Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dev Patel In The Last Airbender

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dev Patel In The Last Airbender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dev Patel In The Last Airbender - 2/2/2009 10:59:05 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Hopefully Shyamalan stops sucking for this - 2/2/2009 10:59:05 AM   
shanewire

It really is an amazing show. I've never seen any of the cast in action except for patel. And that was in skins, this is slightly different. He's gonna have to get pretty ripped to play Zuko who's a bit of a bad ass, although good natured. I hope they don't make it too childish. To anyone with reservations about watching the show cause its a cartoon, and think themselves above it, hunt it down now. Its amazing.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Hopefully Shyamalan stops sucking for this - 2/2/2009 1:00:55 PM   
christofurr

I agree with shanewire, Avatar (as I will still be calling it) is a fantastic show, enjoyed by friends of mine in a wide age range (one being over 50!) and although I was sceptical of it at first with it being American-Anime, it showed a suprising depth and respect to its obvious asian influences.
I'm thinking Dev Patel would be MUCH better suited to the role of Sokka personally, but then I've only seen him in Skins too.

(in reply to shanewire)
Post #: 3
- 2/2/2009 2:43:42 PM   
vivlitherland

this is the best news ever!!! well not ever but its pretty awesome! please shylaman don't mess up this awesome show!!!

Post #: 4
- 3/2/2009 1:05:33 AM   
Middenway

Shyamalan is a good director, but he can't direct his own material. Hopefully with someone elses story, his directing will come to the fore and really bring out something knew in him. I've always thought his style was well suited to fantasy epics. He grounds things so easily and naturally (at least in the beginning of his films...)

Post #: 5
Thats a good point - 3/2/2009 6:00:36 PM   
shanewire

But one that's irrelevant if its Shyamalan directing. Personally, i cant wait for the twist ending. He was the fire-lord all along? Maybe the arrows turn out to be painted on his head!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dev Patel In The Last Airbender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI