Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/4/2010 9:09:32 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

If I ever need prof my boyfriend is a keeper he bought me Changes for Easter and kept laughing at me going ohmygod, ohmygod!

*nods appreciatively*

I bought it on wednesday, and had finished it by thursday- so much for pacing myself

Have you finished it yet? Soooo many spoilers to discuss!

Edit: take a look at the empire blog - Nicolas Cage (executive producer on The Dresden Files tv series) looks to have shamelessly stolen Harry Dresden!

< Message edited by WilliamMunny -- 6/4/2010 9:27:08 AM >

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 91
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/4/2010 12:35:33 PM   
Harley Quinn

I know how great is he??

Not finished it yet, hoping to have it completed by the end of the day.

Will check out the blog.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 92
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 6/4/2010 4:59:41 PM   
Harley Quinn

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!

What has Harry done?

Munny where are you?

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Post #: 93
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 7/4/2010 9:59:38 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!

What has Harry done?

Munny where are you?

McAnally's - where else?

Which bit are you upto? There are several "what have you done?!" moments in the book and i don't want to spoil it!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 94
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 7/4/2010 11:22:23 AM   
Harley Quinn

I've read it aall. Totally finished it.

Am in shock the deal he made! His family background, the sacrfice.... the bloody end!

What is Jim Butcher trying to do to us?

Post #: 95
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 7/4/2010 11:34:26 AM   
WilliamMunny

He's torturing us, that's what!

COLOSSAL SPOILERS FOR CHANGES AHEAD!
The blue beetle, the bulletproof duster, his apartment, his office, his staff, his original star wars poster all gone! JB wasn't kidding about the whole "changes" idea was he?!

Taking up the mantle of the winter knight? Another deal with the sidhe - has Harry learned nothing!!!!!!! Though my theory is that Harry still owes Mab one more favour - as per their agreement, after which all debts to the sidhe are done. Does that give him a get out clause as being the winter knight?

2 more assassination attempts, one of which may have been successful (well, i doubt it as Harry has to survive really) - who was the shooter? Fix? Lea? Kincaid? A harry returned from the future (more on this theory later as i have some ideas and possible "evidence" for them)

And killing off Susan? - never saw that coming.

And who was the female voice at the end? A bunch of possibilities, but i think it heralds teh return of Lasciels shadow (which i was never convinced was fully gone).

END SPOILERS

So many questions, so few answers!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 96
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 7/4/2010 11:42:27 AM   
Harley Quinn

The taking up of that "gift" I think he may have arranged the ending for himself. Some sort of get out clause.

You could be right about the voice at the end. 

I liked the bits with Mouse! What is he?

Why was Lea so taken with a certain member of the group?

If I ever meet Jim Butcher I don't know if I want to shake his hand or punch him for playing such a long game.

Yet more prof about the boyfriend being a keeper he has brought himself Storm Front as he wants to know why I'm so fixated on Harry. I may have just created a monster.

Post #: 97
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 8/4/2010 1:30:37 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

The taking up of that "gift" I think he may have arranged the ending for himself. Some sort of get out clause.

You could be right about the voice at the end. 

I liked the bits with Mouse! What is he?

Why was Lea so taken with a certain member of the group?

If I ever meet Jim Butcher I don't know if I want to shake his hand or punch him for playing such a long game.

Yet more prof about the boyfriend being a keeper he has brought himself Storm Front as he wants to know why I'm so fixated on Harry. I may have just created a monster.

Yep, arranging a get out clause is definitely a possibility.

Mouse is a foo dog, a scion between a mortal dog and some spirit thing if i remember correctly, and he's a major league purveyor of canine arse-kickery

Lea, well she is a tricksy one. I imagine she sees something to exploit with that certain member, probably sees an opportunity to make a deal at some point. The Dresdenverse Fae definitely plan in the long term so i wouldn't be surprised if Leas interest develops into something important later on in the series.

And as for the bf situation, that sounds very promising - assuming he likes it of course

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 98
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 8/4/2010 10:26:08 PM   
Harley Quinn

Thinking about the get-out-clause whould that be considered swindling  the people involved or would they approve.

I know Mouse was a foo dog but that bits where he wa communicating were outstanding, it's yet more prof that what you think is one thing in the Dresdenverse can be something else as well.

Lea is tricksy, I'm sure Jim has a long term plan for her that will astound us.

Have you been on the Jim Butcher forums? Some of the theory's about MAc are brilliant. Apparently there is more to him than meets the eye and it will all become clear in the final "trilogy" of Harry's.

The bf read the first chapter and liked it, he can't understand my passion for Harry yet. So I told him to keep reading and before he knew it he'd be hooked. I'm sorta jealous that his got all those adventures to have with Harry for the first time.

Post #: 99
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 13/4/2010 7:32:39 PM   
WilliamMunny

Jim Butcher in a Dresden (and codex alera) Q and A session!

Will likely contain spoilers for all the series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8isWytG0c8&feature=related

Enjoy

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 100
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 7/5/2010 2:06:13 PM   
WilliamMunny

Still talking to myself, but that's ok

There is going to be a collection of all the short stories released in November! Including the short story from Murphys viewpoint set 45 minutes after the end of Changes

Edit: I post about Changes, and head off to check some election news and what is the first link i see?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/destinations/latin_america/article7117185.ece

Spooky

< Message edited by WilliamMunny -- 7/5/2010 2:14:51 PM >

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 101
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 7/5/2010 2:13:10 PM   
Harley Quinn

Ohhh that sounds great Munny. I'll put it on my list for Santa.

Post #: 102
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 2/7/2010 11:05:14 AM   
WilliamMunny

The compilation of Dresden short stories is going to be called Sidejobs and has a rumoured release date of October 26th!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 103
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 2/7/2010 4:05:35 PM   
Harley Quinn

It's released too late for my Birthday. Will have to ask Santa for it.

Post #: 104
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 17/8/2010 8:23:37 PM   
WilliamMunny

2 months till Sidejobs, and i have another 2 previously deluded fools who are now avid readers

I may have to replace my copies of Storm Front and Fool Moon as they have been lent out so many times that they are starting to look slightly the worse for wear

Dresden comics: has anyone read these and are they any good?

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 105
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 8/10/2010 10:25:10 PM   
WilliamMunny

Fuego! Pyrofuego! Back to the top with you!

Less than 3 weeks to Sidejobs

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 106
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 25/10/2010 3:34:52 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamMunny

Less than 3 weeks to Sidejobs

No UK release for Sidejobs. Buggernuts

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 107
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 27/10/2010 9:43:21 PM   
Harley Quinn

Do you know why Munny?

Post #: 108
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 28/10/2010 11:59:17 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Do you know why Munny?

No idea, it has been released in some other european countries but not in the UK. The paperback edition is being given a UK release - but not until after Ghost Story comes out. D'oh!

May have to trawl ebay and find one

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 109
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 28/10/2010 8:13:51 PM   
Harley Quinn

My Auntie is off to the states on Sunday may get her to bring it home for me.

Post #: 110
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 21/3/2011 9:47:36 PM   
Harley Quinn

Munny Munny!!

I return bringing a gift. A link to a sneak peek of the first chapter of Ghost Story.

Spoiler alert for people other than Munny! If you have not read Changes do not clink the link it gives away major plot points throughout the entire series of books.

http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/extras/ghoststory/index.html

Excited now.

Post #: 111
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 23/3/2011 10:14:56 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Munny Munny!!

I return bringing a gift. A link to a sneak peek of the first chapter of Ghost Story.

Spoiler alert for people other than Munny! If you have not read Changes do not clink the link it gives away major plot points throughout the entire series of books.

http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/extras/ghoststory/index.html

Excited now.

Harley! I thought we'd lost you! Nice to see you back - now i have someone to talk about Ghost Story too

Thanks for the link - i saw it posted up on the Jim Butcher forums so i have already read it. Looks awesome - can't wait for it to be released.

Have you heard about the delay? Unfortunately Ghost Story isn't being released until July now

But on the plus side Side Jobs finally gets a UK release on 14 April - it may not be a full novel, but at least it'll tide me over till July

Did your aunt bring you back a copy?

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 112
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 23/3/2011 11:56:37 AM   
Harley Quinn

Sorry Munny my real life took a turn for the shite and so had to give up posting for a bit.

I didn't know about the delay at all ahh damn. A few books have had their release date pushed back it's very strange.

I wasn't keen on the idea for the book until I read the chapter it looks great, I need to get side jobs am very curious.

No my aunt didn't get it for me. As I said it all went a bit wrong.

Post #: 113
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 23/3/2011 1:27:59 PM   
WilliamMunny

Sorry to hear that HQ, hope things are ok - PM me if you want to chat.

Jim Butcher announced the delay at ComicCon - he said that he wasn't completely happy with how the original draft was, said that it was tricky to write the story with Harry unable to use his normal magic tricks and that he wanted to rewrite some of the book to make things how he wanted them.

A bit disappointing, but we've already waited nearly a year - and i'd sooner wait a few extra weeks and have an awesome book than have him rush it through and get an average one.

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 114
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 23/3/2011 1:34:16 PM   
Harley Quinn

Thanks Munny I may do that.

I'd rather wait and get the story Jim wants us to have.

I'm doing a degree in Literature and mentioned my love of Harry in a tutorial everyone laughed at me! Apparently you can like Martina Cole but books about wizards are a no no.

Post #: 115
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 23/3/2011 1:45:04 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Thanks Munny I may do that.

I'd rather wait and get the story Jim wants us to have.

I'm doing a degree in Literature and mentioned my love of Harry in a tutorial everyone laughed at me! Apparently you can like Martina Cole but books about wizards are a no no.

They are clearly idiots.

Witches are a key plot point in Macbeth and if magic is high brow enough for Shakespeare then its good enough for me

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 116
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 23/3/2011 2:19:02 PM   
Harley Quinn

Ohhh I shall use that point today about Macbeth if it comes up again! Thanks.

Post #: 117
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 14/4/2011 9:55:50 AM   
WilliamMunny

Sidejobs released today

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 118
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 14/4/2011 8:29:08 PM   
Harley Quinn

I got my copy in the post yesterday!! haven't had a chance to start reading it yet!

I have however been listening to White Knight as an Audio Book read by James Masters (Spike from Buffy) while I can't sleep. It's really good.

Post #: 119
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 16/4/2011 1:48:18 AM   
Harley Quinn

Ohmygod Mummy where the hell are you?

I am nearly finished with Sidejobs have laughed and cried! I love all the blanks Jim Butcher has filled in and the first lines of the last story made me cry!

Not sure if you are on Facebook but I might be one of the new admins for the Dresden File's fan site!

< Message edited by Harley Quinn -- 16/4/2011 1:49:55 AM >

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI