Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 21/2/2012 1:43:03 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amelie_Scotland

I'm a nightmare to follow on twitter. I honestly have no idea why I have so many followers, even if half of them are spam.

The new twitter layout is taking some getting used to.

I started. But I'm sorry to say you tweet an awful lot so I had to unfollow.
I've only just started on Twitter mind.

Meow!

Art

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 571
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 24/2/2012 3:58:42 PM   
rick_7

I followed some more of you exciting people. I have an upside-down picture. Actually, it's the right-way up, but I was upside down.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 572
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 16/4/2012 3:47:31 PM   
paul_ie86

So what do we all make of this whole Grace Dent thing?

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 573
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 16/4/2012 3:57:07 PM   
steffols

Seems to have got way out of hand. He really shouldn't have said it and he definitely shouldn't have tagged her in his tweet, but seriously, how many of us have said something along the lines of that on twitter?

And it's a bit hypocritical of Dent has people have now started trawling her twitter coming up with nasty things she has said about people in the past, one I've seen is of her saying Stacy Solomon sounds like she has mumps when she speaks...

< Message edited by steffols -- 16/4/2012 3:59:21 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 574
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 16/4/2012 4:05:08 PM   
paul_ie86

But is there not a difference in saying that about someone rather to them? Especially if your company works with them. Like, would you be happy if someone you worked with said that your face?

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 575
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 16/4/2012 4:08:34 PM   
Hood_Man

"I don't think telling Grace Dent she looks like a horse is a sackable offence but thats just meeighhh"

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 576
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 16/4/2012 5:11:46 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

But is there not a difference in saying that about someone rather to them? Especially if your company works with them. Like, would you be happy if someone you worked with said that your face?

This working for her thing is a silly argument. He is probably a tiny pea in a huge company who's clients just happened to include The Guardian newspaper. The guy doesn't work directly for Grace Dent, its just a minor coincidence.

He shouldn't have @replied her with his horrible statement. He shouldn't have said it, but most of us are not innocent in saying nasty things about people in the public eye, this guy was just incredibly niave in his use of twitter. Considering what Dent has said about people in the past (@replied or not @replied) she is being incredibly hypocritical in wanting the poor guy to lose his job for a spur of the moment tweet.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 577
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 16/4/2012 6:30:48 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
This working for her thing is a silly argument. He is probably a tiny pea in a huge company who's clients just happened to include The Guardian newspaper. The guy doesn't work directly for Grace Dent, its just a minor coincidence.

I've been thinking about it and I've changed my mind, you're right. Tbh, I just think she was serious about it and just wanted to give him a scare, although that's just my reading of it. Unfortunately though, they'll probably have to fire him now anyway just to show people they don't tolerate that thing

quote:

Considering what Dent has said about people in the past (@replied or not @replied) she is being incredibly hypocritical in wanting the poor guy to lose his job for a spur of the moment tweet.

I still think there's a big difference between @replying someone in your tweet and not @replying someone in your tweet when your slagging them off.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 578
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 16/4/2012 6:38:45 PM   
Hood_Man

Unless this turns out to be a PR stunt of course. I didn't know who she was before this, now she's the top trend on twitter (or was earlier today at least, I've not checked since).

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 579
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 17/4/2012 8:56:28 PM   
clownfoot

Cool! Just asked Peter Lord if he's seen Evil Dead 2 yet and he's responded "Well not yet. As such." I might have to ask a few more famous peeps whether they have or not to help drive Evil Dead 2's popularity further into the stratosphere...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 580
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 17/4/2012 9:36:32 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Unless this turns out to be a PR stunt of course. I didn't know who she was before this, now she's the top trend on twitter (or was earlier today at least, I've not checked since).

I'm pretty sure it was not a stunt...she's really not that type of journo. Seems to have blown over very quickly anyway

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 581
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 20/4/2012 10:15:10 PM   
Shifty Bench

After reading through the last few pages of this thread, I have came to the conclusion that I am not giving my twitter name to any of you freaks

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 582
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 6/5/2012 7:18:34 PM   
jcthefirst

Just joined.

Follow me if ya like: Jonny_C85

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 583
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 6/5/2012 10:20:33 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

After reading through the last few pages of this thread, I have came to the conclusion that I am not giving my twitter name to any of you freaks

I know you're twitter name. What will you give me not to tell them all?

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

Post #: 584
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 6/5/2012 10:34:30 PM   
Shifty Bench

Huh. Ummmmmm.........

(That dude has massive fucking hands )

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 585
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 17/10/2012 4:56:55 PM   
DaveNewman18

Just gone on a following binge..

think I got most of you... but this is me - http://twitter.com/davenewmanexp

Twitter: @davenewmanexp
Follow me if you dare ;)

Post #: 586
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 18/10/2012 12:04:37 AM   
The2ndRing

@MrsDianaWhiting if you are inclined. I know a few of your on here do already

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

(in reply to DaveNewman18)
Post #: 587
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 30/1/2013 7:18:37 PM   
UTB

Will add whoever I can find... follow back please! @beasled

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 588
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 12:22:51 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Just followed you.

And you, JC.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 589
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 1:40:35 AM   
SadFace

I go by @JackSadler9 if anyone's interested.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 590
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 8:09:34 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Wondered who that was.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 591
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 10:27:38 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Something I love about Twitter is its open-ness. For instance, I watched Grabbers the other day and hashtagged the title. Clearly the film's writer, Kevin Lehane, had a search column set up for the title being mentioned because almost immediately he favourited my first tweet about the film. I then followed him, and subsequently ended up in an extended conversation with him about the relative merits of Star Treks TNG and DS9. Kind of surreal having a conversation with the writer of a film while actually watching the film as well.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 592
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 11:25:54 AM   
UTB

Well I started working my way back through this thread but it seemed to turn into playground spats a few pages back so I stopped.

Still, followed some of you.

Post #: 593
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 11:50:43 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Something I love about Twitter is its open-ness.

That's actually one of the things that's most put me off it. After you see a few cases of thin-skinned celebrities setting their followers on someone who has dared to dislike them, it kind of sours the whole thing.

Post #: 594
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 11:59:34 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

That's actually one of the things that's most put me off it. After you see a few cases of thin-skinned celebrities setting their followers on someone who has dared to dislike them, it kind of sours the whole thing.

The thing is though, Twitter is generally like being in a massive pub. If you use it for conversation and a laugh you'll probably enjoy it. If you behave like a dickhead you'll probably get a smack in the chops, metaphorically speaking of course

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 595
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 12:04:34 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

After you see a few cases of thin-skinned celebrities setting their followers on someone who has dared to dislike them, it kind of sours the whole thing.

CoughKevinSmithCough

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 596
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 12:07:08 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

quote:

The thing is though, Twitter is generally like being in a massive pub. If you use it for conversation and a laugh you'll probably enjoy it. If you behave like a dickhead you'll probably get a smack in the chops, metaphorically speaking of course

This quote so much. I've had some great conversations and chatted to people I never normally would in real life. Over Christmas I spent some time chatting to a Burlesque artist I admire greatly. Which was fantastic.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 597
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 12:15:59 PM   
elab49

quote:

Something I love about Twitter is its open-ness. For instance, I watched Grabbers the other day and hashtagged the title. Clearly the film's writer, Kevin Lehane, had a search column set up for the title being mentioned because almost immediately he favourited my first tweet about the film. I then followed him, and subsequently ended up in an extended conversation with him about the relative merits of Star Treks TNG and DS9. Kind of surreal having a conversation with the writer of a film while actually watching the film as well.

One of the things that was noteworthy with the film was how much they engaged with people talking about it, generally. It's been one of the most positive uses of the platform I've seen since I joined and pretty much a model for how smaller films could use the site. It probably helps that some of them seem like massive geeks themselves!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 598
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 12:19:25 PM   
KnightofZyryab

I've recently excavated my Twitter account after not using it for over a year but have started tweeting again recently. I'm Julian@Ursell and wish I'd picked a more inventive name. I shall follow some of you guys!

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

Post #: 599
RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! - 31/1/2013 12:20:45 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

I've had a couple of incidents like that too, most exciting of which was a few weeks back, when in the midst of the discussion of the potential demise of HMV, I made a fleeting comment about a more sensible way to sell Blu-rays and DVD on the British high street, only to receive a DM asking for a business plan from the guy in charge of the best film company in the UK!

Also, last week I mentioned the documentary that he made on Steve Ditko, only to receive a follow from Jonathan Ross! Is it wrong that my first thought was "Monkeyshaver" and this thread when that happened?

Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI