Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

ROscommon Child Abuse Case

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> ROscommon Child Abuse Case Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 1:55:00 PM   
blackduck

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0121/roscommon.html

Shocking that such blatant abuse could go on for so long without anyone helping them. How the high court sided with her the first time is beyond me...

I am but an egg.
Post #: 1
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 2:06:57 PM   
theram05

What sickens me is the religious group who went to the high court for her. Toss in the fact that the whole fucking villages seems to have known, well it just disgusts me to my soul. Abhorrent.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 2
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 2:07:55 PM   
Woger

Lots of stuff happened in Ireland and people were happy to sweep it under the carpet. It sickens me to hear people in Ireland talk of the younger generation, country going down the drain, Poles blah blah when horrendous things happened in the past but as long as things were pushed to the side life was rosy.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 3
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 2:12:06 PM   
blackduck

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

What sickens me is the religious group who went to the high court for her. Toss in the fact that the whole fucking villages seems to have known, well it just disgusts me to my soul. Abhorrent.

Very little information on them at the moment. I hope more comes to light about them.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 4
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 3:32:10 PM   
theram05

I hope they string up the religious nuts.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 5
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 3:47:52 PM   
Peter Dragon

I dunno lads.
Anyone hear the lady from the village where it happened on Newstalk yesterday?
She basically made the point that no one knew the extent of what was going on.
Yes they all knew the kids were not being taken care off, but they were all told that the authorities were aware and were involved. I presume many assumed the "authorities" were taking care of it. I know I would have.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 6
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 3:50:06 PM   
theram05

I heard kids were chanting things at the to the effect in the playground, sounds like a lot of people knew or suspected to me. Its messy up there Pete, very messy.

Good to see you again, hows all down in Cork? Am gonna resurrect the rugby thread for you...

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 7
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 4:05:02 PM   
Peter Dragon

Sounds like an awful awful sad sorry fucked up state of affairs.
Fair dues to the kid that stood up in front of the court yesterday and read the victim impact statement about his mom.

I'm good man, just quiet in work this evening.
All is well in Cork.
I've been checking on Oval's regularly, looks like it's just you and me in there recently, suppose European domination by Munster tends to alienate the other fans.

< Message edited by Peter Dragon -- 23/1/2009 4:07:49 PM >

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 8
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 23/1/2009 5:50:55 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Lots of stuff happened in Ireland and people were happy to sweep it under the carpet. It sickens me to hear people in Ireland talk of the younger generation, country going down the drain, Poles†blah blah when horrendous things happened in the past but as long as things were pushed to the side life was rosy.

Much like that orphanage last year, it was like something out of a hammer-horror and was forgotten about/swept out of the public eye pretty quickly. Nasty stuff.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 9
RE: ROscommon Child Abuse Case - 24/1/2009 10:40:33 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

A very fucked up situation. One thing puzzled me though, after the High Court granted the injunction why did the WHB as it was then, not challenge it?

It's also a disgrace that she only got 7 years, admittedly that is all the judge could sentence due to the fact that this is the first case in the history of the state, but still.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 10
RE: Roscommon Child Abuse Case - 24/1/2009 5:15:35 PM   
Chips_Ahoy

Bunch of savages in this town. Truly.

That is a disgusting case. It reflects poorly on the town if many new what was going on or at least that there was something going on and they failed to act. Horrible.

Let my Cameron go

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> ROscommon Child Abuse Case Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI