Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 16/4/2011 6:28:29 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

Ohmygod Mummy where the hell are you?

I am nearly finished with Sidejobs have laughed and cried! I love all the blanks Jim Butcher has filled in and the first lines of the last story made me cry!

Not sure if you are on Facebook but I might be one of the new admins for the Dresden File's fan site!

Mummy?!

Waterstones let me down unfortunately - but should be picking it up next week - so no spoilers till then!

I am kind of on facebook - i have an account but very rarely use it. Hadn't heard anything about a new fan site - can you send me a link?

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 121
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 17/4/2011 6:32:13 PM   
Harley Quinn

Sorry Munny, I was very very drunk when I posted.

It's the fan site on FB it's called the Dresden Files!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 122
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 25/4/2011 12:59:18 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Sorry Munny, I was very very drunk when I posted.

It's the fan site on FB it's called the Dresden Files!

S'ok - its afairly common typo when people reply to me

I'll keep a look out for the FB page.

In other news, waterstones gave my pre-ordered copy of Sidejobs to someone else!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 123
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 5/5/2011 4:47:30 PM   
Harley Quinn

Can you hurry and read it please so I have someone to discuss it with, please and thank you.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Post #: 124
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 5/5/2011 11:03:04 PM   
WilliamMunny

Nearly done - about 20 or so pages left, and Murphy is just about to kick some bad guy arse!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 125
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/5/2011 11:50:53 AM   
Harley Quinn

I cried at the opening lines of that story!

Post #: 126
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/5/2011 1:38:57 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

I cried at the opening lines of that story!

Yeah - was a sad one. But with another 12 or so books to go, i have a feeling things will work out ok

Loved Murphys description of watching Harry gearing up for a fight -

"Quirky nerd, gone. Terrifying icon, present".

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 127
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/5/2011 1:46:48 PM   
Harley Quinn

I hope so.

I loved that line. I guessed in the first story who the young cop was and got very excited. But typical of Jim Butcher the more questions he answers the more I have and the more I want to know. It was nice seeing Mac outside of his bar.

Post #: 128
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 9/5/2011 6:28:48 AM   
Sherilee

Amelie_Scotland, I was sooo thrilled to see that there is another who feels like I do about Susan and Murphy. I think my favs are Harry, Susan, and Michael, and as for Murphy...well...not so much at all. I LOVED Susan and Harry together, I mean that was the real thing. It seemed that everything since has been more "forced" not as it should be.

I wish they'd been together for good, she actually was a "hero" because she sacrificed everything, I just don't understand people thinking she's bad. She saved many with her sacrifice, and I really wish the new book would bring them together again, they deserve it. Murphy's just a substitute, that's all, I'm like you, I don't really care for her that much.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one.

< Message edited by Sherilee -- 9/5/2011 6:38:02 AM >

Post #: 129
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 9/5/2011 1:30:18 PM   
Harley Quinn

Oh look Munny a newbie on the thread.

Hi Sherilee

Not to be mean but you may want to add a couple of spoiler warnings or vague things up in your post. As far as I'm aware only Mummy, Myself and you have read all the other books and we try not to ruin it for all the others.

Spoiler Warning's.

I don't disagree with you about Susan she wasn't bad at all and it was true love between her and Harry hence the level of protection it gave him. She was wrong to keep such a secret from him. Her sacrifice was a amazing but I worry about the damage it will do to Harry in the long run.

I love Murph she's Harry's best friend she'd walk through hell for him and her sacrifices for him have been just as great. She's been demoted and at the end of the last book likely fired for believing in Harry. The chemistry between the two of them has always been there since book one. I don't know if you've read side-jobs yet but there are two stories that really give you insight into their relationship. I dare you to read the story from her point of view and not cry. She loves Harry just as much as Susan.

I don't think you can even compare the two really they both fulfil two different roles in his life.

(in reply to Sherilee)
Post #: 130
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 20/5/2011 2:35:21 PM   
WilliamMunny

Hi Sherliee, welcome to the forum!

Only 2 months to Ghost Story! And the next one in the Song of Ice and Fire series is released a couple of weeks earlier. July looks like being a good month for fantasy reading

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 131
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 8/6/2011 9:13:58 PM   
WilliamMunny

July, please hurry up and get here. I want to read Ghost Story.

Sincerely,

Mr W. Munny

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 132
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/6/2011 1:49:18 AM   
Harley Quinn

What the lovely Munny (Got it right this time) said.

Post #: 133
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 21/6/2011 8:49:01 PM   
WilliamMunny

Chapter 2 of Ghost Story is up on the Jim Butcher site!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 134
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 21/6/2011 9:32:56 PM   
Harley Quinn

*Runs in thread... reads....runs out again*

Post #: 135
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 29/6/2011 8:46:58 PM   
WilliamMunny

Chapter 3 is up on the Jim Butcher site, not much of it but intruiging nonetheless

And only a couple of weeks left till release! Woohoo

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 136
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 9:38:56 PM   
WilliamMunny

Chapter 4 is up......holy shit!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 137
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 9:44:20 PM   
Harley Quinn

Munny stay online!! I'm just reading it now!

Post #: 138
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 9:46:15 PM   
WilliamMunny

I'm here!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 139
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 9:53:29 PM   
Harley Quinn

Holy fuck....! What the hell. No. Just no. That can't be right.

I thought there were supposed to be more books after this one! Munny..... Help.

Post #: 140
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 10:02:51 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Holy fuck....! What the hell. No. Just no. That can't be right.

I thought there were supposed to be more books after this one! Munny..... Help.

Spoilers Ahead! Invisiotext doesn't seem to work on my home PC - you have been warned!

Spoilers start from here!

Chill Harley - Harry will be back! JB has confirmed that there will be at least another 7 Dresden Files + The Apocolyptic trilogy so Harry is coming back one way or another.

How he is going to do it - i have no idea, but Mab is hardly going to let him go this easily is he?

The fact that he has been gone for 6 months really stirs things up! Plus the whole "memories used as weapons" thing makes previous files a whole lot more interesting! Harry has frequently said that he has forgotten pretty emphatic memories (offing Susan, taking out He-Who-Walks-Behind), does this means he uses these massive memories to lay the smackdown on some ghosts before he comes back? Who knows? No idea but i can't wait to find out!!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 141
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 10:07:28 PM   
Harley Quinn

OK I'll stop getting upset now.

No Mab won't let him go easily. Ohh I like your thinking I do need to do a re-read of them all again.

Post #: 142
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 10:11:54 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

OK I'll stop getting upset now.

No Mab won't let him go easily. Ohh I like your thinking I do need to do a re-read of them all again.

JB even did a post on this:

Spoilers Ahead

Winter Knight "I can't be the Winter Knight - i'm dead"

Mab "Like i haven't heard that before"

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 143
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/7/2011 10:17:11 PM   
Harley Quinn

Ohhh! I really hate Jim Butcher at times. The more of Harry I read the less I'm sure of and the more questions I have.

Post #: 144
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/7/2011 9:37:03 PM   
WilliamMunny

Chapter 5 is up!

http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/ghost-story/ghost-story-chapter-5

The plot thickens.......

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 145
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/7/2011 9:52:22 PM   
Harley Quinn

What????

That can't be our lovable pervert!

Post #: 146
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/7/2011 10:03:21 PM   
WilliamMunny

I doubt Harry is going to spend the whole book wandering around clueless - he's gonna lay the Smackdown on someone at some point

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 147
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 13/7/2011 4:53:26 PM   
big dawg

I've just started Storm Front....hopefully I'll enjoy these as much as everyone else on this thread

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 148
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 13/7/2011 4:54:34 PM   
Harley Quinn

Come back and let us know what you think!

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 149
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 13/7/2011 5:16:56 PM   
The Hooded Man

I'm on the third book now Grave Peril, I have to say I'm not loving it so much, is there a gradual increase in quality of the books as you go along because I'm finding it's all very much like a template or is it more likely that the Dresden Files aren't for me?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI