Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 30/4/2009 10:27:01 AM   
Harley Quinn

Oh I'd not thought about that with the Fae. That would be great. I think Harry's Godmother may be more involved in things as well.

Thomas I think might be going in another direction totally. Judging by the end of the last book.  I hope not, because his a fav of mine.

I think the person who was offered the sword may well take the sword up. They have been described as a Knight in several books. I think maybe her hand will be forced in some way.

I think Charity has a story to tell as well I don't like her very much but she is an intresting charcter and how she meet Michael needs to be explained in a bit more detail. 

I love Harry so much.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 31
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 19/5/2009 10:01:01 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

I think Charity has a story to tell as well I don't like her very much but she is an intresting charcter and how she meet Michael needs to be explained in a bit more detail. 

I think Charity's story was told in Proven Guilty - spoilers ahead
she had some magical talent, got caught up with some bad practitioners who tried to summon a dragon - michael turned up and kicked the dragons butt - then Charity turned her magic aside and kept quiet about the whole thing with michael. The experience is what coloured her attitude towards Harry so much.
Spoilers finished!

Rumour has it that the next book in the series is called Changes and will be released in April next year. Details are sketchy at the moment, but it looks like Susan will be popping up again!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 32
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 19/5/2009 10:07:00 AM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamMunny

quote:

I think Charity's story was told in Proven Guilty - spoilers ahead
she had some magical talent, got caught up with some bad practitioners who tried to summon a dragon - michael turned up and kicked the dragons butt - then Charity turned her magic aside and kept quiet about the whole thing with michael. The experience is what coloured her attitude towards Harry so much.
Spoilers finished!

Rumour has it that the next book in the series is called Changes and will be released in April next year. Details are sketchy at the moment, but it looks like Susan will be popping up again!

I know it was touched on as you've said, but this is Jim Butcher you can't bank on a tiny piece of information not leading to a bigger story line.

That sounds intresting I quite liked Susan as a character. 

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Post #: 33
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 28/5/2009 11:43:24 AM   
Harley Quinn

I've found this discussion on Jim Butcher's site about Harry and the Fae which is very intresting.  It's full of spoilers so beware.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,11340.0.html

Post #: 34
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/7/2009 11:54:14 AM   
WilliamMunny

Jim Butcher need to write faster - i'm being forced to re-read the series over again!

I need a new Dresden story dammit!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 35
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/7/2009 12:43:49 PM   
Harley Quinn

I just re-read the entire series! I heart Harry!

Post #: 36
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/7/2009 1:43:53 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

I have gone all the way round, and am halfway through Turncoat again now!

I'm not sure just how many times i have read the series now, several at least - i've even changed my title in Harry's honour

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 37
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/7/2009 1:59:16 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

quote:

I have gone all the way round, and am halfway through Turncoat again now!

I'm not sure just how many times i have read the series now, several at least - i've even changed my title in Harry's honour

I read them out of sequence last time I read them! I don't know why.

Love your new title!

I heard from somewhere that one of the new books will be called "Stars and Stones"

Post #: 38
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/7/2009 2:06:47 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Love your new title!

I heard from somewhere that one of the new books will be called "Stars and Stones"

It was either this or "White Court Vampire"

Stars and Stones huh? I thought the next one was going to be called "Changes", not that it really matters - i just want a new Dresden file!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 39
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/7/2009 2:56:07 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

quote:

Love your new title!

It was either this or "White Court Vampire"

Stars and Stones huh? I thought the next one was going to be called "Changes", not that it really matters - i just want a new Dresden file!

I like that too!

I think what read said the titles of the next three books. Stars and stones just stuck in my mind because of how much Harry says it.

I think we'll have to wait till the new year for a new Harry story. *Sigh, pout, sulk*

< Message edited by Harley Quinn -- 13/7/2009 10:29:10 AM >

Post #: 40
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/7/2009 3:16:37 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

I think we'll have to wait till the new ear for a new Harry story. *Sigh, pout, sulk*

It certainly looks that way *kicks random object in a manly way - pouting is a bit too girly*

If only sci-fi hadn't made such an almighty balls up of the TV adaption then at least i'd have a new series of that to look forward to, but nope!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 41
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 13/7/2009 10:30:23 AM   
Harley Quinn

The series was ok on it's own as long as you pretended it wasn't about Harry.

I've just made my Dad buy the first book, his enjoying it!

Post #: 42
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 3/8/2009 2:11:31 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

How could anyone not enjoy them!

Sadly, we're going to have to wait till April for the next one

THough if you really need a harry fix, then there are a couple of short stories on:

www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden

There is a forum on the site too!

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 43
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 4/8/2009 6:15:50 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

quote:

How could anyone not enjoy them!

Sadly, we're going to have to wait till April for the next one

THough if you really need a harry fix, then there are a couple of short stories on:

www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden

There is a forum on the site too!

Some people are strange and don't love Harry the way we do.

April aww damm it!!

The forum is good I sometimes lurk there. They have some intresting theory's about stuff.

Post #: 44
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/8/2009 3:02:43 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

The forum is good I sometimes lurk there. They have some intresting theory's about stuff.

I thought i was a bit too over the top about the Dresden Files, but having had a looksie through that forum i have been comprehensively out-geeked

I am not sure whether i should be pleased or a bit disappointed

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 45
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/8/2009 10:25:50 AM   
Harley Quinn

Suffering from a serious bout of Insommenia at the moment.

This is the question that I was pondering at 2 this morning.

If electrical items break around Harry. How does he see Films? He has a Star Wars poster (Ithink) in his apartment and he often quotes films and makes film refrences.

I need a life and some sleep

Post #: 46
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/8/2009 10:54:52 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Suffering from a serious bout of Insommenia at the moment.

I have had insomnia on and off for years, got quite a good technique for helping to get some kip if you'd like it?

As for the film thing, film projectors are generally not the most modern bits of technology and so probably wouldn't be as badly affected by the wizard effect - plus in a big cinema Harry could sit near the front and so be quite far away from the projector.

After just typing that i think i too need a life

< Message edited by WilliamMunny -- 12/8/2009 10:55:36 AM >

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 47
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/8/2009 12:07:00 PM   
Harley Quinn

I'd love some tips. Staring at the ceiling till 2,3,45 in the morning is doing my head in.

Ohh I thought that projectors being old fashioned might be it.

Yes we totally need a life.

Post #: 48
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/8/2009 1:51:28 PM   
WilliamMunny

PM for you HQ.

I would go and get a life, but i can't do magic, i will never go one-on-one with a vampire, pick a fight with a fallen angel or make a deal with a Sidhe queen so i think i prefer to live vicariously through Harry - his life is far cooler than mine

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 49
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 12/8/2009 2:22:09 PM   
Harley Quinn

got it and replied Munny. Thanks.

Well yes Harry's life is far cooler than ours. Still think we should p'haps find one of our own.

Post #: 50
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 19/8/2009 2:30:18 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Well yes Harry's life is far cooler than ours. Still think we should p'haps find one of our own.

I started doing that, but decided to read Turncoat again instead

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 51
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 23/8/2009 12:42:44 PM   
Harley Quinn

Good plan.

Love the new sig!

Post #: 52
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 17/10/2009 10:05:11 AM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I recently tried watching The Dresden Files series - *shudders* It was so bad I could barely finish the first episode. It was all so wrong!! Every little detail was wrong - even Harry's car was wrong!

Made me so angry - especially as the books just keep getting better and better. I've not read 'Turn Coat' yet, just finished 'Small Favour' and loved it. Glad Harry finally got some action, too.

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

Post #: 53
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 29/10/2009 2:05:35 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I recently tried watching The Dresden Files series - *shudders* It was so bad I could barely finish the first episode. It was all so wrong!! Every little detail was wrong - even Harry's car was wrong!

My thoughts exactly, and having recently started watching True Blood i can only imagine just how good the Dresden Files could have been had it been made by HBO instead of sci-fi

Harry Dresden - Wizard

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 54
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 29/10/2009 2:25:32 PM   
Harley Quinn

I didn't mind the show but to be fair I did pretend it was just about a wizard not my/our beloved Harry.

Munny yes HBO making Harry that would be so awesome.

Post #: 55
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 30/10/2009 1:38:14 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Munny yes HBO making Harry that would be so awesome.

A decent budget, a couple of bigger name actors (Seth Green as Butters would be fantastic), proper special effects and it would have been on a network where they aren't scared to show sex and violence. Damn you HBO! Why couldn't you have picked it up - it would have been awesome

Harry Dresden - Wizard

Post #: 56
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 30/10/2009 2:19:05 PM   
Kazuya

I just finished the first in the series, Storm Front, and now I've moved on to Fool Moon, about 25 pages in. It's great stuff, a friend of mine told me about the Dresden Files about 6 months ago and then I sorta forgot about it, then I saw the paperback of Storm Front in my local bookstore last week, and I have to say it was very, very entertaining. Dresden himself is a fun character, and the pulp fantasy and imagination just oozes from the pages. I love that the magic aspects of the society in which the books take place are served as a matter of fact.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 57
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 30/10/2009 3:24:13 PM   
Harley Quinn

Welcome to the club Kaz! I'm almost jealous of you having all Harry's adventures spread out in front of you.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 58
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 7/11/2009 4:21:26 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

A decent budget, a couple of bigger name actors (Seth Green as Butters would be fantastic), proper special effects and it would have been on a network where they aren't scared to show sex and violence. Damn you HBO! Why couldn't you have picked it up - it would have been awesome

Greatest. Casting. EVER.  Yeah, I can only dream of how good the series COULD have been! I'm sort of pretending the show never existed...

And Kaz, enjoy!  The books just keep getting better and better, although they do get quite a bit darker as the series progresses.

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

Post #: 59
RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club - 10/11/2009 1:36:37 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

Greatest. Casting. EVER.  Yeah, I can only dream of how good the series COULD have been! I'm sort of pretending the show never existed...

And Kaz, enjoy!  The books just keep getting better and better, although they do get quite a bit darker as the series progresses.

From the first time Butters was described, i've mentally pictured Seth Green in the role, i also have Laura Prepon (with the red hair from earlier seasons of that 70's show) down as Georgia, Viggo Mortensen would be my first choice as Harry and George Clooney would be Marcone. Amy Acker is Maeve (probably because of Angel, i see the winter lady as being pretty similar to Illyria), Summer Glau as Lily, Angelina Jolie as Lara Raith and Sarah Michelle Gellar as Murphy

I'd also have Joss Whedon producing / adapting the screenplay properly as opposed to the half-arsed mishmash of plots that sci-fi cobbled together

Harry Dresden - Wizard

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: The Dresden Files Fan Club Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI