Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 8:54:10 AM   
elab49

I'm pretty sure I had fonder memories but I don't think I've seen it since around its release. I had really bad taste back then

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 1111
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 11:05:58 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I watched the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford last night.  And ye gods was it boring.  Nicely shot, quite well acted and brimming with realism, but I never imagined a boring Jesse James movie was possible.  3/5

Just another 99 films to go for the year then

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1112
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 11:11:21 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I watched the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford last night.  And ye gods was it boring.  Nicely shot, quite well acted and brimming with realism, but I never imagined a boring Jesse James movie was possible.  3/5

Just another 99 films to go for the year then

I know Le Doulos has been Film of the longest week in the history of the earth so far (not that I can complain as I've unofficially gone to months!), but I didn't think it was that bad

Not far off my opinion of Assassination. I'm not overly rating Pitt's performance either, although I do agree with the general comment that Affleck was excellent.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1113
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 11:20:46 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I think I should change my sig.  Besides who are you to comment.  We all know that Cars is glossy and soulless 

I was waiting ages to see The Assassination.  I watched 10 minutes months ago with my wife and she doesn't really like westerns and thought it was boring.  So she was out last night and I watched it.  2.5 hours later, I have to admit she was right.  And I concur on Pitt's performance.

The sad thing is I was going to watch Season 1 of Deadwood again, which would have been much more enjoyable.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 9/3/2009 11:21:06 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1114
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 11:22:23 AM   
elab49

I'm never going to live that snippy review down, am I?

Still - at least it is one I still stand by.

quote:

Post #: 1115
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 11:26:01 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I say it every time I see Cars in the EPG for the Disney Channel.  "Glossy and Soulless.  Disney does Pixar".  You do know I will never be able to watch that film now.

Gonna try Appaloosa tonight.  Or watch Generation Kill.  Decisons, decisions

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1116
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 11:29:14 AM   
elab49

I'm going to do Generation Kill in one go later in the week as well. I also really liked Appaloosa. Good choice, either way.

quote:

Post #: 1117
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 11:33:38 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Probably be Generation Kill.  I think its only 7 hour long episodes.  So should get it watched tonight and tomorrow. 

So many movies to watch that my wife doesn't like while she's away for a couple of days and so little time :-)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1118
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 12:35:50 PM   
Deviation

Jesse James criticisms make Devi cry.

It's beautiful, you got that, a beautiful work of art.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 1119
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 12:52:31 PM   
Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

Doubt (2008, Shanley)

WHAT? WHY?!

Because it's a decidely mediocre film with a stodgy, overwrought script that only really shifts from the prosaic to the vaguely poetic when Hoffman and Streep share the screen... And even then they veer horribly into histrionic melodramatics on occasion. Then we have the hideously simpering Amy Adams who seems to think that she is still in Enchanted ("I like Frosty the Snowman" - YUK!!!) and a strangely out-of-place cameo from Viola Davis that seems to have drawn praise from critics despite her am-dram delivery of what is little more than a desperate attempt to shoe-horn an "edgy", alternative viewpoint into the film. The entire film screams "give me some of that Oscar juice" and it detracts from what could have been a very interesting piece. Instead it is merely a decent film with a few heavyweight moments.

So basically, what Doubt teaches us is that Deborah Kerr is still queen of the movie nuns!

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 1120
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 12:52:58 PM   
elab49

No argument it is beautiful - myself, I'd have given Deakins the Oscar.

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1121
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 3:08:19 PM   
Dantes Inferno

quote:

I'm going to do Generation Kill in one go later in the week as well.

Have you seen it before, and if so, how does it compare with The Wire in terms of quality and style?

33. Blood Diamond (2006, Zwick) Ė 7/10
This is a film that makes me go all philosophical: what is the difference between a drama with action filled moments and an action film with dramatic tendencies? Why one is preferred? Which one is Blood Diamond?

The whole ďwhite pretty boy who (is supposed to be bad but is clearly sympathetic from the get-go) makes a difference in an ethnic conflictĒ genre is one that Edward Zwick is clearly trying to corner. As in The Last Samurai, there are aspirations of greatness here that are ultimately let down by Hollywood clichťs (poor Arnold Vosloo, he will always be that creepy mummy to me Ė certainly not a three dimensional villain).

Admittedly, the film is well made and if it is only a few steps above a brainless actionier, itís still steps. You gotta learn to crawl before you can walk. Question is, when will Edward Zwick learn to walk?

< Message edited by Dantes Inferno -- 9/3/2009 3:59:35 PM >

President of The Wire fan club. PM me to join.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1122
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 4:46:30 PM   
Deviation

Blood Daimond I found sadly crap. It had a pretense of being serious and important, which is thrown out of the window hwne it decides that narrative and action-adventure are more important than the event it is trying to show and illuminate us on. Even Tears of the Sun did it better in a more powerful manner. It was entertaining at first but the final 20 minutes also destroy any sense of respect I had gathered for the film, when it becomes even more rushed and sillier than it was before. Now, I do like Zwick, finding Glory a very good and powerful film, but aside from that, I haven't liked anything else of the three films I've seen of his. And have little interest in watching Defiance, even if it does have a great premise.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Dantes Inferno)
Post #: 1123
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 4:48:05 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Piles

Sherlcok Jr. (1924, Buster Keaton)

Being still somewhat of a newcomer to Keaton (I've now seen five of his many, many films), I decided to check out this fourty five minute short before going to bed one night and was very pleasantly surprised. Although it's quite slight on plot and isn't exactly deep or important, Sherlock Jr is just as funny and clever as the other two five star Keaton films I've seen (being the General and the Play House). It's the story of a man (Keaton) who works at a movie theatre changing reels and is in love with a girl (Katheryne MacGuire), who is also being pursued by†a handsome but morally questionable 'sheik' (Walter Crane). Our projectionist and protaganist also wants to be a detective, and is reading up on the subject whenever he can. When his sweetheart's†father's†watch goes missing (and happens to be planted on the projectionist), he agrees to look for the culprit, and ends up finding himself.

Sherlock Jr is a film split up into two parts; real and imaginary. The real bits are when Keaton, half projectionist and half rubbish detective, is in the real world trying to get his girl.† The imaginary bits happen within a film (Keaton jumps into the screen in a wonderfully obvious special effect), where Keaton is dreaming about being legendary detective 'Sherlock Jr' and solving a similar crime in a very stylish and glamorous world. Keaton, as director, creates a parody of the crimey silent films that populated Hollywood in the 20s, with ridiculous weaponry and glamour surrounding criminals as much as it surrounds the heroes. As performer, he's as brilliant as ever, combining ridiculously impressive stunts (riding the traffic barrier from the roof into the car is brilliant), fantastic physical humour (slips and prank falls aplenty), some nice clever gags (Keaton offering a dollar to the man who has lost his wallet), and his trademark stoic face to create a performance that is the epitome of entertainment. The supporting cast are good too, but this is Keaton's show. As always. 8/10.

Keaton's fake mustache = one of cinemas funniest sight gags I really love Sjr.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 1124
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 4:51:57 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: fernetcontonica

Are We There Yet? 7/10 (Brian Levant, 2005)

This may be the single highest score I have ever seen for this movie - are you an Ice Cube fan?

quote:

(in reply to fernetcontonica)
Post #: 1125
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 4:58:26 PM   
Dantes Inferno

elab, you didn't answer my question!

President of The Wire fan club. PM me to join.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1126
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 5:08:28 PM   
rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

Being still somewhat of a newcomer to Keaton (I've now seen five of his many, many films), I decided to check out this fourty five minute short before going to bed one night and was very pleasantly surprised. Although it's quite slight on plot and isn't exactly deep or important, Sherlock Jr is just as funny and clever as the other two five star Keaton films I've seen (being the General and the Play House). It's the story of a man (Keaton) who works at a movie theatre changing reels and is in love with a girl (Katheryne MacGuire), who is also being pursued by a handsome but morally questionable 'sheik' (Walter Crane). Our projectionist and protaganist also wants to be a detective, and is reading up on the subject whenever he can. When his sweetheart's father's watch goes missing (and happens to be planted on the projectionist), he agrees to look for the culprit, and ends up finding himself.

Sherlock Jr is a film split up into two parts; real and imaginary. The real bits are when Keaton, half projectionist and half rubbish detective, is in the real world trying to get his girl.  The imaginary bits happen within a film (Keaton jumps into the screen in a wonderfully obvious special effect), where Keaton is dreaming about being legendary detective 'Sherlock Jr' and solving a similar crime in a very stylish and glamorous world. Keaton, as director, creates a parody of the crimey silent films that populated Hollywood in the 20s, with ridiculous weaponry and glamour surrounding criminals as much as it surrounds the heroes. As performer, he's as brilliant as ever, combining ridiculously impressive stunts (riding the traffic barrier from the roof into the car is brilliant), fantastic physical humour (slips and prank falls aplenty), some nice clever gags (Keaton offering a dollar to the man who has lost his wallet), and his trademark stoic face to create a performance that is the epitome of entertainment. The supporting cast are good too, but this is Keaton's show. As always. 8/10.

That film is absolutely amazing.

I watched five movies this weekend. Just a line on each as I'm an improbably a busy bee today.

Arabesque (3.5) was a slightly inferior take on Charade from the same writer and director. Cary Grant may have done a better job than Gregory Peck, and at least one of the supporting performances is thoroughly ridiculous, but it's extremely entertaining.

Umberto D (4) is one of the best few I've seen so far this year - extremely moving and a film that makes me want to be a nicer person.

Public Hero # 1 (3.5) was terrific fun. The first 20 minutes is a lightning-paced retread of the classic MGM prison movie The Big House - starring the same actor, Chester Morris. Then it turns into a romantic comedy. Then it goes back to being a gangster movie. Great cast, including Lionel Barrymore as an alcoholic doctor (a turn every bit as sad and funny as Peter Sellers' wonderful reprise in The Wrong Box), Lewis Stone as the prison warden, and Joseph Calleia as a very bad baddie.

Father Goose (4) is one of my favourite films. Cary Grant plays a rootless drunk conned into relocating to a remote island to report enemy activity to naval officer Trevor Howard. He pitches up to rescue prim Leslie Caron - and a gaggle of schoolkids - from a neighbouring spot, and sparks fly. Lovely romantic comedy, co-written by Peter Stone (Charade, Arabesque).

Topper (3) is a good ghost comedy. The first half is terrific, the second slightly less so. Great performances by Roland Young and Cary Grant (on the cusp of super stardom). Nobody could do light comedy like Grant.

< Message edited by rick_7 -- 9/3/2009 5:09:00 PM >

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1127
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 5:19:35 PM   
doncopey1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rick_7

quote:

quote:

Being still somewhat of a newcomer to Keaton (I've now seen five of his many, many films), I decided to check out this fourty five minute short before going to bed one night and was very pleasantly surprised. Although it's quite slight on plot and isn't exactly deep or important, Sherlock Jr is just as funny and clever as the other two five star Keaton films I've seen (being the General and the Play House). It's the story of a man (Keaton) who works at a movie theatre changing reels and is in love with a girl (Katheryne MacGuire), who is also being pursued by a handsome but morally questionable 'sheik' (Walter Crane). Our projectionist and protaganist also wants to be a detective, and is reading up on the subject whenever he can. When his sweetheart's father's watch goes missing (and happens to be planted on the projectionist), he agrees to look for the culprit, and ends up finding himself.

Sherlock Jr is a film split up into two parts; real and imaginary. The real bits are when Keaton, half projectionist and half rubbish detective, is in the real world trying to get his girl.  The imaginary bits happen within a film (Keaton jumps into the screen in a wonderfully obvious special effect), where Keaton is dreaming about being legendary detective 'Sherlock Jr' and solving a similar crime in a very stylish and glamorous world. Keaton, as director, creates a parody of the crimey silent films that populated Hollywood in the 20s, with ridiculous weaponry and glamour surrounding criminals as much as it surrounds the heroes. As performer, he's as brilliant as ever, combining ridiculously impressive stunts (riding the traffic barrier from the roof into the car is brilliant), fantastic physical humour (slips and prank falls aplenty), some nice clever gags (Keaton offering a dollar to the man who has lost his wallet), and his trademark stoic face to create a performance that is the epitome of entertainment. The supporting cast are good too, but this is Keaton's show. As always. 8/10.

I watched five movies this weekend. Just a line on each as I'm an improbably a busy bee today.

Arabesque (3.5) was a slightly inferior take on Charade from the same writer and director. Cary Grant may have done a better job than Gregory Peck, and at least one of the supporting performances is thoroughly ridiculous, but it's extremely entertaining.

Umberto D (4) is one of the best few I've seen so far this year - extremely moving and a film that makes me want to be a nicer person.

Public Hero # 1 (3.5) was terrific fun. The first 20 minutes is a lightning-paced retread of the classic MGM prison movie The Big House - starring the same actor, Chester Morris. Then it turns into a romantic comedy. Then it goes back to being a gangster movie. Great cast, including Lionel Barrymore as an alcoholic doctor (a turn every bit as sad and funny as Peter Sellers' wonderful reprise in The Wrong Box), Lewis Stone as the prison warden, and Joseph Calleia as a very bad baddie.

Father Goose (4) is one of my favourite films. Cary Grant plays a rootless drunk conned into relocating to a remote island to report enemy activity to naval officer Trevor Howard. He pitches up to rescue prim Leslie Caron - and a gaggle of schoolkids - from a neighbouring spot, and sparks fly. Lovely romantic comedy, co-written by Peter Stone (Charade, Arabesque).

Topper (3) is a good ghost comedy. The first half is terrific, the second slightly less so. Great performances by Roland Young and Cary Grant (on the cusp of super stardom). Nobody could do light comedy like Grant.

About time you compiled a list Rick_7

"Fake is as old as the Eden tree." Orson Welles

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 1128
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 6:34:53 PM   
chris_scott01

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris_scott01

Watched Objective Burma this weekend with Errol Flynn, he was rather good in this one which tells the story of a group of paratroopers dropped into Burma to knock out a radar station (an event that would open Burma up for a second invasion by Allied forces).  The operation goes sour when their transport can't land to pick them up to take them back to India and so they must "walk out".  Enjoyable but there are 2-3 parts that are so hateful of Japanese forces, stereotyping all of them as torturers and savages that it leaves a unnecessary bitter aftertaste.

DId you know about the controversy before watching it? My grandparents are still of a generation that think it should still be banned.

I didn't actually, a vague thought crossed my mind before I saw it that I didn't think many Americans took part in the battle for Burma but it was just a fleeting thought which didn't really affect my viewing of the film as a film.  I do remember hearing Jeremy Clarkson on some programme yesterday say something along the lines of "the Yanks still seem to think they won the war all on their own".  But like I said it wasn't so much that factor but the racist propaganda that was sprinkled throughout the film.

rapidite! rapidite!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1129
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 6:37:22 PM   
TheManWithNoShame

My viewing of films this year has been pretty sparse. Work and the threat of even more work means opportunities to free up a couple of hours are few and far between, but usually I'm handed a few gems on a plate and this month has been no exception. In between some bitesize portions of Godard's Histoire(s) du Cinema I managed to catch Mizoguchi's 1936 film Sisters of the Gion at a small film club at my university. I was under the impression they were showing Gion Bayashi, so it was a pleasant shock to be treated to one of Mizoguchi's finest pre-war works.

I wont write too much about it now, but I will say two important things: a) it is a masterpiece b) it has not one, but two of the most funniest drunk scenes ever made.

It also maintains a wry, if impassioned tone throughout (surprisingly it has more in common at first with the 'battle of the sexes' comedies Lubitsch was making at the time in Hollywood than anything else I can thing of), a scalpel-like precision in technique and thematic concentration (no roving camera, but the static compositions are masterly and mirror the hemming in of women in geisha society, something I noticed in Gion Bayashi), and manages to balance an impassioned plea for equality in it's tragic finale with the relatively light tone of the first hour (it's certainly no Story of the Late Chysanthemums). Really impressive. I'd be interested to watch it again with more of a critical eye, but I'm just glad I got the chance to see it at all.

Also jamesbondguy, in his continued services to humanity, has linked me a torrent to the near-mythic 12hr cut of Jacques Rivette's Out 1. I hate to ignore the adverts and be a 'knock off Nigel' but the temptation is overwhelming. I might as well say goodbye to my degree.

< Message edited by TheManWithNoShame -- 16/3/2009 10:34:32 AM >

sorry jbg :( i promise to stop being such a silly boy.

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 1130
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 6:48:43 PM   
Miles Messervy 007

So basically, what Doubt teaches us is that Deborah Kerr is still queen of the movie nuns!

You mean in Casino Royale 1967?

quote:

jamesbondguy:
Miles is clearly the finest film theorist of his generation

quote:

Deviation:
if it isn't ham, I'll eat a living pig.

(in reply to TheManWithNoShame)
Post #: 1131
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 6:49:18 PM   
fernetcontonica

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: fernetcontonica

Are We There Yet? 7/10 (Brian Levant, 2005)

This may be the single highest score I have ever seen for this movie - are you an Ice Cube fan?

Not really, I just had a great time with it and I found it to be a very good family movie, it's fun, has hearthwarming moments, and just a very small touch of rudeness, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed that much if I didn't watched with kids, but hell, this film is meant to be watched with kids and when done, it works very well, I really recommend it for a family view.
On a side note, when have you become a moderator?  Congratulations.

And I really Agree with professor Moriarty in The Assassination...  I started watching it with four people and three dropped it around the 20 minutes, it just takes quite a bit to get you involved, but when it does, it pays for a while, it gets exciting, looks truly awesome, gives us a shot of Nick Cave and has good sparks of fun, but then again, with its rather monstruous lenght, the final part was being more endured than watched. I felt it like a very good film in the middle that opens and closes with important whiles of boredom.

La Campane del Infierno 9/10
The Edukators 8/10
War World Z 6/10
Inbred 5?/10
The Brass Teapot 7/10
Dettachment 6?/10
The Dead Inside 7?/10
The Haunted Mansion 5/10
Anatomie 2 6/10
Anatomie 6?/10

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1132
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 6:53:14 PM   
DCMaximo

New entries:

11. Dragnet (1987, Mankiewicz) 9/10
Highly enjoyable comedy based on the TV police drama series of the same name. Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks star as mismatched policemen trying to stop the actions of a cult group called Pagan. With all the poe-faced serious work he's done in the last few years, it's easy to forget how good Tom Hanks is at comedy and here he is excellent, as his carefree attitude sparks nicely with Aykroyd, outstanding as by-the-book cop Joe Friday. The majority of the jokes come from the clash in personalities, but there are also some amusing set-pieces outside this- the scene at the Pagan gathering being a particular highpoint.

26. The Harder They Fall (1956, Robson) 8/10
Humphrey Bogart's last film and not a bad one to go out on, with Bogart on good form as an unemployed sports writer, hired by crooked boxing promoter Rod Steiger to hype up the enormous, but feckless, Toro Moreno (Mike Lane) as a monster, aided by fixed fights. Bogart is very good as a man struggling with his conscience against the new riches his unsavoury job brings, whilst the boxing scenes are impressively shot.

31. Big (1988, Marshall) 8/10
More 80's Hanks, this time in a less madcap capacity. Very enjoyable, if undemanding, with Hanks marvellous as the boy trapped in a mans body, capturing both the wonder and fear that a 13 year old alone in the city would face, the scene with Hanks alone in a grim hotel being particularly good. There may be a couple of questions best left unanswered (seems very easy for Hanks to get a nice apartment and a good job with no references) but this is a good fantasy romp.

Performances update:
14. Tom Hanks as Josh Baskin (Big)
15. Humphrey Bogart as Eddie Willis (The Harder They Fall)
16. Dan Aykroyd as Sgt. Joe Friday (Dragnet)
19. Tom Hanks as Pep Streebeck (Dragnet)

< Message edited by DCMaximo -- 9/3/2009 6:56:21 PM >

The Spanish Inquisition of the 'Get Carlton Banks a TV Spin-off' Association

"Carlotta was the kind of town where they spell trouble T-R-U-B-I-L, and if you try to correct them, they kill you"

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 1133
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 7:07:17 PM   
Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

You mean in Casino Royale 1967?

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Miles Messervy 007)
Post #: 1134
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 9:17:50 PM   
Lex Romero

First Viewing

5/5

01. Taxi Driver

02. The Wrestler

4.5/5

03. Slumdog Millionaire
04. Joint Security Area
05. Spring Summer Autumn Winter...And Spring

06. Gran Torino

This is one of my highest new ratings but I think I'll say the least about it as it's the most recent I watched and I'm a bit tired heh.  Basically it works for all the wrong reasons, Eastwood's performance as an OTT grumpy old man is just a fantastic piece of comedy.  It's so over the top yet Eastwood nails it, you completely buy it because it's Eastwood.  I don't think any other actor could have nailed it the way he does, every time he throws out some racist comment or insult is hilarious, his constant grumbles and sneers at the "damn kids" is amazing.  The script hits nearly every cliche you could imagine and is often rather heavy handed, yet it has so many great moments between Eastwood and the kids (who haven't acted before, and are suprisingly good).

People have complained that it fails to deal with the issues of race it sets itself up to deal with, but I think that's wrong.  The film isn't really dealing with a "racist" man in the way we'd consider it.  He's happy hanging out with 'foreigners' as long as they're happy to trade insults with each other as he thinks that's how "men talk".  He wants to be left alone and is annoyed that the neighbourhood is emptied of white Americans but at the same time he hates everyone, his insults and hate isn't limited to just those of another race.  He's a man who comes from a time period when it was considered the norm. to call black people spooks, and talk about chinks and swamprats and he's damned if he's going to change his use of language at his age.  But you never really get the impression he thinks those of another race are lesser people than him, his dislike of kids is aimed more at his own grandchildren then any others.  Does this mean it's ok that he talks like that?  Of course not, it's terrible, but it's hilarious because of that. So for those that thought this was dealing with issues of race, they're off the mark.  This is dealing with a man who feels like he has nothing left to do, who never really knew his kids even though he lived with them, who finally finds something to do with his life to give him passion again, and atone for his lack of ability to be a good father.

07. Deliverance

08. Frost/Nixon

There's little to criticise here, it's such a well put together film. It's by no means perfect and I can't imagine many will have remembered it in a years time but it's an enjoyable, well acted and compelling story.  I'm not a massive fan of Howard but he knows how to direct, he's not flashy and doesn't try anything particularly unique that makes him stand out, but he knows just the right moments to use medium shots, when to use close ups, what shots to linger on for a moment etc.  Which is really all this play adaptation needed. 

A lot of praise has been heaped on Langella and Sheen, who are indeed fantastic and play off each other well (and I love how you can see more going on in Sheen's eyes behind the smile) but a lot of love has to be given to the excellent supporting cast - it's filled with great supporting actors (and indeed possibly one of the greatest at the moment - Sam Rockwell) who show that a great supporting cast can really move a film up from good to great.  Providing a believable background for our two main stars to work in. 

The only part that it stumbles a little over is towards the end when the imposed film structure over real life events becomes more apparant, as we have the "final interview day", Frost gets a pep talk from Nixon and goes into montage mode as he decides to win the final round like some kind of interview version of Rocky.  Also I wasn't sure about the "talking heads" moments, they kind of disappeared in the second half of the film, though they do help to explain some of the context for the events that some might not know.  I also thought they did well at explaining why the interview was important - that Frost may not have done that great in all segments of the interview, but that he got that small moment from Nixon where he accepted responisibility that outshone the rest of it.

09. Kung Fu Panda
10. Bonnie and Clyde

11. Sherlock Jr.

Watching Buster Keaton is often like watching a Jackie Chan film (the classic hong kong films anyway), so much of the entertainment comes less from the plot or characters, and more from the "haha how the hell did they do that?!" suprise as you see Buster/Jackie perform some amazing feet of physical action that you know is being done for real, no stunt doubles or wires involved.  But of course this amazement is doubled when you remember this film was made in 1924.

Sherlock Jr. is full of brilliant stunts, from big moments such as the motorbike handlebar riding scenes, to smaller moments such as when Buster dives through a window and comes out the other side in a woman's dress.  No camera trickery involved.  There are some great moments of comedy to go along with the stunts (though many of the stunts are funny as well as amazing at the same time) such as the game of pool or Sherlock Jr's assistant "Gillete" constantly appearing disguised with a moustache.

There's also some suprisingly inventive film stuff going on along with the stunts, the dream sequence that leads to Buster stepping into the film is fantastic and the effort that went into the quick background changes around Buster is very impressive.  Brilliant fun and on top of that I got to see the film for free on archive.org. 

4/5

12. The Exorcist
13. The Escapist
14. Night of the Living Dead
15. Cape Fear (1991)
16. The Graduate

17. River's Edge

What happened to the 80s teen flick?  I can't think of many modern day teen films that depict anything other than the bland abercrombie and finch wearing pretty boys/girls that are played by 28 year olds, and those that do show the 'normal' or geeky or alternative kids are usually just sex "gotta lose our V!" comedies.  No matter how you feel about the likes of The Breakfast Club it portrayed teens in a way most recent films don't do anymore and I think they should be heralded for that.  Mean Creek is the only recent film I can think of that went some way to portraying normal kids, which is fitting as it has similarities to River's Edge. 

The film begins with John killing his girlfriend and leaving her body by the river's edge.  He goes to school and tells his friends (who include Keanu Reeves and Crispin Glover), unbelieving at first they go to investigate and discover it's true.  The film then follows the teens as they react to this.  Layne (Glover) wants to hide the body, thinking it's more important to save John from jail.  Whilst Matt (Reeves) is more uncertain and would rather stay uninvolved. Most interesting of all none of the teens react to the death of one of their friends with tears and most feel unemotional about it, even to their own suprise.  The film follows the teens on from this moment. 

It's a great film and a fantastic portrayal of teenagers, they come across as awkard at the right moments, distant and unfeeling.  Yet at the same time confused and emotional.  There's a great little moment when Reeves opens up to the girl he likes as to how he felt after seeing the dead body, something he wouldn't do with the police officer who was shouting at him.  
It invites comparison with adults in the film, one of their teachers belives his generation was important because "we stopped a war, man".  Another (played by Dennis Hopper) killed his girlfriend and claims it was ok beause he loved her and so looks down on John because John didn't love the woman he killed.  The adults in the film believe their own teenage years were in some way more important or more relevent and seem perterbed by the kids lack empathy or direction. They're just deluded in a different way than the kids.

On IMDB someone was saying how uncomfortable the film made them and he put it down to being that the film shows "A negative portrayal of good people".  Which I think is kind of fitting.  Apart from John none of these teens are really bad kids, they smoke pot and sem to have little connection with their familes or other adults(the only family we really see are Reeves, who's is troubled), they come across as typical teenagers with little to motivate them. Their friend commits a horrible act and...they don't know how to react, how to explain it, how they're supposed to feel.  None of them run  to tell the police the minute they find out, none seem entirely sure why.  There's a great moment when one of the girls goes to a pay phone to call the police but chickens out because she doesn't know what to say or who they should call.  It's such a very teen momment, putting off something that would make them uncomfortable.

There are problems with some of the characters acting - Dennis Hopper and Crispin Glover swing wildly from a little eccentric, to full on crazy, which leaves the tone of the film a little schizophrenic, causing some problems when we're meant to be emotionally involved in some of the films scenes as there's a sense of distance due to the OTT zaniness.  Also the kid playing Reeve's younger brother is the kid from Near Dark, and he's the most obnoxious annoying lispy child in existance.  I wanted to kill him every time he was on screen.

Other than that it was a suprisingly great film.

18. The Dark Knight
19. Rope

20. Revolutionary Road

I really liked it at the time but the more I think about it the less I seem to remember and I think it may fall down my list next time I update.  I think the main problem is it suffers from two things that are out of its control. 

1. Sam Mendes already did the unfulfilling surburban life much better in American Beauty.

2. Mad Men exists, which does the 1960s (ok I know RR is 50s but it's very similar time period) unfulfilling surburban life and soulless job a whole lot better, and has hours and hours to do it over, and cover a wide range of characters, whilst RR is limited to just 2 hours.  It suddenly feels like it's a very condensced version.

Di Caprio and Winlset are fantastic though, I know Winslet is getting a lot of attention but it's Di Caprio that really stole it for me.  His slow change in opinion and how by the end he's moved onto "oh we were crazy to even consider going away!" is fantasticly realised.  Also, following on from Catch me if you Can, Di Caprio really suits thet 50/60s look.  The film suggers a bit from feeling a bit episodic, the episodes being made up of arguments and I think the "guy who speaks the truth so everyone thinks is crazy!" was way too heavy handed.  Mendes direction is great though and the use of music and the score was very good.  I'm stil not sure how I felt about Winslet's character though, she swung from being sympathetic to purposfully awkward that you could understand Di Caprio's frustration with her.

Hmm, my review seems fairly negative compared to its high positioning in my list.  I guess it's a film, that whilst good, is outshone by the fact it's been done better already. 

21. Chinatown

22. Carrie

I enjoyed this, though I did spend most of the film thinking "wow sissy spacek is actually really ugly" heh. Though of course that's what's good, she fits the part, she looks like the kind of awkward school girl that wouldn't have many friends.  The split camera stuff in the prom dance scene is cool and the rest of the direction is sound.

The third act has some story problems, after building up the PE teacher and the twist that the girl really was trying to do something nice for her, they just get killed and that's it.  Carrie never finds out and it feels like all we've got from it is "if you help the lonely girl...you'll get killed".

3.5/5

23. As Good as it Gets
24. Ghost in the Shell
25. The Postman Always Rings Twice

26. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

There's a better film in here somewhere.  I would have happily done without the drunken friend subplot if it meant more time with Nick and Norah in the car together, they never really got to a point before they split and return to each other that I thought "yeah they would want to see each other again".  It's the kind of problem a lot of romance films have (we never really see the couple fall for each other, we're just meant to accept that they have because that's what the plot asks for).  The subplot wasn't even needed, the search for the band was enough and you could have had kept pretty much all the important scenes that came about due to looking for her friend but just had it when they were following the bands trail. 

Also it suffers from Micheal Cera playing the same role he's played for all of his films and Arrested Development.  Which leaves me fearful for Scott Pilgrim.  He just comes across as too wet to of be any interest to Norah, as the film goes along we see she's not really the "mature sarcastic" one she is set up to be but has just as many insecurities as any other teenager.  Whilst Nick just feels flat throughout.  Though to an extent I think it's a problem with the plot itself, for Nick to be so easily manipulated by his ex he has to be a walkover.  Which is detrimental to the film as a whole.  I love Kat Denning's though, I think she's great and I hope she goes on to do better stuff as she has great timing and she looks and acts very  "un-hollywood teen". 

I was hoping for a teen version of "Before Sunrise" but ended up with some weird in between, playing it safe teen comedy that ended up falling back on typical gross out humour stuff to fill up the minutes. 

27. The Lost Boys

28. The Music Box

Laurel and Hardy.  Not much else to say.  It's one of their better ones imo and I think it's generally considered one of their best.  Which isn't that much of a compliment really heh, as it's mildly funny, but not fantastically hilarious.  It's a well constructed piece though and it builds up well to the destructive finale.  If you think they're funny then you'll like this, if you don't think they're funny then this won't change your mind.

3/5

29. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
30. Zack and Miri Make a Porno
31. In Search of a Midnight Kiss

2.5/5

32. Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five

2/5

1.5/5

1/5

33. High School Musical 2

0.5/5

34. Skinned Deep

Shorts

1. Kiwi!

2. This way up

I loved this.  The CGI style was brilliant and the whole thing was like some kind of extreme version of laurel and hardy with them slowly getting into more ridiculous situations with the coffin. 

3. La Maison en Petit Cubes

Lovely animation style and a great concept with the house built on top of houses.  It was a sweet story all though it does feel a bit like it's missing something, maybe I was expecting too much but it feels like it's building to something more that never comes.

4. Evil Demon Golf Ball from Hell!!!

A funny short from the director of Brick.  Worth a watch.

Films Viewed Per Decade - first / repeat viewings

2000s - 18  /  2
1990s - 4  /
1980s - 2 /
1970s - / 1
1960s - 3  /
1950s - 0  /
1940s - 2 /
1930s - 1  /
1920s - 1  /
1910s - 0  /
1900s - 0  /

English language films  - 31 / 3
Foreign language films - 4 / 0

< Message edited by Lex Romero -- 9/3/2009 9:39:44 PM >

My Film list for 2009:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2164869&mpage=39

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 1135
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 9:37:20 PM   
jamesbondguy

Raining Stones
Director: Ken Loach
I pretty much used up all my praise for Loach in my last review. Needless to say, I like him quite a bit, despite the fact he reuses his own formula (start with humour between two or more male characters, then one does something drastic, usually involving the criminal world, which leads to lots of shouting/crying and a tragic/semi-tragic ending), which is made up for, really, because of the fact that each film feels different and has qualities of itís own (characters, story details, acting, locale) which set it apart while making it feel like part of a whole. I just wouldnít suggest watching too many of his films in a row. But I value him for his political and social insight, and his ability to create powerful sequences and characters which sidestep British cultural clichťs and stereotypes. But Iíve never been entirely sure of Raining Stones. I know some critics point out as one of his best, and it appears to have a bigger following in America than most of his films- perhaps because of the themes of religious guilt?
But I prefer Kes and Sweet Sixteen, as well as several other of his films. Perhaps the trouble is that I just didnít find Bob an engaging character, especially in comparison to other Loach Ďheroes.í Itís impossible not to feel for the guy, of course, but I didnít really feel he had all that much of an interesting character until the final third of the film, at which point the picture changes gear and tone, moving from a comedy with elements of drama and tragedy, to a tragedy-drama. Of course, his character is guarded, noble and stubborn- but so much so that for much of the film itís impossible not to question as to whether thereís more to him than that. Itís funny when itís doing comedy (mainly due to the presence of Ricky Tomlinson), and itís undoubtedly moving when itís trying to be. But here this manipulation of emotions feel more facile than it did in other Loach films, and thereís none of the draw and opportunity for investment of the best of the later Loach-Laverty partnership. I donít mean to be harsh towards the film, but the criticism is a mark of my respect for Loach. For his films, including this one, are often undoubtedly powerful- but when you can create such an emotional impact with every film, then you sometimes need something more in order to elevate it.

Une Partie de campagne (A Day In The Country, 1936)
Director: Jean Renoir
So, it was filmed in 1936, and released in 1946, just after the Nazi censors had departed allowing the cinema to breath again in France. And could there have been any more rejuvenating work than this? It was abandoned in 1936, half-completed, due to weather and personnel problems. Renoir moved onto Rules of the Game, and his assistant directors, Jacques Becker and Luchino Visconti (could you ask for two better assistants?) moved onto directing for themselves, and another, Henri-Cartier Bresson moved onto his career in photography. What was left of this adaptation of a Maupassant short story was assembled by other hands according to Renoirís original instructions. More masterpieces than you may think have such tangled history, suggesting that their artistry may have grown out of frustration and dead-ends. Itís the story of a bourgeois Parisian family on a day out in the country, having a picnic at a small riverside inn. The father is loud, gruff and annoying, the mother is shrill, annoying and pleasure-seeking, the prospective son-in-law is almost as much of a buffoon as the father. So the film focuses on the daughter, whoís overcome and overwhelmed by the country, and is more introverted and knowing than the rest of her family. The mother and daughter are courted by two fishermen, and eventually the daughter and Henri fall for each other (and we witness perhaps the most incredibly filmed kiss, and aftermath, in cinema history)- or do they fall for the countryside, to which they are intrinsically linked?
The film resounds with the glories of nature- itís in black and white, but never has been captured so purely and perfectly, and never has it had such a sensual impact on the screen. Truffaut, arguably Renoirís greatest fan, called it ďa truly physical film, which touches us physically, so that we feel every blade of grassĒ, and itís true. The look of the countryside and the beautiful cinematography and camera movements draw us into the unspoilt riversides of Northern France, as if we were experiencing a memory of our own, which has been glorified and modified in our own minds. If youíve seen it, youíll never forget the tracking shot down the river as the rain beats down on it, the moment where Rudolf pushes open the window and lets the sun, and the view of Sylvia Bataille standing upright on the swing, enter the room, or the scene with the two lovers in the boat. Itís resolutely sentimental, of course, and very much rooted to the old France of Maupassant stories, but itís a film which places itís passion and emotion firmly on the surface, and allows us to become lost in it. And it ends unhappily, of course, with the retreating back to bourgeois complacency and repression. Itís the perfect adaptation of Maupassant (in fact, Iíve heard itís a great improvement on the original story), and other French writers, like Balzac and Flaubert, would have killed for an adaptation like this one. If cinema is, as the saying goes, nothing more than the act of boys filming girls, then is the shot looking up at Sylvia Batailleís face as she swings, standing-up, on the swing itís greatest moment?

Histoire(s) Du Cinema (1988-1998, Jean-Luc Godard)
Une Femme est Une Femme (1961, Jean-Luc Godard)
Une Partie Campagne (1936, Jean Renoir)
The Singing Detective (1986, Aimel) -
Dans Paris (2005, Honore)
The Roaring Twenties (1939, Walsh)
Chat Perches (2004, Marker)
Detour (1945, Ulmer)
Sweet Sixteen (Loach)
Paris Nous Appartient (1961, Rivette)
Radio On (1979, Petit)  
Gun Crazy (1950, Lewis)
Happy-Go-Lucky (2008, Leigh)
Tickets (Olmi, Kiarostami, Loach)
The Filth and The Fury (2003, Temple)
Joy Division (Gee, 2007)
My Name is Joe (Loach, 2003)
Love Meetings (Pasolini, 1965)  
Raining Stones (Loach, 1993)
Somers Town (2007, Meadows)
This is England (2006, Meadows)

The Girl Who Lept Through Time (2006)

Election (1999, Payne)

High Hopes (Leigh)
Barton Fink (1991, Coen)
Slumdog Millionaire (2008, Boyle)
Carrie (1976, De Palma)
King of Kong (2007)

Twilight Zone: The Movie (Spielberg, Landis, Dante, Miller)
Burn After Reading (2007, Coen)

Shorts:

Antoine et Colette (1962, Truffaut)

Blue Jeans (Jacques Rozier, 1958)
Meetin' WA (Godard, 1986)
Bread And Ally/Breaktime (1970-72, Kiarostami)

Just like Geoffrey Ingram.

(in reply to Lex Romero)
Post #: 1136
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 9/3/2009 9:45:21 PM   
Rhubarb

Ah, Une Partie de campagne, great film.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to jamesbondguy)
Post #: 1137
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 10/3/2009 4:45:33 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lex Romero

28. The Music Box

Laurel and Hardy.† Not much else to say.† It's one of their better ones imo and I think it's generally considered one of their best.† Which isn't that much of a compliment really heh, as it's mildly funny, but not fantastically hilarious.† It's a well constructed piece though and it builds up well to the destructive finale.† If you think they're funny then you'll like this, if you don't think they're funny then this won't change your mind.

Boooo! Move it up about 27 places

17. Watchmen (1st view, 2009, Zack Snyder) - 4/5*
I pretty much loved it. As close to as good an adaptation as it could have been I expect. True, it doesnít surpass the novel, some of the characters are lacking and it really does rely on prior knowledge of the story, , but there are numerous scenes in which the film is its equal, and the translation of the imagery is remarkable. Theyíve also removed the one element of the book which I never liked so Iím chuffed with that. Jackie earle Haley and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are rightly getting much praise, both excellent. I also liked Billy Crudup and Patrick Wilson, though Malin Akerman was poor. I can only imagine what any future versions will be like with the Black Freighter incorporated. A film of such length hasnít blown by so quickly since I first saw The Fellowship of the Ring. The best bit for me though, occurred within the first 10 minutes. The best credits scene Iíve seen in years! Re-reading the book at the moment, the little details, stuff that doesnít amount to much in the bigger picture, are some of the most fascinating aspects, and this potted history over the credits was superb. And I donít even like Bob Dylan!

83. Sword Of Xanten (1st view, 2004, Uli Edel) - 3/5*
Ha, this was great. A TV movie from 2004 complete wit cursed treasure, kingly ghosts, shapeshifting headgear, swords forged from meteorites, dragons, magical potions and a whole host of dodgy effects. Benno Furman stars as a the heir to the kingdom of Xanten, who is raised by blacksmith Max Von Sydow and then falls in love with Kristina Loken, Queen of Iceland. Itís useless and I really liked it. Unlike the film below.

111. The Benchwarmers (1st view, 2006, Dennis Dugan) - 2/5*
Crap!

30. Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach in Watchemen
56. Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian in Watchmen

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 10/3/2009 6:52:33 AM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Lex Romero)
Post #: 1138
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 10/3/2009 7:46:01 AM   
Pigeon Army

28. The General (1927, Bruckman & Keaton) - 4.5/5
My first viewing of Keaton's apparent masterpiece was, luckily, with an equally-appreciative audience, because I can imagine a dead one would be nowhere near as fun to watch the film with. The General is almost laugh-a-minute, Keaton's almost perpetually-baffled facial expressions, incredible physicality and brilliant eye and head for visual gags just fantastic to behold. It's almost impossible to single out scenes for praise, because every scene is just as hilarious and excellent as the next. While having to read detailed plans devised by the North at various points in the film does detract, and at times you wonder if Keaton's Gray is yelling "you stupid bitch!" at the woman of his dreams who seems unable to do anything right (the part when he strangles her and then kisses didn't real elicit laughter from me), but those are small blights on the film's fantastic execution.

40. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981, Spielberg) - 4/5**
Funny story I read online - Klaus Kinski was offered the role of Toht, and said he turned it down because the script was "moronically shitty". He then went to do Venom, a B-movie with snakes, because the pay was better. Now, while I don't agree with Kinski's condemnation of the script (and it does feel like he's just covering for what he must've felt was a bad decision), I am sad to say that, on repeat viewings, Raiders does lose a bit of its shine because of the sometimes ham-fisted script. "I hate snakes, Jock! I hate them!" just doesn't have the same light ring it once did, among other examples. However, it is still a rollicking, exciting action-adventure with good acting, some good dialogue ("Hahahahasonofabitch"), and some great setpieces that still hold the magic they did when I was young. I will say, though, that Last Crusade is still better.

Performance List Additions
Buster Keaton as Johnny Gray (The General, 1927)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 1139
RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 - 10/3/2009 9:10:12 AM   
rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: doncopey1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rick_7

quote:

quote:

About time you compiled a list Rick_7

Thanks. I've got it on the comp at home, I'll stick it up when I get a chance. Sixty seen so far this year (and a smattering of shorts). Top three are Three Men on a Horse, Louisiana Story and Umberto D. Paris - When It Sizzles is bringing up the rear with a barely respectable 2.5 out of 4. I don't watch bad movies anymore.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 1140
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Top 100 Films I've Wathced This Year: 2009 Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI