Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Emmerich To Direct Foundation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Emmerich To Direct Foundation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emmerich To Direct Foundation - 19/1/2009 1:00:40 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Doesn't sound like much fun does it? - 19/1/2009 1:00:40 PM   
TheMadFatChickKiller

Can't imagine audiences thrilling to the 'psychohistory' - unless Emmerich jettisons all that for loads of really cool galaxy sized explosions. Give him his due he is an articulate and competent filmaker, even despite the mis-step of 10,000 BC (Imagine the pitch for that one "It's Apocalypto.....for kids!"). Maybe he should just remake Zardoz, that's a film ripe for the reimaginng

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
:( - 19/1/2009 1:56:15 PM   
richCie

Unless Emmerich possesses a hidden talent for producing a strong narrative and some excellent performances, as well as perhaps a decent sense of discovery and acheivement (of psychohistory) rather than simply a capability to make effects shots this is bad news for any fans of decent thought provoking sci fi.

i'll probably end up loving 2012 now and have to hastily rethink my assessment...

< Message edited by richCie -- 19/1/2009 1:57:21 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: :( - 19/1/2009 3:51:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

I've never thought that those books made for particularly filmic stories. I suppose if they combined Foundation and Foundation and Empire you would at least get some spaceships and a 'villian'.

Would be interesting if this and Dune came out at the same time as the series of books by both authors was almost a back and forth argument about the merits of psychohistory.

But I am prepared for a movie where the armies of Foundation fight the evil Empire lead by the Mule and Will Smith appearing as a hologram from the past every so often.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 4
RE: :( - 19/1/2009 4:24:52 PM   
HitchHiker

I've never considered the Foundation novels to lend themselves to film adaptations either. I'm not holding out too much hope for this one.

If God had wanted us to fly he would have built the airports closer to the cities.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 5
Oh dear... - 19/1/2009 7:52:39 PM   
Evil_Monkey25

Well, it was a fun idea while it lasted...

Post #: 6
cross between stargate and titan AE - 20/1/2009 5:21:00 AM   
miketang99

titan AE wa spretty good animationa dn this could be a similar concept

Post #: 7
RE: Emmerich To Direct Foundation - 20/1/2009 9:26:23 AM   
FGT

I've loved the books since I was a kid. I just don't see the story as a cinematic one unless they put loads of giant robotic lizards, space battles and bare nekkid ladies in it. I feel that a quality tv series would be a better vehicle for the Foundation trilogy.
quote:

..the armies of Foundation fight the evil Empire lead by the Mule and Will Smith appearing as a hologram from the past every so often

Be careful what you wish for...

What would Dexter do?

Post #: 8
Don't screw it up and call it good! - 26/1/2009 2:11:09 AM   
CooLDsteR

I'm very excited for this movie. To me, when watching the film, if it makes me think of the book in a "good" way (well done), then I'll like it.

I'm reading the Foundation novels over again starting with Prelude; I'm just finishing Fdn's Edge now. :D

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Emmerich To Direct Foundation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI