Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 10/12/2011 12:54:39 AM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

So like, will anything ever come of these pages?

HA HA HA what a story Mark.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 211
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 10/12/2011 3:16:11 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

Who's Mark?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 212
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 10/12/2011 4:40:03 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

Who's Mark?

It's a quote from The Room. They usually are.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 213
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 10/12/2011 6:35:45 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

Who's Mark?

It's a quote from The Room. They usually are

Ahhhhhhhhhh! "You're tearing me apart!"

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 10/12/2011 6:36:02 AM >

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 214
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 10/12/2011 11:17:42 AM   
MonsterCat

Oh, hai, Spaldron.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 215
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 12/12/2011 4:29:14 PM   
Invader_Ace

Can we get some Spoiler Tags please?!

That would work the same way as Quote Tags and sort out all the problems of formatting spoilers.
eg
[spoiler] spoiler invisible text [/spoiler]

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 216
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 17/12/2011 9:57:34 PM   
rich

Snape kills Dumbledore

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 217
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 18/12/2011 5:31:01 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Can we get some Spoiler Tags please?!

That would work the same way as Quote Tags and sort out all the problems of formatting spoilers.
eg
[spoiler] spoiler invisible text [/spoiler]

This ^

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 218
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 18/12/2011 5:32:43 AM   
Spaldron

I propose we have a Radio sub forum. Loads of people listen to the radio but there's no discussion of it here. There's a TV sub-forum so why shouldn't there be one for the Radio?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 219
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 18/12/2011 10:55:55 AM   
elab49

Some radio shows (and podcasts) have had threads in Small Screen and they have been included in Lists as well. This is pretty much the first ever request for a sub-forum (I think!) and I doubt it would happen based on potential use. It might be just a case of adjusting forum titles than creating entirely new ones. I doubt there would be an objection to eg a thread or so in Audiophile specific to music shows on radio (just as there are for specific critics in Movie Musings)? And continue to be individual threads as and when in Small Screen.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 220
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 18/12/2011 11:39:57 AM   
Captain Black

Yeah, start a thread in audiophile and if it takes off...we'll see.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 221
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 21/12/2011 8:48:33 AM   
Pigeon Army

I still can't send PMs.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 222
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 3/1/2012 9:31:43 AM   
rich

They didn't even fix the thread title thing, I still have to go in and try to figure out what "In Reply to Captain Villa" means and other cryptic messages. 

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 223
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 3/1/2012 9:33:28 AM   
elab49

What thread title thing? 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 224
In reply to elab49 - 3/1/2012 5:34:22 PM   
rich

Half the time when you read the thread titles from the main forum page, you can't see the actual topic - you get all sorts of random things people have replaced them with (see this post header)

Meanwhile...

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 225
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 3/1/2012 5:52:29 PM   
elab49

That's people too lazy to change the title though, not Empire. Unless you're suggesting all fixed titles - but given the breadth of different discussions within threads I don't think they would work and it would restrict the ability for the first poster to change things too. I don't see that being something that would change.

quote:

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 226
Reply to Captain Villa - 7/1/2012 10:36:37 PM   
rich

Well they could simply remove that text option above the posts....

Meanwhile...

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 227
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 7/1/2012 11:43:40 PM   
elab49

Already answered that - it gives people the option for relevant changes as discussions progress. 

quote:

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 228
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 8/1/2012 1:57:06 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

They didn't even fix the thread title thing, I still have to go in and try to figure out what "In Reply to Captain Villa" means and other cryptic messages.

Yeah, who the fuck is Captain Villa?

I think making the subject line unchangeable is the only thing I would change about this forum. I know it sounds weird and and perhaps a bit stupid, but it genuinely annoys me when someone changes the subject line to something stupid like the aforementioned "In Reply to Captain Villa".

I need to get naked with a girl and stop getting irritated by insignificant things like subject headers, that's what I need to do.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 8/1/2012 2:00:38 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 229
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 8/1/2012 10:26:24 AM   
elab49

But we can't change things just because of the stupid minority? IMO that's annoying enough in the real world. And it seems fair to point out this is something that would annoy Mods more than someone just ticked off with one thread - spammers do it all the time and we need to adjust it then too.

The title is also part of the search function - the same title throughout a massive thread would just make finding things harder as well.

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 230
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 8/1/2012 11:22:36 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Captain Villa is just someone who used to post in the Future Batman Films thread, MC. I used to try and change it back to a Batman title whenever I posted in there, but some people change it back to Captain Villa on purpose.

< Message edited by Darth Marenghi -- 8/1/2012 11:23:16 PM >

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 231
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 8/1/2012 11:40:17 PM   
Rgirvan44

I like the Captain Villa thing. Gives the thread its own personality!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 232
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 9/1/2012 8:36:58 PM   
rich

You monster! 

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 233
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 20/12/2012 11:29:51 AM   
Rgirvan44

Change the name of Favorite Films thread please - something like Focused Film Discussion works better I think.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 234
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 20/12/2012 12:59:42 PM   
elab49

I don't think it needs to be extended to focussed tbh - and absolutely, we need the name change to make clear the sub-forum is for discussing individual films as was discussed in some detail in Off Topic a while back. 

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 235
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 6/11/2013 12:28:06 PM   
larence

everything is excellent in this empire forum.the only i find little annoying is that it takes longer than usual time to load the site.thank you

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 236
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 6/11/2013 7:04:24 PM   
rich

So looking at this, basically the Powers that Be have all buggered off since 2009 and done nothing about the suggestions in here or any of the various bugs being reported? If they were ever here?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 237
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 20/2/2014 10:01:08 AM   
khaos11

I'm not really sure have I chosen the right topic about my question but I can't see here any theme like a simple "Question - Answear" to make it there. All what I'm interested in is:
- Where can I find a topic with "The Sopranos" discussions? It's fairly to suppose the theme must be in "Small Screen" the branch but I couldn't see this famous TV show there...

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 238
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 20/2/2014 10:06:16 AM   
elab49

Try using search - there's a general one at the top of the page and also one at the bottom of the page within the sub-forum.

That said there is an old Small Screen index stickied at the top of the Small Screen sub-forum - The Sopranos (UK and US threads) are in that.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 20/2/2014 10:07:37 AM >

quote:

(in reply to khaos11)
Post #: 239
RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! - 20/2/2014 12:38:36 PM   
khaos11

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Try using search - there's a general one at the top of the page and also one at the bottom of the page within the sub-forum.

That said there is an old Small Screen index stickied at the top of the Small Screen sub-forum - The Sopranos (UK and US threads) are in that.

No use. elab49 could you please give me the refer? The searchers didn't give me a wishful result but mention of the show in the News but not in Threads. I begin even to afraid that no one here is fond of The Sopranos.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Review of the EMPIRE Forums - your thoughts welcome! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI