Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PGA And SAG Love Slumdog - 26/1/2009 8:53:33 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 26/1/2009 8:53:34 AM   
dvddave

Hopefully come oscar time the academy will see sense and give Rouke his deserved oscar.slumdog will rule the rest while and non big shock of the night will be Ledger's reward for what has to be the best performance in that catergory

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Predictions - 26/1/2009 9:24:50 AM   
Calsterman

Slumdog-Best film
Danny Boyle- Director
Heath Ledger- Best Supporting Actor
Mickey Rourke- Best Actor
Kate Winslet- Best Actress
Amy Adams- Best Supporting Actress
No real surprises, the Oscars aren't ones to play off script

Post #: 3
how fucking boring - 26/1/2009 10:44:12 AM   
Hughezy

seriously, i DARE an awards commity to get some balls

Post #: 4
RE: how fucking boring - 26/1/2009 12:04:34 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hughezy

how so? by giving an unworthy winner the top prize? bloody dark knight fans, theyre the new daily mail readers...

(in reply to Hughezy)
Post #: 5
RE: how fucking boring - 26/1/2009 12:43:40 PM   
Hughezy

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

how so? by giving an unworthy winner the top prize? bloody dark knight fans, theyre the new daily mail readers...

i couldn't give 2 shits about Dark Knight, i just can't stand how it's always the same fucking films that get nominated. it's so boring.

Biggest sequel whore going

http://BigHughezy.bebo.com

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 6
MICKEY ROURKE IS GOING TO WRESTLEMAINIA 25.... WHAT?! - 26/1/2009 12:45:13 PM   
Hughezy

did anyone seem that interview he gave on E!? it seemed to back up the rumours that he's actually GOING to wrestle!!!!

this is a BAD idea Mick, DO NOT do it.

Post #: 7
RE: how fucking boring - 26/1/2009 1:17:54 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

i couldn't give 2 shits about Dark Knight, i just can't stand how it's always the same fucking films that get nominated. it's so boring.

but surely the same films are nominated and win simply because they are the best in their field? slumdog millionaire is a great film, not my favourite of the bunch but i recognise its quality. sean penn is fantastic in milk, i defy anyone to sit through that film and come out thinking anything less. wall-e was the best animated film of last year, period. kate winslett won the award that i would say was right for her role in the reader; screentime aside i genuinely felt that hers was a suppporting character, lending the weight that ralph fiennes' character worked off of. any award show that gives mad men recognition deserves at least some respect. and while i havent yet seen man on wire or doubt i am looking forward to both rather a lot, with the accompanying press recognition suggesting that both are deserved winners. i would say that the only films that i felt genuinely deserve more recognition are the wrestler and changeling, alas i cant always have it the way i want it.

out of interest, how would you rather have seen it? who would have been nominated?

(in reply to Hughezy)
Post #: 8
RE: how fucking boring - 26/1/2009 2:29:18 PM   
Hughezy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

but surely the same films are nominated and win simply because they are the best in their field? slumdog millionaire is a great film, not my favourite of the bunch but i recognise its quality. sean penn is fantastic in milk, i defy anyone to sit through that film and come out thinking anything less. wall-e was the best animated film of last year, period. kate winslett won the award that i would say was right for her role in the reader; screentime aside i genuinely felt that hers was a suppporting character, lending the weight that ralph fiennes' character worked off of. any award show that gives mad men recognition deserves at least some respect. and while i havent yet seen man on wire or doubt i am looking forward to both rather a lot, with the accompanying press recognition suggesting that both are deserved winners. i would say that the only films that i felt genuinely deserve more recognition are the wrestler and changeling, alas i cant always have it the way i want it.

out of interest, how would you rather have seen it? who would have been nominated?

The Wrestler would've been nominated for everything and i can't understand why it hasn't been.

Biggest sequel whore going

http://BigHughezy.bebo.com

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 9
- 29/1/2009 2:06:43 PM   
Laura T

I wonder if American's think we all sound like Kate Winslet - posh??? When I went to NYC they thought I was from anywhere by England, just cos I don't sound like Kate, Hugh etc!
Congrats to her all the same, lets hope she doesn't get overlooked at the Oscars again!! That would suck for her!

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> PGA And SAG Love Slumdog Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI