Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Sickening!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Sickening! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sickening! - 5/8/2009 4:08:31 PM   
KeithM

@Marwood: Everything you said and especially this:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood
It's kind of a shame because I'd like to see Ray Stevenson back in the role just with a less cartoony script and a more competent director.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 61
RE: Sickening! - 13/8/2009 10:51:47 PM   
The Hooded Man

Great performance by Stephenson in main role, rest of film didn't do him justice but level of carnage was spot on, would like to see more of him as The Punisher, it's good, gory fun that asks little, surprised how much hate there was for this film as it's light years ahead of the Jane Travolta shocker. Not perfect and lots of room for improvement but sadly probably won't get a sequel.
Would it work as a straight to DVD franchise?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to shandyman)
Post #: 62
RE: Sickening! - 14/8/2009 9:41:26 PM   
juanvasquez

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a great over the top action movie, which harks back to some of the classics from the 80's like Commando.

Proper Friday night movie.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 63
RE: Sickening! - 14/8/2009 10:08:09 PM   
elzupasmonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a great over the top action movie, which harks back to some of the classics from the 80's like Commando.

Proper Friday night movie.

Agreed. And GORGEOUS in blu-ray!

http://tiny.cc/odytmw

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 64
PUNISHING - 31/5/2010 11:49:22 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

Fucking hell this weren't half violent was it?? Not seen that kind of thing for a while - heads exploding, people ground up in glass factories, faces torn off by shotgun blasts (that was a cool effect though).

Ray Stevenson was bloody awful as the Punisher though, he seemed like a bloke off the street who somehow got an acting gig. Thomas Jane was pretty cool in the previous movie and they should have brought him back.

I did like Jigsaw and his crazed brother though, they provided the only real comic relief (if you can call it that) in the movie.

Apart from that there's not much to say - it was pretty shit overall but at no point did I feel bored and before I knew it the credits rolled! Maybe the levels of violence kept me interested and I wanted to see what sick shit they'd come out with next

(in reply to elzupasmonkey)
Post #: 65
Not That Awful - 21/11/2010 7:12:47 PM   
blaud

First time I saw this movie, I thought it was the biggest waste of time, and, being a punisher fan, the biggest insult to the character's legacy ever. However, on repeat viewing I discovered that it's not a particularly bad film. Ray Stevenson's portrayal of Frank Castle is god-awful, but the action never feels dry, and somehow the film holds your attention. Nowhere near the film that a complex character like Frank Castle deserves, but nowhere near as much of a write off as initially thought.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 66
RE: Not That Awful - 15/12/2012 11:14:36 PM   
sanchia

Oh dear.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to blaud)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Sickening! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI