Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Aliens

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Aliens Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 9:31:00 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Maybe in the 57 years between the films some paperwork got lost and the alien reports was forgotten in some archives.

More likely that the company folk who sent the Nostromo to investigate the alien beacon and gave Ash his orders had all passed away during the 57 years Ripley was in hypersleep.None of them were around when Ripley was rescued but it was after reading her reports that Burke sent orders to have a small team investigate the derelict.

He knew that if Ripleys story was just crazy talk then no harm done,but if the team sent to check out the derelict were infected then there was potential to capture the Aliens and turn them into valuable weapons commodity.There is no evidence to suggest Burke was working alone though(evil Bishop was just telling Ripley what she wanted to hear at the end of Alien3.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 61
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 9:44:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Maybe in the 57 years between the films some paperwork got lost and the alien reports was forgotten in some archives.

More likely that the company folk who sent the Nostromo to investigate the alien beacon and gave Ash his orders had all passed away during the 57 years Ripley was in hypersleep.None of them were around when Ripley was rescued but it was after reading her reports that Burke sent orders to have a small team investigate the derelict.

He knew that if Ripleys story was just crazy talk then no harm done,but if the team sent to check out the derelict were infected then there was potential to capture the Aliens and turn them into valuable weapons commodity.There is no evidence to suggest Burke was working alone though(evil Bishop was just telling Ripley what she wanted to hear at the end of Alien3.

There is nothing within Aliens that suggests Burke wasn't working alone. Regardless of what is said and done in subsequent films, in Aliens the implication is that Burke is the one who set it all up. He wanted a small enough team not connected to the Company so he could reap the rewards. If the Company knew about it, or was behind it, if would be consider their property, killing the need for Bruke to take the action he did.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 62
RE: Aliens - 17/8/2009 12:24:33 AM   
DazDaMan

Vasquez: LET'S ROCK!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 63
RE: Aliens - 17/8/2009 6:23:53 AM   
Snake-Eyes

HICKS: "Alright, we waste 'im. 'No Offence'!"

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 64
RE: Aliens - 17/8/2009 7:53:22 AM   
DazDaMan

Hudson: You're dead. You're dog-meat, pal!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 65
RE: Aliens - 17/8/2009 7:57:27 AM   
DazDaMan

Favourited this fan-made music video/trailer recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-gszu5RYI

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 66
RE: Aliens - 17/8/2009 7:40:41 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

Awesome.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 67
RE: Aliens - 18/8/2009 4:41:29 PM   
00Nothing

quote:

That was freakin' brilliant. The word bitch was surely just invented so it could be used in this movie.

"I will see you in another life, when we are both cats."

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 68
RE: Aliens - 19/8/2009 8:30:21 PM   
juanvasquez

I went to the Movieum Of London the other day and saw this small but awesome display of props that were used in Aliens.

As well as this from Alien

and from Alien 3

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to 00Nothing)
Post #: 69
RE: Aliens - 20/8/2009 12:01:43 PM   
coolstar

wow thats great any more from Alien ?

I am going Deep Deep undercover

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 70
RE: Aliens - 21/8/2009 7:05:47 AM   
Snake-Eyes

That third pic - the spacesuit - isn't from ALIEN it's from EVENT HORIZON. Still cool though.

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 71
RE: Aliens - 21/8/2009 10:01:28 AM   
CORLEONE

quote:

Holy shit. I never knew that Vasquez was John Connor's foster mum in T2! She looks very different!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 72
RE: Aliens - 21/8/2009 11:43:20 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

Holy shit. I never knew that Vasquez was John Connor's foster mum in T2! She looks very different!

Jeanette Goldstein - she was also the 'Irish Mom' in Titanic and she was one of Martin Riggs' fellow LAPD Officers in LETHAL WEAPON 2.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 73
RE: Aliens - 21/8/2009 11:47:17 AM   
Tech_Noir

Don't forget Diamondback in Near Dark.

"Drinks are on me honey"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 74
RE: Aliens - 21/8/2009 11:55:41 AM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

That third pic - the spacesuit - isn't from ALIEN it's from EVENT HORIZON. Still cool though.

There was no description to it, and when I saw the lights on the side of the helmet I thought it was the Alien one. Never mind!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 75
RE: Aliens - 21/8/2009 12:08:29 PM   
coolstar

The light was on top of the head (alien)

I am going Deep Deep undercover

Post #: 76
RE: Aliens - 4/10/2009 7:16:05 PM   
Snake-Eyes

there have been dozens of games (arcade, PC, console etc.) based on ALIENS and it's sequels and spin-offs but there is a game that has been in it's own 'development hell' for quite some time now that I reckon, if done properly, should capture the spirit of Cameron's film and it finally looks set to be released next year -

as far as I know, it will be available on all platforms and I probably should have posted this on the 'Joypad' section but we're all fans here. I can't wait for this game, I hope it's a good 'un...

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 77
RE: Aliens - 4/10/2009 8:05:01 PM   
juanvasquez

Is there a set release date yet? It was supposed to have been out about 3 times by now!

It does look awesome, and with AVP out the beginning of next year, that could make for a couple of awesome games.

Was great to see some interviews with the cast in this months Empire, too. Even if a little brief.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 78
RE: Aliens - 4/10/2009 8:31:26 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Is there a set release date yet? It was supposed to have been out about 3 times by now!

It does look awesome, and with AVP out the beginning of next year, that could make for a couple of awesome games.

Was great to see some interviews with the cast in this months Empire, too. Even if a little brief.

check this out -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002BA52JQ/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p63_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1F5FB18NWK6GTQJRETRG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

they are both due for February and March - AvP actually looks cool! I hope MARINES is just as kick-ass!

Post #: 79
RE: Aliens - 5/10/2009 9:27:41 AM   
Snake-Eyes

From Snake-Eyes' Collection -

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 5/10/2009 9:28:45 AM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 80
RE: Aliens - 5/10/2009 1:21:36 PM   
shool

quote:

That just reminded how much i flippin love Aliens.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 81
RE: Aliens - 5/10/2009 2:00:39 PM   
Workshed

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

I watched the quadrilogy over the past 2 days (well I have Resurrection on in the background while i surfed the web, its still fucking awful) and am so torn between which I prefer, Alien or Aliens, I adore both of them but at a push Aliens is an easier watch, its paced brilliantly, the only thing I dont like about the special edition is the scene where Newts parents find the derelict ship,always prefered that we dint see how the colony was invaded, but the sentry gun scene is great. Weaver is fantastic in her role "Thats not all! because if one of things gets down here then all this, this bullshit you think is so important? you can kiss all that goodbye!"  and the scene where she's tooling herself up in the elevator ride down to the depths of the atmosphere processor is the best scene in the movie, along with her "oh fuck this!" look when the egg opens in the queens lair and she blasts them with the flame thrower is awesome

I agree completely. I own the special editions of 1-3 and I pretend Ressurection never happened.

For anyone who wants to see the brilliant, loving French and Saunders parody :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcPSCMt56TE

Jennifer Saunders is spot on as Ripley. "Goddammit, that's not all!"

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 82
RE: Aliens - 5/10/2009 7:04:42 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

From Snake-Eyes' Collection -

Thats a pretty awesome collection Snake.Do you remember the excitement when the special eition of Aliens was released on VHS many years ago.These days its all the rage but back then the idea that fans would get a special edition of anything was almost unheard of.I still prefer the theatrical cut though.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 83
RE: Aliens - 5/10/2009 9:13:59 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Thats a pretty awesome collection Snake.Do you remember the excitement when the special eition of Aliens was released on VHS many years ago.These days its all the rage but back then the idea that fans would get a special edition of anything was almost unheard of.I still prefer the theatrical cut though.

yeah man - I still have that VHS tape! I was sooooo excited when I got that! I remember it was in Summer 1992 and it had an ALIEN 3 teaser trailer on it.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 84
RE: Aliens - 13/12/2009 8:29:45 AM   
Snake-Eyes

ALIENS was on film4 last night (gee, I wonder why!) and even though I was knackered and ready for sleep, I found myself watching it. It's such a damn fine movie that I can't keep my eyes off it! NOTE TO GOD: blu-ray soon please sir?!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 85
RE: Aliens - 13/12/2009 8:52:07 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The problem with Aliens is that Cameron shot it on shitty film so that's why it looks a bit rough - not sure if Blu Ray is going to change things.

'Talk to me Hudson!!!'

Apone was a great character and clearly respected and liked by his fellow marines - all we hear is a scream of horror to signal an end to his participation in Aliens

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 86
RE: Aliens - 13/12/2009 9:06:11 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Vasquez and Drake tearing up shit with the Smart Guns - I would have liked to have seen more of these weapons later in the movie

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 87
RE: Aliens - 13/12/2009 10:25:08 PM   
clownfoot

Anyone ever go to Alien War or am I one of the lucky few to have experienced it?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 88
RE: Aliens - 14/12/2009 9:20:33 AM   
CORLEONE

Look into my eye.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 89
RE: Aliens - 14/12/2009 10:39:28 AM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Anyone ever go to Alien War or am I one of the lucky few to have experienced it?

I went. Twice. So very very awesome.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Aliens Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI