Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Predator 3 YES!! Re-Make NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Predator 3 YES!! Re-Make NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Predator 3 YES!! Re-Make NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 30/1/2009 10:33:32 PM   
oOMan On FireOo

I have to say, in the right hands Predator 3 would be very promising, but i still think even if John was to direct again for thr Re-Make, it wouldn't be the same. Predator is (i think) the best SCI FI film ever, muscle, blood, the great one liners....the cast....even the cast! You would struggle now thinking of a cast that would work as well as the first crew did. I say leave the classics (but you never do, ie Holloween,Psycho etc) Let them do Predator 3...well let robert rodrigez do it, but the two muppets (brothers!!!) Colin Strause,
Greg Strause should have been shot on sight, targets on thier heads, bomb straped to thier necks BOOOOM!! Anyway DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. RIP Kevin Peter Hall & Stan Winston.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Predator 3 - NO BLOODY REMAKE!!! - 30/1/2009 11:04:25 PM   
Valdor6

I'm no longer diggin' this trend with remakes guys...really. My first outrage was at remaking The Crow, you cannot touch that film! And this...well...again a classic movie...BUT who the fuck is gonna fill the army boots of Schwartzenegger, Ventura, Weathers etc??? NO-ONE THATS WHO!!! Most actors compared to that bunch in the original would be deemed 'a bunch of slack-jawed faggots' by comparison. The only guy who would pull off any kind of authenticity with this kind of role is Vin Diesel...and even that's questionable :-) Remake = NO, Predator 3 with Robby Rod at the helm = Hell fuckin' yeah! Get Josh Brolin in there, Michael Sheen as a corrupt company guy, also make sure the 'Marines' featured ARE people that want to do their job, not just a bunch of 'slack-jawed' conscripts aka: Grunts, (no offense) none taken...Oh my...why not overhaul AVP while they're at it, and actually make some good films about the two Predator, Aliens the bloody lot! With todays talent there wouldn't be an Anderson in sight, or any former msyic vid/com directors either :-D The Rod for Pred 3 I say!!!!

Post #: 32
JESUS CHRIST!! - 31/1/2009 1:21:11 AM   
Pennick

Although i do indeed appreciate Rodriguez as a film maker, and a predator 3 by him would kick some serious ass!!! But come on a re-make, unless you plan on using on using the exact same actors, storyline, production crew and everything...I DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT IT!!! Please hollywood im calling out to you, get the hell away from predator and also FUCK OFF from the thing. they are perfect films dont mess with them!!!!

Post #: 33
Not a remake - 31/1/2009 1:23:16 AM   
korming

I don't think they would do an actual remake of the old Predator movies, but rather do a new installment, like Pred. 2 was to Pred. 1. And if Rodriquez is makin it, then it would be most welcome.

Post #: 34
why bother complaining? - 31/1/2009 11:22:48 AM   
leroythemasochist

they won't listen

Post #: 35
NO - REMAKE / YES - SCHWARZENEGGER! - 31/1/2009 11:28:40 AM   
Jim Bob

If Predator 3 doesn't feature Schwarzenegger's Dutch, I will shit a lung.

< Message edited by Jim Bob -- 31/1/2009 11:30:04 AM >

Post #: 36
Who could fill their boots? - 31/1/2009 1:07:57 PM   
oldstuff

Well, I would think that maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin would be brilliant in the Jesse Ventura role. He has the charisma and gruff insults to do it justice. Fair enough he isn't an ex-Navy Seal like Ventura was but you can't have everything.

Post #: 37
Who could fill their boots? - 31/1/2009 1:08:21 PM   
oldstuff

Well, I would think that maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin would be brilliant in the Jesse Ventura role. He has the charisma and gruff insults to do it justice. Fair enough he isn't an ex-Navy Seal like Ventura was but you can't have everything.

Post #: 38
Who could fill their boots? - 31/1/2009 1:10:52 PM   
oldstuff

Post #: 39
Math, as seen by the Predator. - 31/1/2009 2:18:29 PM   
C.C.C.P.

"The point for all you young writers is just this: if the constraints of your current project don't specifically forbid it, your best writing will always result from writing your name on the Predator script. If, for whatever stupid reason, this isn't an option, improvise. Improvised dialog feels more real because it's lived. More importantly, it requires no actual writing."

(in reply to oldstuff)
Post #: 40
RE: Math, as seen by the Predator. - 31/1/2009 2:38:10 PM   
HughesRoss

Robert Rodriguez is just producing this guys, and besides his script he wrote many years ago for Predator 3 actually had Jean Claude Van Damme in mind...

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to C.C.C.P.)
Post #: 41
Predator continuation, not... - 31/1/2009 4:04:48 PM   
Rulezdaworld0

a reamke. It would be a welcome addition to the franchise in my opinion. Both films are awesome, and I think that another, paticularly one produced by Rodriguez, would work very well. He has to, of course, make some smart choices when it come to picking the actors, not many can top Arnie.

Post #: 42
no - 31/1/2009 7:06:45 PM   
davesmith145

I can't actually believe some people are saying this would be a welcome addition to the whole Predator thing. I'm sorry but there is no way a remake can come close to the orginal in look, feel, music, sound, content, acting or ACTION in anyway shape or form. Its not made for a remake, leave it alone. Films like this can't be remade. its not possible. Don't fuck my favourite film in the ass, please. Infact it deserves to be re-released at the cinemas as it is.

Post #: 43
Please,will you politely stop doing this - 31/1/2009 10:12:52 PM   
otacons folly

I can now look forward to another of my all time top 20 films getting a reboot/remake/homage/bastardisation? how wonderful!Well if they would like to ruin another one for me,then all they have left is the matrix,american beauty and punch drunk love! Honestly the imagination is supposed to be limitless,so why are there so many of these things being mashed together? I can understand a nod,even a tribute but to take a classic and do it over like it never happened is stupid,pointless and kind of offensive.its rare that a remake is any cop,let it lie please don't follow this through,let us keep some fond memories.

Post #: 44
Why?! - 1/2/2009 10:28:23 AM   
Maca007

Can't these Hollywood cunts come up with something new? Predator is in the top three best action movie's ever with Die Hard and Aliens and CANNOT be improved upon at all, even the SFX still stand up because they didn't go for anything too complex when they orginally made it. The fucking movie industry is going dwon the pan because of these fuck pigs...thank God for The Berg, Martin Scorsese and Danny Boyle...fuck Rodriguez and his shite unimaginative ideas...twat!

Post #: 45
For the love of god! - 1/2/2009 3:47:45 PM   
Uriel Ventris

I think it's about time for a remake/boot/imagining/whatever of The Dark Knight. Thats been out for ages now & is well old. When will it end? If things are that bad in hollywood then they should just pay me & my mates to give them loads of new ideas for films. And the best thing about it is that we can work from home & do business via email or skype or something. The money that they save on flights, accomodation, biscuits etc can go into the film! Sorted.

Post #: 46
Stop the madness - 1/2/2009 4:00:36 PM   
Peakey_13

Yet again another pointless remake/re-boot. The only time a film should be remade is if the 1st version was rubbish. The only time a franchise should be rebooted is if the sequels have become so crap that if wouldn't be possible to make a decent continuation. Neither of these things apply to Predator. The 1st is a classic and the 2nd although not as good as the original is still a very good film. As long as you don't count the AVP films then the Predator franchise is ripe for a sequel but not a reboot or remake. I will predict though that rather than getting a decent actor to play Dutch, we'll end up with John Cena.

Post #: 47
OH WHY BOTHER......... - 2/2/2009 2:07:45 AM   
boredbluekoala

Snot as if we have ever been given the slightest insight into Predator culture, or even a little motivation huh? Yes I know some will point out that they are mysterious race of hunters, but then what? Do they have JUST hunters on their home planet? How the hell do they get anything done? More to the point do those beasties ever talk to each other, I mean we've had 4 movies with these guys in em, and yet none of em ever seem to have a conversation, just a bunch of snarls and grunts toward each other. Basically I wanna see a bit more of what a Predator is and a bit less of what we've always had-a bunch of really tall alien Rasta dudes running around slaughtering anything that even glances in their direction with a funny look on their face.

Post #: 48
RE: Oh please let this happen - 2/2/2009 3:26:28 PM   
JRockwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: C.C.C.P.

Remake?
How does one improve upon perfection?

Le mot juste if ever there was one. People have no respect. Have they forgotten who Arnie is? Give us a third film and do a good job. But if there's a remake there will be hell to pay from every man and boy who grew up knowing the only way to kill a really bad alien was to get Arnie on the case. Remake, pff. How DARE they!

(in reply to C.C.C.P.)
Post #: 49
KEEP AN OPEN MIND - 2/2/2009 10:36:35 PM   
chrisw115

Well you never know how good or how bad a film is untill you sit down to it. So predator 3 hell yes more than 1 predator 3 or 4, 1 adult 3 young.
They should give the film the same feel as the others i think it could be a very good film.

Post #: 50
Confirmation - 24/4/2009 4:29:29 AM   
Snake-Eyes

well, it looks like Mr. Rodriguez is set to make... something new based on PREDATOR...

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/23/robert-rodriguez-confirms-predator-series-reboot-predators/

PREDATOR is #2 in Snake-Eyes' Top Ten and yes, I will bitch on about how any remake IS sacrilege! having said that, RR is the Man.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to chrisw115)
Post #: 51
RE: - 24/4/2009 9:44:40 AM   
Tech_Noir

I was thinking about this the other day and no matter what talent you have involved I don't believe you can ever get another good Alien or Predator movie.

The whole thing that makes monster movies work is that the monster is mysterious and we don't see them often. We've now seen these monsters repeatedly.

Aliens worked because Cameron had his additional monster, the Queen.

These franchises have nothing more to offer except inventive ways of these monsters killing people in different environments.

(in reply to Evil_Monkey25)
Post #: 52
RE: RE: - 24/4/2009 11:21:11 AM   
Izzet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

I was thinking about this the other day and no matter what talent you have involved I don't believe you can ever get another good Alien or Predator movie.

The whole thing that makes monster movies work is that the monster is mysterious and we don't see them often. We've now seen these monsters repeatedly.

These franchises have nothing more to offer except inventive ways of these monsters killing people in different environments.

The reason none of the movies have worked since the originals is because they've been shit. Simple as. I can go back to Alien and still be utterly fascinated by the monster, because Scott made it convincing and the world around it believable.

Same with a Shark. They're popularised in modern culture but still terrifying.

Alien Experience Messageboard

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 53
RE: RE: - 24/4/2009 11:34:44 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

I think Predator films work if you make sure they are the bad guy and the human characters are memorbale - Dutch and Co. were strong characters. Give me some people of that calibre and it would be an entertaining film.

The Alien - the problem is that they have turned the creature into a Jurrasic Park style Raptor. If they brought back the creature to that werid "alien" nature then it could be quite creepy. The creature still works pretty darn well in the first two (and I would argue third) film - a ex of mine who had never seen these films but knew the creature design was terrified during the first two films. It is possible - maybe a Trek/Bond/Batman reboot (although not a remake) is required.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 54
RE: RE: - 24/4/2009 6:05:06 PM   
kenada_woo

Wont happen IMO.

He's apparantly making - Machete, Jetsons, Red Sonja, Sin City 2, Nervewrackers, and now this.

Development helllllllllll

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 55
RE: RE: - 24/4/2009 6:06:46 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

Wont happen IMO.

He's apparantly making - Machete, Jetsons, Red Sonja, Sin City 2, Nervewrackers, and now this.

Development helllllllllll

I think his next project is to clone himself to pull it all off.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 56
RE: RE: - 24/4/2009 6:37:15 PM   
HughesRoss

quote:

Page: << < prev 1 [2]
quote:

You do make a valid point there Tech.

I feel the AVP series have tarnished what were two good series, but....and I mean this with hope.

If they get Alien back in space and with a good director then there should be another good film out there especially as good old Ridley himself is constantly mulling over an origin story.

As for Predator, I of only a few who love the 2nd, have been crying out for a 3rd and I wait with eager breath at what RR can offer

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 57
RE: RE: - 24/4/2009 11:01:27 PM   
Izzet

Release date, July 2010

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10312

Wow, talk about wanting to grab a quick buck lol

Alien Experience Messageboard

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 58
RE: RE: - 25/4/2009 9:55:00 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Izzet

Release date, July 2010

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10312

Wow, talk about wanting to grab a quick buck lol

He said he co-directing too.  

Always said - best idea to carry on with expanding what AvP did with the Predators back story and do Predators meets Apocalypto.

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Izzet)
Post #: 59
RE: RE: - 25/4/2009 10:08:00 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I think the Predators should attack a highschool in Texas and the teens have to fight back, but first they have to learn to work together as a team and overcome their different social differences. That would be awsome and they are all really witty and come out with these ace one liners.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Predator 3 YES!! Re-Make NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI