Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Egypt? Pyramids?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Egypt? Pyramids? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 30/12/2008 12:20:36 PM   
bronco3114

quote:

ORIGINAL: richCie

the mian problem IMO was considering it was an action film, it was a total letdown. most of the fight scenes were just a blurry mismatch of metal, and all the cool stuff like the highway chase had been shown on the trailers.
so for me it was very very boring.
it'd probbaly help if i'd been a transformers fan as a kid but i never was.

I think to fully appreciate the film as an adult it has to be in the context of someone who had an interest in the cartoon as kid as it's pretty much a kids/young teenager's film. I did enjoy the film inspite of a some faults but I do actually agree that the fight scenes between transformers could to with looking a bit more human, found that a lot of the time it ended up looking like a bit of mess of machine and flailing mechanical parts especially when Bay went...well all Bay with his sizure inducing cuts and angle swithches. Thought the humor worked very well though.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 31
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 30/12/2008 3:10:24 PM   
bigmurds

Re watched Transformers last night and must admit it does work. I really cant wait for the second one. Only thing that let me down about watching it again last night was the female i was with said that Megan Fox looked like Stacey from Eastenders. :(

MY BRIAN IS FINE.......

ROCK AND ROLL

Edward Norton is never going to be Brandon Lee

(in reply to bronco3114)
Post #: 32
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 30/12/2008 6:00:55 PM   
Tech_Noir

How Transformers didn't win the best visual effects Oscars still baffles me.

(in reply to bigmurds)
Post #: 33
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 30/12/2008 6:12:57 PM   
Stewie_Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

The Golden Compass won, didn't it. Terrible visual effects.

Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is "Expiation"

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 34
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 30/12/2008 6:15:01 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stewie_Griffin

quote:

I didn't see that but I did see the effects in the trailers/promos and those animals looked like that monkey thing from Lost In Space.

(in reply to Stewie_Griffin)
Post #: 35
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 30/12/2008 6:16:45 PM   
kumar

[image]http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/newtrans2photo2.jpg[/image]

that looks glorious. I think on SHH i see John Turturro again, which i think is a shame unless they make his character less quirky!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 36
Michael Bay's Transformers is AWESOME. - 30/12/2008 9:03:38 PM   
Carrzy

Anybody who doesn't think that giant robots beating ten shades of shit out of each other is clearly an overthinking arsehole.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 37
Transformers is AWESOME. - 31/12/2008 8:45:57 AM   
vineethchacko

Transformers are awesome - cartoon or yes, the film. Yes, they went the popcorn movie route but guess what - there's nothing wrong with that. The flick is a fun time at the cinema. Enjoy it for what it is. Those who want a deconstruction of the Cybertonian mindset in relation to homo sapiens can wait decades for a remake. The rest of us will embrace the fact that transformers has made it to the cinema.

(in reply to Carrzy)
Post #: 38
RE: Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 1/1/2009 12:39:08 PM   
jrewing1000

was disappointed empire didn't feature photos of the robots themselves. who cares about pyramids?!?!

Post #: 39
RE: Michael Bay's Transformers is AWESOME. - 1/1/2009 3:17:30 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Carrzy

Anybody who doesn't think that giant robots beating ten shades of shit out of each other is clearly an overthinking arsehole.

Aren't you lovely?

I just fail to see how this film can be anything other than a retread of the first one.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Carrzy)
Post #: 40
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 1/1/2009 3:24:49 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmurds

Re watched Transformers last night and must admit it does work. I really cant wait for the second one. Only thing that let me down about watching it again last night was the female i was with said that Megan Fox looked like Stacey from Eastenders. :(

There is actually a weird similarity about them, even though one is obviously much better looking than the other.

(in reply to bigmurds)
Post #: 41
More History. - 1/1/2009 5:59:40 PM   
hyperdangerous

I recently purchased Transformers on blue-ray and was more than happy to discover a option on the bd live menu that allows you to watch the film with a hud. When you watch the film with this hud on at certain point of the film pop up's give you little run downs of some of the history of both autobots and decepticons, like how bumble bee lost his voice, and that the vision of a transformer on mars from the beagle is bumble bee etc. Also the general info that gives more insight into the history of the cybertron wars. I loved the film anyway as i thought it was great fun, visualy and story wise. But with this new insight into the film it created the illusion of it being a much more ongoing war rather than the thought of it being a new struggle of power! And now the new story of the fallen set for the new film coming into play, it will not all just seem like a coincidence and randomness, but for me it brings it all together as a bigger story rather than two seperate ones. I can't wait for Revenge of the fallen!!

Post #: 42
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 1/1/2009 9:07:17 PM   
hyperdangerous

Come on Transformers is definatly NOT dismall and unforgetable.  Bay did an excellect job with this film,  it was lively and well shot!  The Facts speak for themself, if the second one does half as well as the first it will definatly be the blockbuster of 2009!

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 43
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 1/1/2009 9:28:41 PM   
hyperdangerous

Ok, so the fight scenes were a tad blurry, and the best part of the chase scene was Bonecrusher ripping through the moving bus and we already got to see this on the trailor!  But, if you consider that Transformers already had a global ammount of world wide fans, and that the minute a live action version of transformers was was confirmed the production team were being bombared with just about a million email's saying mostly what they wanted, Bay pretty much was up against it from there!  Firstly he angered fans by changing the apperance of jazz, bumble bee, optimus and megatron etc, then the story wasn't what they wanted? He did what he thought was best, and if you look at the history of the original Transformers he kept it pretty close and brought it into the modern day.  Visualy apart from the fight scene's it was brilliant, the story was spot on for the follow on and the history and the incorporation of the human storys was well placed.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 44
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 1/1/2009 9:43:24 PM   
krudler

quote:

quote:

I caught a bit of this over Christmas on sky, AWFUL effects, a handful of decent scenery shots but the polar bears looked terrible, would have been fine if it was an animated movie but Transformers towered over it FX wise

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 45
RE: Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 2/1/2009 3:05:44 PM   
JRockwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrewing1000

was disappointed empire didn't feature photos of the robots themselves. who cares about pyramids?!?!

Can't tell if you're joking or not. The robots won't be finished. They're the last thing that gets 'done'. I mean, it's not as if we can have shots of Prime sitting in his fold up chair in between takes.. although that would be cool. They should do that.

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 46
RE: Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 2/1/2009 3:22:53 PM   
Tech_Noir

I saw a picture of Prime somewhere, looks the same just a little dirtier.

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 47
RE: Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 2/1/2009 3:29:35 PM   
JRockwell

Yeah but it'll be a press shot. It's not going to be a shot lifted from the movie. You may as well take photos of the toys if you're just interested in seeing pictures of a Transformer.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 48
RE: Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 2/1/2009 4:20:10 PM   
Tech_Noir

Can't believe the sequel's out in 5-6 months, time flies.

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 49
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 2/1/2009 10:48:36 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

quote:

The technical awards seems to go to the films that are more appealing to the Academy voters, rather than being based on the actual technical merits IMO. Unless there's a better explanation for how they were 14 for 18, then didn't win one for 12 years despite remaining the biggest, most in demand FX company during that time.

Post #: 50
Thats it? those are the pics? - 3/1/2009 10:46:26 PM   
bailian

Post #: 51
RE: Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 4/1/2009 2:42:41 PM   
JRockwell

Tempus fugit. I'm quite looking forward to the new film, mindless nonsense. Brilliant.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 52
RE: Exclusive Transformers 2 Images - 4/1/2009 10:58:57 PM   
Samfran

Any word on a teaser trailer or anything coming out? Havn't seen anything since those on set shots like 5 6 months ago.

"It's simple. Kill the Batman"

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 53
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 5/1/2009 1:52:44 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

quote:

I caught a bit of this over Christmas on sky, AWFUL effects, a handful of decent scenery shots but the polar bears looked terrible, would have been fine if it was an animated movie but Transformers towered over it FX wise

That was and is a disgrace. I actually thought the polar bears were one of the best effects in the film...so they fact that they were not great says it all. It just truly shocked me when I heard The Golden Compass trumped Transformers.

quote:

I saw a picture of Prime somewhere, looks the same .

Could that have been the front cover of the magazine? I believe he looks "battle damaged" rather than "just a little dirtier". There is a huge level of difference.

Battle Damaged = Uber Cool
Little Dirty = Unhygienic

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 54
RE: Egypt? Pyramids? - 5/1/2009 2:33:55 PM   
Monkeyshaver

So it seems that, if the egypt settings are anything to go by, we're going to get the old chestnut of aliens built the pyramids? But this time its transformers?

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 55
RE: Thats it? those are the pics? - 8/1/2009 1:00:18 AM   
Nexus6Replicant

My thoughts exactly. Empire you sure know how to make a fuss about nothing :/

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 56
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Egypt? Pyramids? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI