They weren't weepy 'I can't live without you' types.

Also, apart from Benjamin's reverse-ageing they were ordinary people. Why would they know any more about life than anyone else? Why would we expect them to answer questions we can't answer ourselves?

I can agree with a lot of what you say but your question about 'is that it? Is that all they have to say about life and death and love?' is interesting. I would have to answer it with a question. What do you have to say about those subjects? What do I have to say? No film will ever answer those questions. Some might go deeper than ......Benjamin Button but others won't.

I think if you go in with very high expectations, 9 times out of 10, you'll be somewhat disappointed.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Lex Romero)
Post #: 55
RE: RE: - 15/2/2009 3:26:14 PM   
Lex Romero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

I think you may well have been expecting too much. Not sure a film could answer the questions you have.

What I liked about it was that Benjamin and Daisy didn't seem to need each other to complete themselves. They seemed like two adults able to be independent at the same time as being in love with each other. They weren't weepy 'I can't live without you' types.

But why did they want to be together?  There was no point whatsoever in the film that I thought "oh I see why they love each other/want to be together".  Perhaps I was expecting too much, but in the same breath the 'lesser expected' romance story of the film didn't work either.  The film sold itself as something more, something bigger, yet failed to deliver on even the smallest promises.

quote:

Also, apart from Benjamin's reverse-ageing they were ordinary people. Why would they know any more about life than anyone else? Why would we expect them to answer questions we can't answer ourselves?

It's not about answering questions we can't answer.  Perhaps I worded it wrong.  Benjamin is in this fantastical situation.  Daisy is in love with a man in this fantastical situation.  I'm not asking for them to give me the meaning of life, but why bother even doing the reverse ageing idea if the film/characters have nothing to say about it?  If they were "ordinary people" then why even include the reverse ageing?  Why am I even watching this film if teh characters have no depth, one of them is unlikeable and apparantly they have nothing to say about Benjamin's situation?  Just tell the story with normal characters then. 

Benjamin was seeing the world differently to us because people saw him differently to everyone else.  I wanted something/anything from that.  They just didn't explore the concept in any interesting way, there was just no depth whatsoever.

quote:

I can agree with a lot of what you say but your question about 'is that it? Is that all they have to say about life and death and love?' is interesting. I would have to answer it with a question. What do you have to say about those subjects? What do I have to say? No film will ever answer those questions. Some might go deeper than ......Benjamin Button but others won't.

I'm not an artist making a film about life and death and love though.  :P   If you're making a film on these subjects I want to come out of the cinema feeling like I've taken something from the film.  Not necessarily an answer, just a point of discussion. 

Again perhaps I was a little OTT with my wording.  What I meant was this film has such big concepts in it, such big ideas yet the film was really nothing more than your typical film.  It threw out cliched phrases and ideas. Lets compare it with one of Fincher's earlier works.  I love Fight Club.  I think it puts images and words to the feelings a lot of men and women have about the world.  That whole idea of what do we do with our lives, is consumerism really the only fulfilling thing we have? etc.  It was exploring ideas I'd thought about and giving it form, like all great art. It doesn't necessarily give us any answers to it, but it does give us a discussion on it.  It's entertaining, whilst covering something deeper. 

Actually yeah that's the word I'm looking for; discussion.  I wasn't looking for answers to these big questions, just some kind of discussion on them in film form.  But we got nothing but "ya neva kno whats comin!" and "it's never too late, you can do achieve anything!" crappy hallmark card phrases.  The film came across as condescending yet its ideas were really no deeper than cliches and rom-com logic.

And as I said even if I drop all my hopes of the film providing any discussion or depth and just go with "it's a fantasy romance" then I still can't like it because it was a rubbish romance story.

My Film list for 2009:

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 56
RE: RE: - 15/2/2009 3:27:43 PM   
Lex Romero

Double post. 

< Message edited by Lex Romero -- 15/2/2009 3:28:11 PM >

My Film list for 2009:

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 57
Wonderful - 16/2/2009 12:09:02 AM   
Ayanna

Saw it last night for Valentine's Day, I know, I know, mushy but who cares.

Thought it was a very good film indeed, looking forward to seeing it again.

Post #: 58
RE: Wonderful - 16/2/2009 9:40:10 AM   
Mikaboshi

Ended up loving this film. It has what some may consider glaring flaws, especially in the narrative structure. But it was so beautiful and powerful visually and auditory with great acting all around too. I daresay that this is an important film.

9/10 

Movies recently watched:

Solaris (Tarkovsky) - 7.5/10
JCVD - 8/10
Ghost World - 8/10
Gran Torino - 7.5/10
The Bride with White Hair - 8/10

(in reply to Ayanna)
Post #: 59
BLEAGH!!! - 16/2/2009 10:33:23 AM   
ROTGUT

Your reviewer Ian Freer must have been sipping happy juice or something because there is no way that this is a five star film.
Forrest Gump 2 - that about sums it up. Nearly three hours of corny, slushy, sentimental mush that some people seem to love wallowing in. I was looking at my watch after the first hour. After the second,
I was looking at the exits. The only reason this film seems to have been made is so that the director can try out the latest computer technology....or perhaps he thought he could win win an oscar....by far the worst film that David Fincher has directed. I'm fed up of watching Oscar bait. For god's sake bring on the Watchmen!!!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Benjamin Button Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI