Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Brilliant choice for director, all we need now is the cast...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Brilliant choice for director, all we need now is the cast... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Brilliant choice for director, all we need now is the c... - 28/1/2009 11:07:35 PM   
aka_sammym

How about ... Dennis Quaid/Bruce Willis as Hannibal, Woody Harrelson/Jason Bateman as Murdock, Robert Downey Jr/Tom Cruise as Face and Denzel Washington/Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as BA could work

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
HMMM CASTING CALL.... - 28/1/2009 11:18:52 PM   
boredbluekoala

Assuming money is no object, this would be my cast; Hannibal -Jon Hamm, Face-Hayden Christensen, Murdoch-Jeffrey Combs (he's awesome in everything) B.A. Baracus Queen Latifah (no seriously, she's ace and they can do for that character what they did for Starbuck) opinions folks?

Post #: 32
Give it a rest - 28/1/2009 11:51:11 PM   
granny

Hate to go all Daily Mail but...
So we'll get a film that concerns veterans of a confilct whose violent aftermath is still in the news, but presumably treated in the knockabout style of the oh-so-overrated show it's based on- eg no-one gets shot despite lots of bullets being sprayed around ?
Tasteful
Think I'd rather see a Charlie's Angels 3 instead. 

< Message edited by granny -- 28/1/2009 11:55:39 PM >

Post #: 33
- 29/1/2009 4:57:41 AM   
tntfreeze

I would like to see a cast who can play young and old versions of themselves. As 20-something year old commandos during the Gulf War and as they are 10-15 years later. My choices would be...
Hannibal Smith - Russell Crowe, Nicholas Cage
Faceman Peck - Sam Worthington, Ryan Phillippe, James Franco
Howling Mad Murdoch - Sean William Scott, Giovanni Ribisi
BA Baracus - Tyrese Gibson, Xzibit

Post #: 34
RE: - 29/1/2009 7:43:59 AM   
mlavagna

Trying to recast the A Team is like trying to recast the Ghostbusters.  It just won't be the same without the originals.

(in reply to tntfreeze)
Post #: 35
- 29/1/2009 10:09:53 AM   
brads

Sam Rockwell as Murdoch. John Cusack as Faceman. Tommy Lee Jones as Hannibal. Michael Clarke Duncan as B.A.

Post #: 36
- 29/1/2009 10:23:43 AM   
jimoakley666

George Clooney or Dennis Quaid as Hannibal, Ving Rhames or Michael Clarke Duncan as B.A., Jim Carrey or Steve Carrel as Murdoch and Owen Wilson or (left field) Will smith as face. Oh, I can hear the anger now....

And Tommy Lee Jones as Decker getting more and more unhinged as he chases them down... But the GMC van needs to stay exactly the same!!!

Post #: 37
A-Teamtastic - 29/1/2009 10:53:07 AM   
Indiana Bourne

Clooney is a must as Hannibal, Russel Brand doing a Eddie-Murphyand playing both Murdoch & Face! (only Kidding) Quentin Tarantino as Murdoch, Colin Farrell as Face. BA i'm not too sure about maybe Will Smith could Mussle up a bit to maybe try something different

Post #: 38
A-Teamtastic - 29/1/2009 11:04:04 AM   
Indiana Bourne

Clooney is a must as Hannibal, Russel Brand doing a Eddie-Murphyand playing both Murdoch & Face! (only Kidding) Quentin Tarantino as Murdoch, Colin Farrell as Face. BA i'm not too sure about maybe Will Smith could Mussle up a bit to maybe try something different

Post #: 39
Hell Yeah - 29/1/2009 12:40:41 PM   
DANGEROSS!

hannibal smith - if only nicholson was a bit younger, but possibly burt reynolds;
BA - ving rhames;
murdoch - jim carrey all the way;
face - robert downey jr;

if paul giamatti and ron perlman could work for christopher walken that would be mint as the terrorists

< Message edited by DANGEROSS! -- 29/1/2009 12:41:36 PM >

Post #: 40
RE: Joe Carnahan To Direct A-Team - 29/1/2009 6:50:23 PM   
Yippekaiaye

The A-Team is to famous to be adapted into a serious film. I think it would work better as a comedy similar to Starsky and Hutch.

Post #: 41
RE: Oh, Yeah! - 29/1/2009 7:52:08 PM   
Woger

George Clooney or Dennis Quaid for Hannibal, Owen Wilson for Face. Not sure for the other two. Who plays Daniel Running Bear, and wasn't there a hot chick in the show for a while?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to epeemaster)
Post #: 42
OMG!!!!! LMAO - 29/1/2009 8:33:09 PM   
jackcarter

some of these suggestions are laughable! Cruise as Face!..Pitt as Face!! Jackman as Face!! Downy jnr as face!!!...carrey as Murdock!!....theres NO WAY those guys would do it LOL....too famous...too old...and those are supporting roles!!!  and what about sequels? how would they get them back again?? and what about the cost of 4 A-listers? thatd eat up about $80m on the main guys alone!

It'll be the same as the tv show - Big star as Hannibal like Clooney (or maybe a big A lister isnt even neccessary as the 'A TEAM' brand is pretty much the star of the film - so maybe Dennis Quaid or the like). Then moderate names IN THEIR 30s (not mid 40s!! lol) as Face and Murdock (e.g Franco, SWS) and either a well-ish known name (MCD or Ving Rhames) or an unknown as BA....and cameos for Benedict, Schultz and T playing different characters (cant see the eventual new guys playing anything other than the original characters)

then again who knows!! Maybe the likes of Pitt and Carrey are massive A Team fans and would jump at being in it cut price Ocean 11 style...it is being produced by Ridley Scott after all...and the Narc guy isnt exactly a hack...(quite surprised by the pedigree of this thing actually)

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 43
RE: Joe Carnahan To Direct A-Team - 30/1/2009 5:14:00 PM   
donksconk

i loved the show and can still watch it on the telly when its shown. if its a money no object cast it has to be bruse willis as hanibel, jim carrey as murdoch,brad pitt as face and ving rahms as ba

Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Brilliant choice for director, all we need now is the cast... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI