Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN - 15/4/2009 11:24:32 PM   
samthemanc

Got given a free ticket to their last gig in Manchester - didn't know much at the time (Chop Suey, Toxicity, BYOB and Sugar) Fucking loved it - went out and bought toxicity and Mezmerize the next day. Love em.

It's funny though - maybe it's cause i came to them late, but i've never really been able to get into their earlier stuff.

I'd love to have seen them knowing more stuff cause it was a quality set

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put. - Winston Churchill

Dying's a day worth living for - Captain Barbossa

(in reply to MathewRed)
Post #: 31
RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN - 16/4/2009 10:30:01 AM   
Ste7enForever

Always found Toxicity to be a very fun album, good for jumping around and pushing stuff over (though I'm sure their lyrics go deeper than that). Their first album is fantastic though, its their only perfect mix of ridiculousness and seriousness. Only other things I heard after that were Mesmerize and Hypnotise, which I really dont like, I find them at times a bit too silly and others very bland.

On a side note, has anyone heard Serj's solo album? I really wanted to like it but he didnt make it very easy!

www.facebook.com/deadevent - A zombie/wrestling movie what I (and loads infinitely more talented people) made...

http://www.loonybinforum.com/forum/index.php - A fun wrestling/ everything forum. Always looking for new members!

(in reply to samthemanc)
Post #: 32
RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN - 5/5/2009 8:18:38 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ste7enForever

On a side note, has anyone heard Serj's solo album? I really wanted to like it but he didnt make it very easy!

I was just going to ask that, but I'm just about to listen to it on Spotify.

My DVD Collection

Do not walk away in silence...

(in reply to Ste7enForever)
Post #: 33
RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN - 5/5/2009 9:05:14 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Finished listening to Elect the Dead and it's not bad. Quite eccentric, with some hard songs and some soft songs. Empty Walls is my favourite.

My DVD Collection

Do not walk away in silence...

(in reply to Ste7enForever)
Post #: 34
RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN - 6/5/2009 1:29:36 AM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

Elect The Dead is awesome. My favourites are Empty Walls, Money and Beethoven's Cunt.

Music is the best.

200 Motels

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 35
RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN - 3/7/2012 9:22:04 PM   
sharkboy

If there are any Irish SOAD fans on the boards, you can get a sneak preview of Serj's new album Harakiri on tattoo.tv. Unfortunately it's geo restricted so Irish or those with an Irish IP address only I'm afraid:

http://www.tattoo.tv/music/interviews/11387-serj-tankian-harakiri-1st-listen-exclusive.html

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 36
RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN - 9/7/2012 3:21:14 PM   
Arron_

They have a few great albums. They're also a band that helped me get into metal in my youth. I think Needles, Spiders and Lonely Day are my favourite tracks.

Unfortunately, Serj is very, very poor with his own band. I was so bored when I was them at Leeds festival. I'm not a fan of bands that get preachy at gigs either. Fair enough, I get your lyrics and I like them, but I don't need you to continually spout shit at me that I should and shouldn't do. The same goes for Pulling Teeth and Napalm Death - Excellent bands, but both get very preachy at gigs.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: SYSTEM OF A DOWN Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI