Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion - 4/1/2009 8:37:47 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

I confidently predict that when the film is released, those most enraged by a delay to the release date, or the possibility of a delay to the release date, will be the most likely to wish that Fox had ensured that this film never seen the light of day. In other words, following its theatrical release, the backlash of disappointment against Watchmen will be epic compared to the backlash against Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Let me guess; you think it's 'unfilmable'/would be better as a mini-series/should have been directed by Gilliam/if they have to sacrifice even one frame of the comic then it will be an abomination and will lead to The Rapture?

Why not wait until you've seen it before making predictions?

You'll note that in my previous post I didn't state whether or not the film would be any good. I'm saying that it'll never match the levels of hype. Indiana Jones did turn out to be pretty decent but a large part of the 'Internet Moral Majority' seems to have declared it unwatchable.

But, yes, I don't expect it to be any good. Reason: Zach Snyder. I've no faith in his ability to produce a good adaption of this book.

Ah, Options 2 and/or 4 then.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 61
RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion - 4/1/2009 8:43:09 PM   
thedrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

I confidently predict that when the film is released, those most enraged by a delay to the release date, or the possibility of a delay to the release date, will be the most likely to wish that Fox had ensured that this film never seen the light of day. In other words, following its theatrical release, the backlash of disappointment against Watchmen will be epic compared to the backlash against Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Let me guess; you think it's 'unfilmable'/would be better as a mini-series/should have been directed by Gilliam/if they have to sacrifice even one frame of the comic then it will be an abomination and will lead to The Rapture?

Why not wait until you've seen it before making predictions?

You'll note that in my previous post I didn't state whether or not the film would be any good. I'm saying that it'll never match the levels of hype. Indiana Jones did turn out to be pretty decent but a large part of the 'Internet Moral Majority' seems to have declared it unwatchable.

But, yes, I don't expect it to be any good. Reason: Zach Snyder. I've no faith in his ability to produce a good adaption of this book.

Ah, Options 2 and/or 4 then.

Neither. I suspect that a good adaption is possible and I am nervous by Zach Snyder's apparent wish to stick as closely to the source as possible. But that's far from my only concern with Snyder.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 62
RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion - 4/1/2009 8:44:08 PM   
Olaf

Excuse my maths. I meant Options 3 or 5.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 63
RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion - 4/1/2009 8:51:14 PM   
thedrin

I don't have any specific director in mind. Didn't Gilliam give up on it because he couldn't put together an adaption he was satisfied with? That would make him a very bad choice for director. I'd be largely indifferent to Greengrass directing. My objection is Snyder's lack of suitability rather than because I think any one particular is especially suitable.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 64
RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion - 4/1/2009 9:43:41 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

My objection is Snyder's lack of suitability rather than because I think any one particular is especially suitable.

In what way?

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 65
RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion - 4/1/2009 10:40:28 PM   
KeithM

quote:

I suspect that a good adaption is possible and I am nervous by Zach Snyder's apparent wish to stick as closely to the source as possible.

Hang on.  Snyder's intent to be faithful makes you nervous and is why you think he's unsuitable?   Excellent logic there.

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Watchmen Caught In Legal Confusion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI