Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

FM2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> FM2011 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FM2011 - 15/11/2010 4:48:20 PM   
kata

Anyone playing FM 2011?

Just started my first game.  Going to bring the glory days (back?) to PSG.  Just got knocked out of the Euro cup in the first qualifying stage.... that's just a minor setback though.  Viva la France!.... or something...

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 241
RE: FM2011 - 15/11/2010 6:09:17 PM   
directorscut

Might get it at some point but the new feature don't scream "BUY NOW".

Besides my Arsenal side in FM2010 is bloody ace. Went 142 games undefeated until last season. Now I'm only 72 undefeated since then.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 242
RE: FM2011 - 16/11/2010 5:09:35 PM   
Epiphany Demon

I've bought the new one yesterday, started with Brighton. Yet to fiddle with tactics and training but got Andy van der Meyde on a free, and a bunch of Spaniards.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 243
RE: FM2011 - 20/11/2010 4:21:28 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

FM2011 should be here next week, decided to start with Napoli. I'll keep you posted...

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 244
RE: FM2011 - 20/11/2010 6:03:04 PM   
CrassMan

Just got it yesterday. Pre-season can last bloody ages!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 245
RE: FM2011 - 4/2/2011 9:14:35 PM   
Olaf

won the treble with Arsenal, wooo. Jose Mourinho + Champions League final = ten goals, presumably. Er -

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to CrassMan)
Post #: 246
RE: FM2011 - 4/2/2011 10:15:57 PM   
directorscut

You need to sort out that leaky defense. 

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 247
RE: FM2011 - 5/2/2011 12:56:41 AM   
Olaf

Very much so. Djourou, Squillaci and Eboue all handed in transfer requests though :(

(we make up for it by being amazing at the other end though. RVP, Theo, Lukaku, Hazard, Elia, Chamakh, Nasri, etc.)

< Message edited by Olaf -- 5/2/2011 1:00:16 AM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Post #: 248
RE: FM2011 - 20/5/2011 10:25:21 PM   
Olaf

Any advice for a newly promoted manager who can't buy a win?

I mean, we're doing okay enough - managing Padova Calcio, and sitting midtable unbeaten in the Serie A - but the constant draws are beginning to aggravate me something serious. Tips plz.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 249
RE: FM2011 - 14/5/2012 7:19:18 PM   
ChickMagnet

So I've picked up Football Manager 2012 and wondered if anyone had any reccomendations for good signings, started a game as Southampton, aiming for the play-offs

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 250
RE: FM2011 - 14/5/2012 9:34:27 PM   
Olaf

Having briefly spent a period in charge of Southampton before being offered a job at Swansea, I would say that you probably don't need signings if you develop your youth players effectively. Some of the regens that come out of their youth academy every year were ridiculous.

I'm thinking of starting a new game, someone pick a team for me to manage. (I might start unemployed for a change.)

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 251
RE: FM2011 - 14/5/2012 9:41:34 PM   
superdan

Is it possible to transfer saved games to a new computer? I'm thinking of upgrading in the near future and I really don't want to lose my AFC Wimbledon save, it's taken me 5 seasons to get them into League 1 and I can't bear the thought of starting again, especially since I've started getting the club really motoring.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 252
RE: FM2011 - 14/5/2012 9:52:21 PM   
Rinc

I've transferred games to new machines. Just a case of copying the save files over.

I've been really tempted to start a new game recently, but I just don't want to fall off the wagon. I've been clean for nearly 2 years now.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 253
RE: FM2011 - 15/5/2012 12:45:34 PM   
st3veebee

I gave up on FM/CM around 4 years ago. The games are just too complicated for me now. Every aspect of training to sort out? Sod that. Too much tactic choices as well.

Back in the day I just liked the more simplistic tactics and finding amazing new players. They have overdone it now in my opinion.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 254
RE: FM2011 - 15/5/2012 2:06:43 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I've been really tempted to start a new game recently, but I just don't want to fall off the wagon. I've been clean for nearly 2 years now.

I'm also on the wagon, this thread hasn't helped.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 255
RE: FM2012 - 15/5/2012 2:30:34 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

I gave up on FM/CM around 4 years ago. The games are just too complicated for me now. Every aspect of training to sort out? Sod that. Too much tactic choices as well.

Back in the day I just liked themore simplistic tactics and finding amazing new players. They have overdone it now in my opinion.

I was beginning to think the same about 10 and 11, even though I still got loads of play out of them (06 or 08 were looking like the peak of the post-CM games), but 12 is genuinely the best in ages - no massive changes, but loads of little things made it much less of a grind than the last two while still keeping the depth. I'd rarely have completed five or six seasons with one club on the last couple, but the whole pre-match setup has been streamlined really effectively (without losing out on all the features of the previous games).

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 256
RE: FM2012 - 14/6/2012 3:47:27 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Back in the day I just liked the more simplistic tactics and finding amazing new players. They have overdone it now in my opinion.

I was beginning to think the same about 10 and 11, even though I still got loads of play out of them (06 or 08 were looking like the peak of the post-CM games), but 12 is genuinely the best in ages - no massive changes, but loads of little things made it much less of a grind than the last two while still keeping the depth. I'd rarely have completed five or six seasons with one club on the last couple, but the whole pre-match setup has been streamlined really effectively (without losing out on all the features of the previous games).

What with Euro 2012 piquing my interest in footie again I have to say I'm bloody tempted to pick up FM12 now, epesically after reading about how it is less of a slog than the last two games.

Hopefully I have the patience to wait for a deal on the game at least..

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 257
RE: FM2012 - 13/4/2013 3:32:11 PM   
Rinc

Rinc's Championship Manager 2001/-2 Journey

CM 01/02 is a legendary version of the game. Easy to play, not too complicated and featuring legend upon CM legend. Maxim Tsigalko, Taribo West, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Kim Kallstrom... just saying the names brings back those halcyon days of winning leagues and cups whilst studying for my A-levels.

So, influenced by a friend of mine I've downloaded the free version of this game and have started as Liverpool. Liverpool have just won the cup treble and have swelled their ranks with titans like Salif Diao, El-Hadji Diouf and Bruno Cheyrou. They already have legends like Hyypia, Hamann, Owen and a young Steven Gerrard. So surely Liverpool have the talent to win the league? Surely they now have the manager? Surely success will be mine? Well, we'll soon find out.

Immediately upon arriving at Anfield I want to strip the team of crap and build a young squad full of skilful, pacey players. My CM/FM philosophy is always this:

Create a first XI of world class players.
Have a backup XI of younger brilliant players.
Have a youth XI of 15/16 year olds who will turn into brilliant players.
Not spend too much money beyond the first summer.
Waste no time in clearing out the deadwood.
Cut wages and build the stadium up.
Play attractive football.
Win everything in sight.

Now there's a few problems achieving this in this game. Firstly, there is only a reserve team and no youth squad like in future additions so my squad will only take so many players. Secondly, Liverpool are already a pretty good team and a lot of the deadwood I would usually clear out (Dudek, Biscan, Babel, Smicer, Diouf, Heskey, Baros) are actually decent players and it would set us back. Thirdly, I installed a patch before playing which means some players who I'd usually buy straightaway such as Kallstrom and Anelka have just signed for new clubs so I can't buy them. What's even worse is the patch means Tonton Zola Moukoko, To Madeira and Jonas Lunden don't even exist!

But do not fear, I was once a total master on this game and will soon find my way. My current squad is this:

Some of those players will find themselves on their way to another club at some point but I'm happy to keep them at the moment. In the reserves I have youngsters such as Richie Partridge, Gregory Vignal, Jon Welsh and Neil Mellor who will provide decent cover for injuries.

But I'm still going to strengthen this squad no end. I've currently got bids for the following waiting: Cherno Samba, David Prutton, Joe Cole, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Tsigalko, van der Vaart and Taribo West. I don't expect to get some of them but if I can just get West, Cole, Tsigalko and Prutton I'll be very happy.

Can't remember anything about the best tactics in this version but I'm starting with this tasty number:

Obviously the personnel will change but I always like to have attacking full backs, a solid midfield to build attacks from and a creative player in the hole. Hopefully Joe Cole, van der Vaart or Bakircioglu can be that player.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 258
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 3:40:49 PM   
Rinc

So I had all my bids rejected!

Well apart from West who is famously available on a free at the start of this game. He accepted 20k a week. Oh what innocent times they were!

And never fear about my transfers, I have a whopping 28m warchest with which to up my bids after I started quite low trying to sniff a bargain. What also happens in this game which I'd forgotten is when a bid is rejected what often happens is the player then signs a new contract which features a minimum fee release clause. Mark Kerr has just done that after someone else tried to buy him so I've put a bid in hoping to add him to my central midfield.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 259
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 3:52:22 PM   
Rinc

Just to give a bit of context to this game, the current best players in the world are:

Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Zidane, Vieri, Totti, Del Piero, Kluivert, Figo, Beckham, Seedorf, Kahn, Toldo, Buffon, Samuel, Thuram, Roberto Carlos, Zanetti, Cafu, Cannavaro and Veron.

The managers of major clubs are:

Newcastle - Bobby Robson
Spurs - Hoddle
Man City - Keegan
Chelsea - Ranieri
Bayern - Hitzfield
Dortmund - Sammer
Roma - Capello
Inter - Cuper
Juve - Lippi
Milan - Ancelotti
Lazio - Mancini

Other observations:
Xavi is only 21
Messi and C Ronaldo don't exist.
The PL has a limit of 3 non-EU players.
Chris Waddle, Dave Beasant, Andy Linighan and Tommy Coyne are all still playing.
I can't continue the game by pressing spacebar which is possible on later versions. I keep forgetting.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 13/4/2013 4:40:54 PM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 260
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 4:45:12 PM   
Rinc

The transfer window has just been introduced! Outrage!

Anyway a month into my reign as Liverpool boss and I've done the following:

• Sold Baros and Traore for 6.5m combined.
  • Bought Taribo West, Bakircioglu and Mark Kerr for 3.1m. Just waiting for Tsigalko's work permit.
  • I'm still after Joe Cole but his price has risen to 13.5m at the moment.
  • Qualified for the CL group stage by beating Celtic 4-3 on aggregate.
  • I also lost the Charity Shield 2-0 to Arsenal. I was the better team.
  • Lost the Super Cup 2-1 to Bayern. Just about a fair result.
  • Beaten Blackburn 2-1 in the league.
  • I've dropped Dudek and Heskey after poor form and brought in Kirkland and Diouf.
  • Owen and Gerrard have been pretty good.
  • Conceded in every single game which makes me worry about the defence.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 13/4/2013 4:47:18 PM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 261
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 4:57:51 PM   
directorscut

Don't tempt me Frodo!

I thought I was out then they pulled me back in.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 262
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 8:43:24 PM   
ChickMagnet

So I've downloaded the game, set it off running and when I go to start a new game I get an error message saying I don't have enough system memory and to free some up and try again, I'm presuming this means Ram? And if so that's bull as I've got 16gb! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post #: 263
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 9:14:24 PM   
superdan

You can download it for free? That's awesome. Is there any way of getting the original '92 or CM2 as well? My nostalgia bone would be well tickled by that.

Post #: 264
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 9:20:37 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

So I've downloaded the game, set it off running and when I go to start a new game I get an error message saying I don't have enough system memory and to free some up and try again, I'm presuming this means Ram? And if so that's bull as I've got 16gb! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds more like a compatibility problem with modern system. Try running it in XP compatibility mode.

Post #: 265
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 10:36:26 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Sounds more like a compatibility problem with modern system. Try running it in XP compatibility mode.

Yep, got it working, just needed to install an update.

Post #: 266
RE: CM01/02 - 13/4/2013 11:58:50 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

My favourite version of Championship Manager. Oh the memories!

I'll add another player to that list, Rinc: Aquilani. I'm pretty sure he's in the Roma reserves at the start of the game but I remember promoting him to the main team when I was Roma and his assist tally was phenomenal.

Also Cufre at Roma (I think) too. He should strenghten your defense if you can get him to sign with you.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

Post #: 267
RE: CM01/02 - 14/4/2013 10:22:25 AM   
Rinc

Thanks for the tips.

I managed to complete an entire season yesterday. Because of the Super Cup and CL qualifying I had always played less games than everyone in the PL. Added to a couple of bad results and we were quite low down in the league. But a change of formation, the buying of Tsigalko, using Kirkland instead of Dudek and the unbelievable form of Bruno Cheyrou (yes really), meant me climbed the table. So much in fact that at one point, after it seemed Chelsea were running away with the league, if we'd won our games in hand we would've been top. Alas it wasn't to be and in March a couple of defeats put paid to any title ambitions. We still had the CL places to go for, although this being 2002 England only had 3. So it was between us, Man Utd and Spurs for second and third. Or was it? All of us faltered which let Arsenal into the game and Chelsea completely imploded meaning any of us 5 could win the league. However, a couple of poor draws against lower sides meant we were just fighting with Spurs and Arsenal and going into the last day of the season we led them both by a point. We were away to a Man City team featuring Shaun Goater and Nicky Weaver and we saw out a boring 0-0 draw. Meanwhile Arsenal drew as well but Spurs won which meant we finished 4th and missed out on CL football. I was gutted, but pleased with our effort because the team had seen a lot of upheaval and was pretty young.

Then came the confirmation of who was to represent England in Europe... and we were in the CL! What I didn't know was this was the point when England's coefficient had gone up to give us 4 places. We were in!

The cups: we unfortunately got spanked 5-1 by Man Utd in the League Cup Final, lost in the FA Cup quarters to Spurs and went out in the CL second group phase (remember that?). We were really good in the first group phase but got totally schooled by Barca, Leverkussen and Parma in the second group and only got one point. A few lessons were learnt then. We scored a lot of goals throughout the season, we couldn't stop scoring really, but we also couldn't stop conceding.

My team for most of the season was this:

Kirkland

Heggem-------West---------Hyypia---------Riise

Biscan

Gerrard---------------------Cheyrou

Bakircioglu

Tsigalko------------Owen

Rest of squad: Isaksson, Dudek, Carragher, Warnock, Henchoz, Lucic, Babbel, Risp, Murphy, Kerr, Berger, Smicer, Diouf, Heskey

Highlights of the season include: losing 3-0 at Spurs but winning 5-4 in the end; the goals of Owen, Tsigalko, Diouf; Cheyrou's assist tally; Arsenal finishing 5th and Arsene Wenger getting sacked; the lack of a transfer window (it starts next season) meaning I could sign players whenever I wanted to.

We've already seen a lof changes in pre-season though. Gone are Heggem, Dudek, Henchoz, Babel, Berger, Smicer and Heskey. In are John Curtis (would've got a cheap Cufre Sumintelligentguy but with the foreigner rule it caused too much hassle), Kallstrom, Cherno Samba, some young Scotsman in midfield with lots of potential, Ibrahim Said and we're currently waiting on someone to play in the hole. I've tried Joe Cole, Robben and Van der Vaart but their teams are being ridiculous with what they want. Luckily I've bought a young Brazilian from Sao Paolo by the name of Kaka, unfortunately he didn't obtain a work permit. I'm trying again though. Once I get one of those players my squad will be smaller but better.

In other news Italy beat Ireland 4-1 in the final of the 2002 World Cup.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 14/4/2013 10:34:58 AM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 268
RE: CM01/02 - 14/4/2013 2:52:47 PM   
benmharper

This was my fave version of the game. Many an hour spent managing Juventus to numerous European titles.

The one player is always went for was Ibrahima Bakayoko, he was awesome on the game. Imagine my disappointment when he signed for Everton in real life and turned out to be utter shit.

Also spent time as Man Utd manager with Juan Pablo Angel and the other Inzagi (Simone???) scoring a shitload. Qualifying for Europe with Spurs then getting sacked by Xmas the following season coz the squad couldn't cope with the demands and league form suffered.

Great memories.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 269
RE: CM01/02 - 14/4/2013 3:09:06 PM   
Rinc

Good memories Ben. It was my favourite version as well. I played it a lot during a year at college (not A-levels as I mistakenly put earlier) when I didn't have much college work to actually do. Then I took it to uni and played with mates. You can imagine how many spare hours I had those days.

I think this was the version where I took Dagenham & Redbridge to the CL quarter finals but I may be mistaken.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> FM2011 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI