Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Corner (David Simon)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Corner (David Simon) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Corner (David Simon) - 6/1/2009 11:21:23 AM   
elab49

Simon and Burns 2000 mini series finally makes it to these shores (I don't think it has been shown here before, has it?).

FX Monday 11pm 12th January. Predecessor to The Wire, it looks at the impact of the drug war on the streets of Baltimore (and, like The Wire, Simon also wrote a book about the subject).

Superb piece of TV, although if you watch it after The Wire, Lester might jar slightly!

On another note, FX also seem to be doing another complete run from start to finish of The Wire soon.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome
Post #: 1
RE: The Corner (David Simon) - 6/1/2009 12:53:08 PM   
Zaphod121

Yes! Love The Wire so will definitely be checking this out!

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 2
RE: The Corner (David Simon) - 6/1/2009 1:18:09 PM   
rawlinson

Excellent news! I thought The Corner was shown on C4 at some ungodly hour a few years back though? I'm guessing all this Simon stuff is a lead-in for Generation Kill starting later this month.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3
RE: The Corner (David Simon) - 6/1/2009 1:23:48 PM   
sharkboy

The Corner was available on Virgin Media's On Demand service a few months ago.  It is definitely worth watching, although I found its "mockumentary" format to be a bit of a turn-off after a while.  And yeah, there are a few familiar faces playing parts quite different from previous appearances.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Corner (David Simon) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI