Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

I really wasn't that bothered about a Tintin movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> I really wasn't that bothered about a Tintin movie Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I really wasn't that bothered about a Tintin movie - 27/1/2009 3:23:43 PM   
muchobenny

But a screenplay co-written by Stephen Moffatt, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish?! Colour me very intrigued. Great cast list too.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
That;s right - 27/1/2009 4:46:58 PM   
SUPER_movie_FREAK

The little kid from Love Actually was supposed to be playing Tintin. But after Universal opted out, he then left the project. After Mr. Speilberger found a new home for it I guess he didn't want to come back and so he had to find a replacement, (in the form of Jamie Bell).

Post #: 32
Everything sounds great apart from Jamie Bell as Tintin - 27/1/2009 4:49:55 PM   
gavinb4203

Ok i'm a big fan of Tintin and was really excited at hearing Speilberg and Jackson directing. Edgar wright and Stephan Moffat writing, as a big fan of Dr Who and Spaced just made it sound even better. I think the casting though could be better, Pegg and Frost as the Thompson Twins is an inspired peice of casting but the two central characters are Tintin and Captain Haddock and i just don't think Bell and Serkis will pull it off. I can understand the reasons for Andy Serkis due to his previous experience in this type of film making (LOTR and King Kong) but to be perfectly honest by Return of the King Gollem was just annoying and as for King Kong. Jamie Bell just doesn't seem to fit as Tintin, i'm not a big fan of his in anycase. I had heard the kid from charlie and the chocolate factory (Freddie Highmore) was doing it that would have been a much better choice. I hope there is enough creative talent in the mix for this to live up to what it could be. I can't help thinking that they could have done better than Andy Serkis and Jamie Bell. I sincerely hope they prove me wrong. Anyone know who's playing Calculus?

Post #: 33
RE: Everything sounds great apart from Jamie Bell as Ti... - 27/1/2009 4:57:13 PM   
Timon

Freddie Highmore would be too young, Tintin's meant to be a reporter in his 20s isn't he? Highmore's barely 17.

I think Bell's a good choice and he clearly made an impact on Jackson during Kong for him to be cast.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to gavinb4203)
Post #: 34
RE: What a package!?!?! - 27/1/2009 4:59:15 PM   
Moosedog

Just coming....

(in reply to syorkslad)
Post #: 35
Interest Levels UP 100% - 27/1/2009 5:24:49 PM   
darjeelingmike

Edgar Wright, Steven Spielberg and a cast like that - I just got very excited. But I have my doubts too. This is still a long way away, I wanna see pics of the cast as characters, the look of the film in set pics and preferably a trailer before I start judging. Also there are so many films I am excited for this year before I see this one. Peter Jackson is a mixed bag for me. Kong and The Frighteners were ace but i'm not a LOTR fan and I think that he will ruin The Lovely Bones. Very much looking forward to how this turns out, visually and performance wise.

Post #: 36
Joe Cornish!? - 27/1/2009 5:38:42 PM   
emperorglenuff

As in Joe from Adam and Joe? Thats the most random bit of news I've heard in a long time. Everything that comes from that pair is quality, so I bet he'll inject something worthwhile in to the proceedings

Post #: 37
Joe Cornish!? - 27/1/2009 5:38:51 PM   
emperorglenuff

As in Joe from Adam and Joe? Thats the most random bit of news I've heard in a long time. Everything that comes from that pair is quality, so I bet he'll inject something worthwhile in to the proceedings

Post #: 38
Joe Cornish!? - 27/1/2009 5:38:58 PM   
emperorglenuff

Post #: 39
Spielberg is an idiot - 27/1/2009 6:43:18 PM   
oxfordlover

Spielberg is an idiot why is he doing this in 3D! But first of all why is going to ruin TinTin anyway! He better not make him American! But i have to say Jamie Bell is a way better choice over that boy from Love Actually and Andy Serkis will be great he always finds a way to be. I just wish Spielberg had nothing to do with the whole thing because i just know he will ruin it!

Post #: 40
Good Casting of Bell as Tintin - 27/1/2009 6:57:05 PM   
Taz69

He's a good actor (the ONLY good thing in Jumper - even Samuel L. Jackson sucked) and as gone one from strength sice Billy Elliot. Tin as a great cast now with Bell joining Pegg, Frost, Serkis, Jones etc and having Bond himself I'm now looking forward to this. I know the secret that Unicorns already: they're always horny. Boom bom. TRUMPET

Post #: 41
yeah, but WHY Tintin? - 27/1/2009 7:22:26 PM   
leroythemasochist

You read that plot and it sounds a right laugh! buried treasure, pirates, lost maps in model ships in bottles.... Top stuff. I enjoyed the Tintin books when I was a kid and the level of detail in the drawing is wonderful. The problem is this: Why make a Tintin movie? They made a terrible live action one about 25-30 years back and everyone looked like they did in Popeye - sort of sylised and vaguely cartoony. It was horid and just a bit scary (like Lazy Town on steroids if any of you have kids and have been unlucky enough to witness this TV horror).
Also, couldn't Steven have just used a story like that and got some creative sould together to start some sort of interesting treasure seeking movie about pirates with a boy hero and lots of old fashioned in camera effects dominating the action - like he did with Indy?
The only reason I can see (and I'm sorry Mr S) for this motion capture route and doing Tintin is because people know Tintin (though is the audience for this big enough?) and also because motion capture is for some unfathomable reason fashionable right now.
I will never understand this choice of projects when he could be doing Lincoln and maybe even getting on with doing OTHER ACTION ADVENTURE MOVIES... Whatever, I know that's not a popular idea on this site, but this Tintin thing is just gonna be horrid

Post #: 42
Pegg's got a dog, hasn't he? - 28/1/2009 1:26:50 AM   
MadMatt

I seem to recall him talking about his faithful hound in an interview somewhere, and how he was determined to make him/her a star. Here's your chance, Simon!

Post #: 43
Tintin a great idea! - 28/1/2009 6:41:44 AM   
vineethchacko

'The Secret of the Unicorn' is one of my favourite two-story arcs. 'Red Rackham's Treasure' could be interspersed with this story. Spielberg already used 'The seven crystal balls'/'Prisoners of the Sun' elements for Indy - he said so himself (so that should be out). And I am one of the few who thinks performance-capture is the only way to do this. Tintin in live action can be very silly - this medium is perfect for such material.
Along with 'Captain America' and 'Avengers' this is my most anticipated film of 2011.

(in reply to MadMatt)
Post #: 44
RE: Tintin a great idea! - 28/1/2009 8:04:05 AM   
Drew_231

If anything this sounds interesting

But I really think that they should rather do 'The Crystal Balls' and 'Prisoners of the Sun' as opposed to Unicorn and Rackham.
They really shouldn't do the Moon ones simply because we have already landed on the moon, and theres nothing much special about it

(in reply to vineethchacko)
Post #: 45
Secret of the Unicorn & Red Rackham's Treasure - 28/1/2009 11:10:31 AM   
fish that roared

These are probably the best stories to do and were my personal favourite Tintin adventures when I was a kid. Is Adam Buxton too busy filming Radiohead to take part then, pity.

Post #: 46
- 29/1/2009 12:25:09 PM   
heathermcfeather

I couldn't stand Tintin as a child, but considering the cast and Peter Jackson, I'm actually really looking forward to this movie.

Post #: 47
- 29/1/2009 2:02:43 PM   
Laura T

What happened to the kid from Love Actually?? I thought he was going to be TinTin? Oh well as long as there is Snowy, I don't care who plays TinTin!!

Post #: 48
- 30/1/2009 4:53:00 PM   
Glawsfan4

Thompson and Thomson are not twins, Helen...

Post #: 49
Can't wait! - 30/1/2009 6:15:06 PM   
LukeVlad

As I am a Tintin obssessor I'm can't wait! I absolutely love Tintin! I'm a bit disapointed that it is The Secret of the Unicorn - I would of liked it if it was a new Tintin adventure - but I still just can't wait! So, I hope that this film goes to plan, and I'll be looking forward to seeing Daniel Craig as Captain Haddock!

Post #: 50
RE: Can't wait! - 31/1/2009 9:57:28 AM   
LucienSanchez

quote:

ORIGINAL: LukeVlad

As I am a Tintin obssessor I'm can't wait! I absolutely love Tintin! I'm a bit disapointed that it is The Secret of the Unicorn - I would of liked it if it was a new Tintin adventure - but I still just can't wait! So, I hope that this film goes to plan, and I'll be looking forward to seeing Daniel Craig as Captain Haddock!

daniel craig is not playing haddock, he is the pirate. serkis is haddock.

(in reply to LukeVlad)
Post #: 51
RE: oh... those voices - 31/1/2009 1:10:23 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I think Jamie Bell is a great choice. He out-acted Craig and Schreiber in Defiance and was the best thing in Jumper.

Are you crazy?  Jamie Bell is an awful actor!  I never believe he's the character he's meant to be portraying; I just think of him as Jamie Bell trying to act. He gave the worst turn in Defiance by a mile/

And Jumper?  Were you watching the same movie as me?  Jamie Bell was a DISGRACE in Jumper, his performance was pathetic.  So wooden only the trees were applauding it.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 52
What? - 6/2/2009 1:06:22 PM   
darjeelingmike

Jamie Bell is a great actor, he was the highlight of Jumper and I have not yet seen Defiance but he looks good in it. He was also great in Hallam Foe and Undertow and King Kong has set him up well for this venture :) If he could do the right accent I think that Michael J. Fox would be great as Tintin, but only in his Back To The Future days (the first one). I think he would have looked the part and acted it really well, but the film would not have been able to be made very well back then I think.

Post #: 53
This is not how it was meant to be... - 9/2/2009 2:33:26 AM   
Abbottron

Years ago, I had a dream of breaking into the movie world with a live action Tin-tin movie and it seems to me that this adaption will be mediocre at best! Motion capture!! How could you Steven? I'm afraid this will turn out like another sissy Polar Express, when it's real potential could be reached as a more Indiana Jones-like film. The cast is brilliant, so why can't they at least film it sort of like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow? I expected more from my two idol film makers.

Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> I really wasn't that bothered about a Tintin movie Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI