Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Aliens

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Aliens Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aliens - 31/1/2009 7:39:22 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

The problems with the Company arose with the first film, if they knew about the ship and this valuable cargo why send some space truckers to retrieve it? They should have sent a proper science/military team from the start.

Well I doubt they would have wanted the military involved. And Ash was pretty well equipped for the science side of things. I would also guess space exploration was still pretty new and there wouldn't have been a huge number of ships avaliable. A sort of right place right time deal.

Maybe, but it's still one of the problems I have with Alien.

It's not surprising when the android/company conspiracy was tacked on by the execs.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 31
RE: Aliens - 31/1/2009 7:42:48 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

The problems with the Company arose with the first film, if they knew about the ship and this valuable cargo why send some space truckers to retrieve it? They should have sent a proper science/military team from the start.

Well I doubt they would have wanted the military involved. And Ash was pretty well equipped for the science side of things. I would also guess space exploration was still pretty new and there wouldn't have been a huge number of ships avaliable. A sort of right place right time deal.

Maybe, but it's still one of the problems I have with Alien.

It's not surprising when the android/company conspiracy was tacked on by the execs.

I'm sure it was Walter Hill who introduced Ash. I happen to think its a pretty cool touch and allows the film to have tension coming from two fronts.

I seem to recall the O'Bannon and co saying that while they weren't happy with a lot of the rewrites, the introduction of Ash was a superb change.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 32
RE: Aliens - 31/1/2009 7:45:38 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

I'm sure it was Walter Hill who introduced Ash. I happen to think its a pretty cool touch and allows the film to have tension coming from two fronts.

I seem to recall the O'Bannon and co saying that while they weren't happy with a lot of the rewrites, the introduction of Ash was a superb change.

It was OK, can't say it's the most memorable bit in the film for me. Guess it was Cameron's fault for not linking it to Aliens.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 33
RE: Aliens - 11/8/2009 7:11:17 PM   
Snake-Eyes

M41A PULSE RIFLE!

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 11/8/2009 7:36:28 PM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 34
RE: Aliens - 11/8/2009 8:14:09 PM   
Tech_Noir

"Feel the weight"

"... All right, what do I do"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 35
RE: Aliens - 12/8/2009 1:49:04 AM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

M41A PULSE RIFLE!

''Whats this?''

''Thats the grenade launcher,i dont think you wanna be messing around with that''

''You started this,show me everything,i can take care of myself''

''Yeah i noticed''

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 36
RE: Aliens - 12/8/2009 8:41:17 AM   
Tech_Noir

The most romantic scene in the whole series.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 37
RE: Aliens - 12/8/2009 9:24:25 AM   
grucl

quote:

M41A PULSE RIFLE!

I still think it's funny that the manufacturer expects soldiers to glace at the counter at the side of the gun during combat. Wouldn't that be better placed at the top?

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 38
RE: Aliens - 12/8/2009 9:28:36 AM   
Tech_Noir

Yeah but it's easier for the camera to note the count at the end when Ripley goes beserk.

See, Cameron thought of everything.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 39
RE: Aliens - 12/8/2009 9:33:10 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl
I still think it's funny that the manufacturer expects soldiers to glace at the counter at the side of the gun during combat. Wouldn't that be better placed at the top?

Maybe. But it looks cool.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 40
RE: Aliens - 12/8/2009 3:21:50 PM   
Rgirvan44

For such a high powered weapon its a shame that it can only take 99 bullets at a time.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 41
RE: Aliens - 12/8/2009 6:24:57 PM   
darth silas

quote:

quote:

M41A PULSE RIFLE!

They dont necessarily have to look at it during combat.If before going into a hostile situation,its handy to look at the counter to see how many bullets you have left.This helps the user decide whether its a good idea to switch to a fresh clip or not.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 42
RE: Aliens - 13/8/2009 1:28:31 PM   
coolstar

Express elevator to hell going down wooohoooooooooooooo

I am going Deep Deep undercover

Post #: 43
RE: Aliens - 13/8/2009 2:31:32 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

For such a high powered weapon its a shame that it can only take 99 bullets at a time.

It can hold more but that would mean changing the counter - too much hassle.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 44
RE: Aliens - 13/8/2009 5:56:56 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

quote:

M41A PULSE RIFLE!

They dont necessarily have to look at it during combat.If before going into a hostile situation,its handy to look at the counter to see how many bullets you have left.This helps the user decide whether its a good idea to switch to a fresh clip or not.

It still doesnt make sense to have it on the side of the gun, it should be on the back like the guns in Halo, they got it right, so you can see how many bullets are left without having to stop shooting and peer around the gun probably while having your face chewed off by an alien

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 45
RE: Aliens - 14/8/2009 1:23:53 PM   
Kazuya

"Well, somebody's gonna have to go out there. Take a portable terminal, go out there and patch in manually."

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 46
RE: Aliens - 14/8/2009 3:56:13 PM   
MartinBlank76

"With those things running around out there? You can count me out"

< Message edited by MartinBlank76 -- 14/8/2009 4:01:44 PM >

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 47
RE: Aliens - 14/8/2009 5:37:07 PM   
Snake-Eyes

BISHOP: "Not Bad for a Human"

I always loved the way he delivered that line. This was easily Henriksen's Finest Role.

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 48
RE: Aliens - 14/8/2009 5:48:26 PM   
krudler

I watched the quadrilogy over the past 2 days (well I have Resurrection on in the background while i surfed the web, its still fucking awful) and am so torn between which I prefer, Alien or Aliens, I adore both of them but at a push Aliens is an easier watch, its paced brilliantly, the only thing I dont like about the special edition is the scene where Newts parents find the derelict ship,always prefered that we dint see how the colony was invaded, but the sentry gun scene is great. Weaver is fantastic in her role "Thats not all! because if one of things gets down here then all this, this bullshit you think is so important? you can kiss all that goodbye!"  and the scene where she's tooling herself up in the elevator ride down to the depths of the atmosphere processor is the best scene in the movie, along with her "oh fuck this!" look when the egg opens in the queens lair and she blasts them with the flame thrower is awesome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 49
RE: Aliens - 15/8/2009 2:51:00 PM   
00Nothing

For me, the moment when they realise that the creatures are above Ripley and co in the ceiling when at first they think they're heading straight for them is one of the greatest moments in sci-fi/action cinema. Unbearably tense, soaked with suspense and then lits it rip with explosive action.

Also, for the record, the reveal of the alien queen and her laying the eggs is one of the most digusting things I have ever seen. Brilliant.

"I will see you in another life, when we are both cats."

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 50
RE: Aliens - 15/8/2009 4:43:45 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: 00Nothing
Also, for the record, the reveal of the alien queen and her laying the eggs is one of the most digusting things I have ever seen. Brilliant.

One of the most disgusting things I've ever seen is Kiera Knightley's speech in the third Pirates film. But I do love that Alien Queen reveal - It is Brilliant.

(in reply to 00Nothing)
Post #: 51
RE: Aliens - 15/8/2009 5:15:53 PM   
rich

Somebody wake up Hicks.

Christ, I hope Jim Cameron can actually make Avator a really good movie like he used to do.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 52
RE: Aliens - 15/8/2009 5:34:45 PM   
Tech_Noir

One of the coolest moments is Hicks jamming the shotgun into the alien's mouth.

"Eat this"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 53
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 12:46:42 PM   
ky

Imagine this coming at you

"Look into my eye."

Anyone know who said that?

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 54
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 12:51:26 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: ky

"Look into my eye."

It was Apone

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to ky)
Post #: 55
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 12:53:25 PM   
ky

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ky

"Look into my eye."

It was Apone

Spot on

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 56
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 1:11:29 PM   
darth silas

Someone mentioned before that its a flaw in this film that the evil company from the first fim didnt make a play to acquire the Aliens.That Burke was working alone.I happen to think this wasnt the case.Lets face it,the company KNEW that Aliens were on LV426 and if they didnt,they sure as hell suspected it after they lost contact.So what do they do? They send in ONE platoon of Marines led by an inexperienced dimwit(Gorman) to confirm it.

If the marines didnt return,they would know for sure that the Aliens are there and that they are a force to be reckoned with.Then they would send in lots of ships to contain and capture the Aliens(lots of luck there).

(in reply to ky)
Post #: 57
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 4:54:54 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Someone mentioned before that its a flaw in this film that the evil company from the first fim didnt make a play to acquire the Aliens.That Burke was working alone.I happen to think this wasnt the case.Lets face it,the company KNEW that Aliens were on LV426 and if they didnt,they sure as hell suspected it after they lost contact.So what do they do? They send in ONE platoon of Marines led by an inexperienced dimwit(Gorman) to confirm it.

If the marines didnt return,they would know for sure that the Aliens are there and that they are a force to be reckoned with.Then they would send in lots of ships to contain and capture the Aliens(lots of luck there).

But then why would the company go to all the bother of putting together a multi million dollar terra forming plant? Surely sending a bunch of replicants in a ship to the Space Jockeys ship would have been the cheaper option?

It is a bit of a plot hole that the Company seemed to know about the Alien in film one but didn't do anything in film two. The Company in Aliens doesn't seem all that "evil" more bearucratic and uninterested. Burke is seem throughout the film taking the lead on things. He selects Gorman for his inexperience, not so that the mission is endangered, but to boss over - look how he relieves him of command when Ripely takes control of the APC.

The Company, if they really wanted the Alien protected, would not have risked having a military led operation. Look at what happens after the first fight- they are ready to get back into space and nuke the whole place. Hicks, who isn't a walkover, overrides Burkes pretty quickly.

If the Company really believed that the alien was there, I doubt that they would have let the military take the lead. Whereas it makes sense that Burke, who seems to have some sort of responsbility for terra forming, would take outsiders with him, reducing the chances of a paper trail.

And you are right - once the Company realise what they have on their hands, they send a well equiped ship to get Ripley.

Post #: 58
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 5:01:12 PM   
Tech_Noir

Maybe in the 57 years between the films some paperwork got lost and the alien reports was forgotten in some archives.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 59
RE: Aliens - 16/8/2009 6:16:39 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

One of the coolest moments is Hicks jamming the shotgun into the alien's mouth.

"Eat this"

Love the way the top of the alien's skull is blown out. Not too good for Hudson though.

"I like to keep this handy, for close encounters."

"Heard that."

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Aliens Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI