Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Damned United Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Damned United Trailer Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Damned United Trailer Online - 27/1/2009 12:44:33 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 27/1/2009 12:44:33 PM   
otacons folly

This looks quite promising,surely it cannot fail?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Michael Sheen should play The Riddler - 27/1/2009 1:11:49 PM   
Leightwinst

in the next Batman film from Chris Nolan. This looks splendid and the use of Glasvegas in there as well was a goodmove. And I hate leeds Utd.

Post #: 3
Best Trailer Of The Year. So Far. - 27/1/2009 1:50:26 PM   
chizmund

That was a great trailer. A really great trailer. The story looks like it could have international appeal (ie, Americans could like it), and, most importantly, it looks as if the people behind it actually know football. Can. Not. Wait.

Post #: 4
- 27/1/2009 2:32:22 PM   
Brother L

Looks shite. Very disappointed as the book is superb. The tone of the books is ominous and dark, whereas this looks like Carry On Leeds Utd and as if the budget was around £500. Michael Sheen unfortunately looks like a pale imitation of Cloughie. Too smiley and soft looking. David Morrissey would have been a far more appropriate call........................

Post #: 5
- 27/1/2009 3:44:15 PM   
umer_ejaz

I thought Brian Clough was more built up than Michael Sheen. Sheen looks uncomfortable playin such an iconic figure in the world of football. Doesn't look bad but it's sheen that makes it look like a two star film

Post #: 6
RE: - 27/1/2009 4:55:04 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brother L

Looks shite. Very disappointed as the book is superb. The tone of the books is ominous and dark, whereas this looks like Carry On Leeds Utd and as if the budget was around 500. Michael Sheen unfortunately looks like a pale imitation of Cloughie. Too smiley and soft looking. David Morrissey would have been a far more appropriate call........................

Was Clough tall, thin & gangly?

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Brother L)
Post #: 7
I hate football, and yet - 27/1/2009 5:55:12 PM   
Ethanial

this looks absolutely brilliant.
I just hope Morgan gets it right, Frost/nixon didn't feel right, maybe it was trying to be too big.
Still, Morgan/Sheen is always a nice combo.

Post #: 8
- 27/1/2009 7:31:34 PM   
Bezerker

I didn't think it would look as glossy as this, if you see what I mean - I was expecting the trailer to look less fun. Also it seems to follow Cloughy further in his career than the (brilliant) book did - this looks like an absolute winner

Post #: 9
RE: - 28/1/2009 11:17:07 AM   
BudBaxter

Who exactly is the target audience for this?

I can imagine someone making a Sunday night ITV drama about him, but seriously, who's going to pay to go to the cinema to see a film about Brian Clough? & will anyone outside the UK have even heard of him?

I'm sure Sheen will be great as he usually is, but I just don't see the point in this.

(in reply to Bezerker)
Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 28/1/2009 1:49:20 PM   
Jayseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brother L

Looks shite. Very disappointed as the book is superb. The tone of the books is ominous and dark, whereas this looks like Carry On Leeds Utd and as if the budget was around 500. Michael Sheen unfortunately looks like a pale imitation of Cloughie. Too smiley and soft looking. David Morrissey would have been a far more appropriate call........................

Was Clough tall, thin & gangly?

No and David Morrisey isn't thin and gangly either. Though granted he is fairly tall.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 11
- 29/1/2009 8:30:39 AM   
stravers

Pele slaloming through a square-looking Wehrmacht back four always, always does it for me. Victoire! Victoire!

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Damned United Trailer Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI